PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX and Prepar3D now in Beta!

Thread: PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX and Prepar3D now in Beta!

Icon14 PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX and Prepar3D now in Beta!

After waiting for more than five years, it seems that we will finally get the PMDG DC-6 this year

PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster for FSX and Prepar3D now in Beta!

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Now that IS some news I have been looking forward to reading!

This and the Connie make a great team

A
    Per Ardua ad Astra

This is already a real beauty in XPlane, I love it! Highly anticipated for her stablemates 377 and L049
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

It's been so long in coming , and I was so dismayed that it was released for X-Plane first, that I deleted it from my shopping list. I had totally forgotten about it until this thread appeared. I'm not even sure that I would get it now actually.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Blog Entries
    If it is even close to the X-Plane model it will be FANTASTIC!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Excellent news! waiting so long for this version, having the X-plane variant I'm sure is going to be a blast.
    Alexander Colka

Been waiting for this news for a long time.

What a quartet that will be when you add:

The A2A 377, L049 and the C-47 by Manfred Jahn ans Jan Visser,
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    While it may be good news the prices that PMDG charge plus the exchange rate between the $A and either the Euro or $US makes it almost prohibitive for people living in Australia and on a fixed income. I think I will be sticking with the JF/AH DC-6.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I hope that it doesn't mean too much, but I was reading an old PC Pilot (Sep-Oct 2015) article last night about the FlightSimCon 2015, and "Robert Randazzo announced the PMDG DC-6 was now in open beta".
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Best flippin' flight sim news of this year so far (IMHO)!!!! Can't wait!

Kent

YES!!!!! SOOOOO glad to hear this news!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I hope that it doesn't mean too much, but I was reading an old PC Pilot (Sep-Oct 2015) article last night about the FlightSimCon 2015, and "Robert Randazzo announced the PMDG DC-6 was now in open beta".
    This statement was related to the X-Plane version of the DC-6 which was released last year.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

The DC-6 is now on PMDG's order page for FSX and P3D...only $2,500,000.00.

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Right: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/prod...eUntil=9999999
    Maybe its a real plane?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Do they take a AARP senior discount?

All of these old planes.... MUST HAVE THE MAGENTA.... FOLLOW THE PINK LINE.....FOLLOW THE PINK LINE, FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW THE PINK LINE....
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Besides the joke entry for the DC-6 with the prices listed there is it little wonder I only own the PMDG JS-41. Probably a case of once bitten twice shy.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Be careful not to mention this on the Avsim PMDG forum - or God forbid have a laugh at it. You wouldn't believe the anarchy that ensues!

I made the mistake once of mentioning the real aircraft price that was listed for the 747, and you wouldn't believe the responses I got. I stay well away from that forum now.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

We ALL love flight & flight simulation- in whichever form best suits us.

The beta is going splendidly, and she is a glorious gal in P3D. Already quite fond of her.

Surely there's enough room in the sky for us all, regardless of which a/c or developer we are especially fond of.....?

C

For those interested......

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...dc-6a-at-9000/

She's becoming a fast favorite.....

Best- C

Tho I don't have the V3 PMDG 747, I do have a large fleet of their aircraft dating back to the FS9 model, this DC-6 is a whole different step from the PMDG usual pulling it into the 'Must Check this one out bag' idea is get a DC-6 must have savings money jar.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I really do like that I'm making it an excuse everytime I look at this a two dollar coin go's into my PMDG DC-6 money jar , that is four bucks already

Members who have read this thread: 1