MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 23
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 131516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

I may be wrong, but doesn't FSX Deluxe, with SP1 and 2 or without, I think include Acceleration? If so, it should work nicely. ESPECIALLY with ADDON4
    Particularly doing Hoist ops with AICarriers. If you read back a few pages, you can see the fun *I* had doing that fun stuff.
    By the way, I am working on getting the Sling settings right. It'll be more than just a few day, as I will be out of town a few days starting tomorrow, but I'll get to them as soon as I possibly can.
    Really glad to hear about a new model coming out. I can hardly wait to give 'er a spin around Honolulu Harbour!

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Hi,

I have been watching this thread for a long time, very interesting to see this special bird evolve. I have not yet got the Osprey due to other projects. I have met the Osprey up close down in the sand, both visitng the CSAR guys at Kandahar and the marines at Bastion. The sound and visibility lights of the rotars at night was quite a view during formation takeoffs.

Which files do I need to get a up to date install?

Thanks!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Page 1 of this thread will take you to the d/l on FSDeveloper. In it's current form of 1.0 plus a few small updates listed, it flies great, but Kalong is busy with a massive update. In FSX-A, I can simulate most of the AF/USMC Osprey missions. It also helps to have a programmable stick for nacelle tilt.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I may be wrong, but doesn't FSX Deluxe, with SP1 and 2 or without, I think include Acceleration?
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

FYI:
    - FSX originally came in two versions: Basic and DeLuxe.
    Difference: the SDK, and a few aircraft (I think).

- For these versions, MS released SP1 and SP2.

- MS also released FSX-Acceleration, as (payed) addon for the original Basic and DeLuxe versions.
    This included SP1 and SP2, and added some extra features like Carrier Operations, Hoist Operations and some new aircraft.
    NOTE: apart from the added features in FSX-Acceleration, the included SP2 is NOT the same as the stand-alone SP2 update; there are some subtile differences, like some extra variables and some extra features in .air files.

- Later on, MS released FSX-GoldEdition, which escentially is FSX-DeLuxe + FSX-Acceleration bundled into one commercial package.
    Hence you need two activation keys for FSX-GoldEdition.

- FSX-Steam edition .
    The FSX version of DTG on the Steam platform: escentially the functionality of FSX-GoldEdition + some optimisations and some bug fixing.

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Yes, for this Rel.1 as-is, you need to have FSUIPC installed.
    And that will solve the issue you mention.
    You can download FSUIPC from: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html (download FSUIPC4).
    No need to register (buy) it, just install as-is.

FYI: the basic part of FSUIPC (the code that works without registration) is just a software interface used by many FS addons and FSX (SimConnect) and is free.
    If you register (buy) it, a lot of other features are enabled; like key/joystick assignments/calibration, and a lot more.

The reason why you can visually move the nacelles with the "/" key (Spoiler Toggle) , is that you have enabled the Spoiler gauge in the panel.cfg.
    However, this is intended for using a Spoiler controller AXIS , not just a SpoilerToggle key; which allows you to incrementally set the nacelles.
    By default, nacelles control is set to the AileronTrim Left/Right function. See the manual.

If this works now, and you like flying with this aircraft, I suggest you download my Addon4 from the SOH library.
    Which adds a lot of features, AND doesn't require FSUIPC anymore. (includes a version of VSTOL interface control made by Maryadi, which operates directly on SimConnect).

By the way: I'm not sure all features of this V22 will work with FSX-SP2; the min. supported FS version (tested with) is FSX-Acceleration and FSX-Steam
    But generally, I think it will work with FSX-SP2 too.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thank-you for the explanation and further clarification re FSUIPC.
    I downloaded your 'addon4' , went back to aileron trim left/right control for nacelles to get the precise full range of motion control, and downloaded the V1.1 VC texture mods by 'kdfw'.
    So far, happy to say, everything I tried seems to work OK - including vertical takeoff, but lots of learning to do with this AC yet - will take some time.
    BTW, FSX Deluxe Edition does not have the Acceleration addon, but with SP 1 & 2 seems to handle this AC just fine.
    I definitely plan on getting FSUIPC soon, regardless, as lots of developers seem to refer to it and even Orbx claims it helps in preventing certain 'smartassembly' errors which can sometimes cause FSX freezups and crashes with some scenery.

Thank-you, again, Rob and everyone for your fabulous help.
    Cheers,
    Milan.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Rob,

Thank-you for the explanation and further clarification re FSUIPC.
    I downloaded your 'addon4' , went back to aileron trim left/right control for nacelles to get the precise full range of motion control, and downloaded the V1.1 VC texture mods by 'kdfw'.
    So far, happy to say, everything I tried seems to work OK - including vertical takeoff, but lots of learning to do with this AC yet - will take some time.
    BTW, FSX Deluxe Edition does not have the Acceleration addon, but with SP 1 & 2 seems to handle this AC just fine.
    I definitely plan on getting FSUIPC soon, regardless, as lots of developers seem to refer to it and even Orbx claims it helps in preventing certain 'smartassembly' errors which can sometimes cause FSX freezups and crashes with some scenery.

