Addon Scenery blocked by Orbix FTX Scenery

Thread: Addon Scenery blocked by Orbix FTX Scenery

Addon Scenery blocked by Orbix FTX Scenery

I hope that I am in the right part of the forum to ask a question about scenery, so I am throwing my hat in the door to see what happens.
    i have made a small scenery file with ADE consisting of a few parking places for the airplanes of my formation team. I Have distributed it to the pilots who have installed it and the parking spots are visible in the airport selection area and show up in the scenery for all but one pilot. That pilot has literally tons of ORBX scenery and associated FTX Scenery. The parking spots do not show up in the airport selection area or in the scenery itself.
    i believe that it has something to do with scenery stacking with the ORBX product
    I know absolutely nil about ORBX - I have none.
    anyone with ideas how to fix this problem?

Blog Entries
    If he moves the airport scenery above the Orbx scenery it should show up. Is the airport in a FTX area? If so, the elevation may be lower that the FTX/Orbx scenery elevation and it won't show. It is buried under the FTX scenery.

I hope this helps,
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

There is an elevation adjustment tool that is part of global vector, try running that.

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    If he moves the airport scenery above the Orbx scenery it should show up. Is the airport in a FTX area? If so, the elevation may be lower that the FTX/Orbx scenery elevation and it won't show. It is buried under the FTX scenery.

Ihope this helps,
    When the parking docks I built were added to her scenery library, that scenery was at the top of her scenery library. In a feeble attempt to make it show up we moved it down below all the ORBX and FTX entries. Guess that was a bad thing to do
    hard to say about the airport beinf an FTX airport - it started out being a default airport, but I suspect that the fact that she has FTX GLOBAL AIRPORTS installed in the scenery library makes that airport an FTX airport. The parking docks that I built are based on the default scenery for airport CYQM.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    There is an elevation adjustment tool that is part of global vector, try running that.

Like I said - I Am in uncharted waters with the ORBX Products, and I am not sure how savvy she is with whatever tools are available. Where can we/she find info on this elevation adjustment tool?

Quote Originally Posted by hecrowell View Post
    Like I said - I Am in uncharted waters with the ORBX Products, and I am not sure how savvy she is with whatever tools are available. Where can we/she find info on this elevation adjustment tool?
    I'm still at work so I can't refer to my sim computer so I am going from memory, but if you open up FTXCentral and then select global vector you should be able to open the control panel for it. In that you should find the Airport Elevation Correction page. I found an image online, it should look like this.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VhBB2CI.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    I'm still at work so I can't refer to my sim computer so I am going from memory, but if you open up FTXCentral and then select global vector you should be able to open the control panel for it. In that you should find the Airport Elevation Correction page. I found an image online, it should look like this.

Blanston12; thanks for all of your work and help. Will meet with the pilot today and see what we can do.
    much appreciated!

All third party add ons should always be above the OrbX sceneries. Use the insertion point tool in FTX Central. Open FTX Central, then start with the settings at bottom left.
    Set the insertion points- just put FTX below everybody else's scenery (using the pull downs), and the FTX landclass (if you have it) below FTX. Make sure you "save" the settings by clicking on the save button. If you use the insertion point tool, FTX will stay where you put it. If you simply try to move it in the sim by using the scenery library, every time you open FTX Central, it will put the FTX sceneries at the top again. You have to use the insertion tool !

Just a simple question: Does ORBX maybe has the same airport in its addons?

Not sure what ICAO code your addon is using. But mostly issues with no appearing airports have following reasons:

1. Find out the ICAO code of your addon airport (for example ETUO (it's for my own scenery addon RAF Gutersloh, Germany)) Normally installed and found in FSX >ADDON SCENERY
    2. Now do a search inside the FSX > ORBX > your region (for example FTX_EU or FTX_US)
    3. Inside this region folder you find some more subfolders where you will get appropriate scenery folders of the ORBX region covering the area where your own addon scenery is also placed.
    4. Inside this scenery folder have a look for the identically ICAO code bgl. If you find an identically ICAO code bgl (for example ADE_FTX_GEN_ETUO.bgl) and also an ADE_FTX_GEN_ETUO_CVX.bgl directly below for the surrounding landclass), these files will always take priority first to show. Disable these two files by for example ADE_FTX_GEN_ETUO.OFF. This will allow your addon scenery getting visable in most cases.
    Hope this helps, please let us know about your results.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Just a simple question: Does ORBX maybe has the same airport in its addons?

Disable these two files by for example ADE_FTX_GEN_ETUO.OFF. This will allow your addon scenery getting visable in most cases.
    Hope this helps, please let us know about your results.
    i do not know how to disable them - is there a disable button or do you just rename the file with the OFF filename as you show above?

sorry, I do not have any ORBX scenery - I am acting on behalf of one of my pilots that does.

Quote Originally Posted by hecrowell View Post
    i do not know how to disable them - is there a disable button or do you just rename the file with the OFF filename as you show above?
    sorry, I do not have any ORBX scenery - I am acting on behalf of one of my pilots that does.
    You just rename it any way you wish. Makes no difference. As long as the name is different Orbx will not load it. He can also simply delete those files. I do it all the time because Orbx will periodically add new freeware airports done by other members and even if he deletes this one, the next time Orbx does an update on those airports it will return. Kind of a PITA actually.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    You just rename it any way you wish. Makes no difference. As long as the name is different Orbx will not load it. He can also simply delete those files. I do it all the time because Orbx will periodically add new freeware airports done by other members and even if he deletes this one, the next time Orbx does an update on those airports it will return. Kind of a PITA actually.
    Ha! This is a lady pilot with a busy credit card and absolutely no will power. She has bought a ton and a half of ORBX software and another ton and a half of airplanes. Lord only knows how she has installed some of this because she is anything but computer savy. I rather suspect that something has not been installed in its proper order or something. One of my other pilots has ORBX installed and he had absolutely no problem loading or seeing the parking pads.
    i am about ready to insert a thousand foot pole in her parking spot to see if that sticks out of the ground somewhere.

I'm getting a headache!

Haha - oh what a mess! I think it is rather essential having some basic knowing and understanding of flightsim and its behaviour. Please give her a hint and several links to well known flightsim sites. Some virtual aspirin for you
    Best regards, Manfred.

Members who have read this thread: 0