Thank-you, again, Rob and everyone for your fabulous help.
    Cheers,
    Milan.
    Hi Milan,

Glad I could help.
    As to using Addon4:
    Yes, you won't need FSUIPC if you installed that.
    But as I explained in my post above, your FSX-DeLuxe+SP1+SP2 lacks certain features, so some things in Addon4 won't work. Like the Hoist operation, and maybe more.

Cheers, Rob

[/echo effect ON] Now I know... [/echo effect OFF]
    Sorry, I had to

Thanks Rob! I have a heck of a time keeping all that straight. I'm going to save off your explanation for next time this sort of thing comes up.
    Appreciate the help!

Milan,
    Remember, the Marines are amphibious units. Being hauled around on boats, flying logistical support for the Fleet ships, making ship-to-shore assaults, etc etc are all part and parcel of our mission. Without Acceleration, you're missing out on all that fun stuff. I'm sure this aircraft is enjoyable enough without all that, but it's like you're only getting 1/2 an aircraft, it seems to me. But hey, what do I know?
    Enjoy, no matter how you use it. I sure do!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

And then there's this new addon coming to FSX and P3D with all the US Navy amphibs, carriers and more...

http://www.hazegraystudios.com

Hi Rob and Pat,

My FSX is near it's end of life, anyway.
    I will be building a new system in the new year and hope to go to P3DV4 or whatever version is out by then ?
    Currently I'm just trying out new things in an attempt to keep FSX interesting, and am willing to live with some compromises for the time being.
    I appreciate your help in getting me on a starting track with this fine AC and I know eventually I would get it fully-functioning once I move to P3D.

Cheers,
    Milan.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Flying a pair of Ospreys in Alaska with a friend, he was telling me about the floatplane base that we flew over was one of the busiest in the United States, as well as having its own traffic control facility, all while being less than a quarter of a mile from Stevens-Anchorage Intl Airport. Cool little fact! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181622064

If any of you guys have FSX-SE or P3D with JoinFS, I'd be down to do some carrier ops or formation flying in the 22, Hit me up!

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Mark , go to warbirds library , fsx military skins/general ,I'd give u the link but I'm on a iPad and can't open 2 windows at once lol . Letourn uploaded his originals that I copied over with grim etc , to avsim with a few other repaints if anyone is interested

Bill
    Bill where are your repaints on AVSIM?I can't find them.Thanks

Thanks for the link Ulrich-Richard.

Hey he made it onto Rikoooo.com!!! sweet! Nice work Maryadi

Is anyone else currently or planning on making the HMX Presidential textures for the Ospreys?

HMX-1 VIP Transport

Sorry Im overruning the thread guys haha
    But thoughts on the paint color?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-11-1_14-22-6-537_BMP.jpg   2017-11-1_14-23-6-451_BMP.jpg   2017-11-1_14-23-53-561_BMP.jpg  

Great paint job!

Although, after 10 years of looking at so much of my world painted, dyed, and whatever, Olive Drab, it's not really my favorite color
    Still, very well done. Thanks for an excellent paint job.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

MV-22 OSPREY ,

below in the picture, REPAINT (in the internet) only for
    the PAYWARE BASIS VERSION ALPHA / VIRTAVIA .

MfG

U-R

p.S.: Sorry ,the procedure of the picture attachment is not well known to me in this forum.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MV-22_OSPREY_Repaint.jpg  

MV-22B , Repaint "HMX-1 VIP transport" freeware.
    https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...Osprey&x=0&y=0

MfG

U-R

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BILD-001_MV-22B_Kalong-Maryadi, Repaint HMX1-01.jpg  

Looking real good! I have a very good friend that was in HMX-1 back when they had CH-53E's. He said they spent 80% of their time polishing those birds. Not a speck of dirt, oil stain, or anything else was permitted on those birds. Just wax. Lots and lots of wax

Again, very well done!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Yeah I wish I knew how to make textures "shiny". I dont have the first clue how...

From what I've read, shiny has to do a lot with alpha channels on textures. Just what that means, exactly, I have no idea. I don't know squat about editing textures, paint kits, or anything else on those lines. I have all the artistic talent of a small rock. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler.
    But I read a lot. Think alpha channels for shine. That's what I seem to recall from all my reading.

Either that, or break out the McGuires Carnuba wax and go wild

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

nope, shiny are came from texture parameter inside model, either use standard texture (diffuse) or add new texture deal with shiny. as shiny texture are "only" for HMX (I think), so I'll make shiny stuff less priorities.
    Maryadi

Oh thats no prob Maryadi, I dont care too much for the shinyness. I actually thought it had something to do with the alpha channels too, but guess not lol.

How is version 2 coming along, Maryadi? Any updates?

Members who have read this thread: 0