MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 16
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Thanks, Seawing.
    I am not sure, but I believe Rob is updating his VTOL gauge to maybe move the downward camera view to center on the new hoist position, which is as close as I can get it to centered on the Hoist Door. Maryadi is going to animate the hoist doors, so you can see why some things needed to changed. I was just trying to do what little I can to help.
    Hope you're enjoying it all
    Pat☺
    Hi!

Well, just tried the new settings today with a pallet of boxes, but unfortunately the wire snapped again. Might just be too many jittery movements caused by my old PC ...
    Are you using it in P3D or FSX?

Seawing

I'm using FSX:SE, NVidea Inspector, and a lot of FSX.CFG mods. I'm using AICarriers to place the loads.
    If your plane, or scenery, jitters, stutters, or anything like that, yes, the cable will break. The load and the plane don't always come out of a stutter at the same instant, over-stressing the cable.
    Have you any fancy add-on scenery, high 3D clouds set, lots of ground traffic at airports, and/or roads, lots of AI aircraft, or high autogen settings? I've found that, especially 3D clouds, and airport Ground traffic, will really eat FPS, and cause jitters, and/or stutters. If you were me, which you aren't, lucky that you are, I would turn all that stuff way down or off. It may help smooth things out for you.
    Sometimes, if you have the thermals set up for soaring, or whatever, high winds, things like that, it will break the cable too. Using real-world weather from a 3rd party, like FSRealWX, can cause sudden wind-shifts. Not conducive to keeping the load attached.
    Also, sometimes locking your framerate at 25 or 30 helps, giving the processor more cycles to devote to what you really need it to do, not make pretty eye-candy. I'm in it to fly a plane, not look at pretty houses. Again, though, just me.
    Something I discovered, as well: The stretcher_sm object has a default weight of 60. It causes it to jump up through the blades, or high into the sky, breaking the cable, obviously. I just changed it to 260, as though it has a person in it, and it's settled down nicely. Although it doesn't go much below 20' cable length without getting blown up into the plane. Either have to hover very low, or much slower than the 25kts of a carrier or other AI ship in motion.
    I hope something in all my babbling helps a little bit...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Way to put it in terms I can understand Pat lol
    thanks for sharing your mods .They are on the money.
    Cant wait for new model to come out. I haven't flown so much since
    I can't tell you. Thanks again

Bill

Sling

Hi Phantom Tweak,

I've inserted your [Sling.0] section into the MV-22's aircraft.cfg file but no sling appears. Probably because I need the actual sling!

Where can I get it from? And where do I put it when I've got it?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Bill, I'm glad I could help
    Enjoy it. I sure do.

Freded,
    If you placed the [Sling.0] section into the aircraft.cfg, you have the sling installed. That's actually the easy part, believe it or not.
    To use the sling, you need a couple things in addition to the entry in the aircraft.cfg. You need something to use the sling on, and you need to be able to place the loads into the sim world.
    I recommend going to Hovercontrol.com, downloading, and installing, their Scar Creek Outposts 2010 scenery, and scarcreekloads2.zip, which gives you some very nice sling loads you can use. Don't worry about going there. You can place the loads wherever you like with AICarriers.NET. You won't even need to activate the scenery. We're just going to "borrow" the sling loads they provide. I will post the file to place in your conf.d folder to make the loads available in AICarriers. Finally, you need Rob's Addon_3 for the MV-22 installed, from the library here in SOH.
    SO, now you have all that fun stuff installed and working, place a load, or several, into the world where you are. Or wherever you want to pick them up. I go into a stable hover, at about 50-75 feet AGL, where I want my loads placed, and let the autopilot hold the hover for me while I place the loads. Hit SHFT+J, and look down through the menu page(s) until you find the load you want, and select it's associated number. When the next page pops up, select User Position from the menu. The load(s) will appear below you.
    Hit SHFT+2 to open Rob's hoist camera. It will be a small window, upper right corner of your screen. Hit CTRL+U to activate the sling. It takes about 10 seconds to become active. You will be able to tell it's active by seeing a green height indication in the lower left corner of the window. Once it is, hit J once to get the hook out, the J again to lower the hook on the cable. If you want to get a better look at it, hit the spot plane view, and move it around until you can see the cable down below the plane. Very thin, black line extending down. You can stop the cable by hitting J again, or K. either will work. Lower the hook (really, just the end of the cable) down until it's about 1-2 feet off the ground as indicated by the height indicator. Use the red crosshairs in the window to move the cable to where the load is. Make sure that, beside the green height indication in the camera view, the letters PU are flashing. If they are not, hit the O (oh, not zero) key and they will start.
    Once the cable end gets close enough, the load will attach to the sling. Hit K to draw it up some, K again to stop it. I like to keep the load about 15-20 feet below the plane. You can tell when it is by simple math. The difference between the red height indication (the planes AGL height), and the green one (the end of the cable's AGL) tells you it's distance below the plane.
    Now, very, very gently start moving. Keep your turns coordinated. I don't get much above 35-40 KIAS. Don't make sudden movements of the controls, or you will break the cable.
    When you get where you want to place the load, hover over it, again using the SHFT+2 window to exactly position the plane over the target, and hit J to lower the load. When the green indication is 1 foot, hit O to drop the load off the cable, retract it all the way, and fly away for your next load

Place this file in your AICarrier's conf.d folder. Make sure it's the ONLY .cfg file there. Too many, and it gets to be very unwieldy when you hit SHFT+J, requiring you to search through multiple menu pages to find what you want. If it's the only .cfg file, it will be very easy to find.

Code:
    [base]throttle=60
    menu_shortcut=shift+j
    confdir=conf.d

[formation.0]
    title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm plus other
    unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, -15
    unit.1=Food_pallet , 0, 15
    unit.2=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 15, 0
    unit.3=crated_cylinder_sm, -15, 0
    unit.4=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
    unit.5=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 13
    unit.6=fuel_bladder_sm, 13, -15
    unit.7=Stretcher_sm, -13, 13

[formation.1]
    title=AC_Unit_sm
    unit.0=AC_Unit_sm, 0, 15

[formation.2]
    title=CableCar_Wheel_sm
    unit.0=CableCar_Wheel_sm, 0, 15

[formation.3]
    title=crated_cylinder_sm
    unit.0=crated_cylinder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.4]
    title=cratedfueltank_sm
    unit.0=cratedfueltank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.5]
    title=fuel_bladder_sm
    unit.0=fuel_bladder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.6]
    title=gas_bottles_sm
    unit.0=gas_bottles_sm, 0, 15

[formation.7]
    title=Generator_sm
    unit.0=Generator_sm, 0, 15

[formation.8]
    title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm
    unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 15

[formation.9]
    title=Propane_Tank_sm
    unit.0=Propane_Tank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.10]
    title=box_of_drums_sm
    unit.0=box_of_drums_sm, 0, 15[B] "

[Formation.11]
    title=Stretcher_sm
    unit.0=Stretcher_sm, 0, 5

[Formation.12]
    title=Food_pallet
    unit.0=Food_pallet , 0, 15
    Copy the above code into a text file named Sling loads for aicarriers.cfg , and place it into your AICarrier's conf.d folder.

Is all that babbling what you need to know?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Thanks Pat for that exhaustive reply!

I'll work my way through it, starting with Rob's Addon_3 and Hovercontrol.com.

Where's a good place to get AI carriers from?

Cheers,

Mark

Yes, I sure can
    you can find AICarriers.NET here: https://github.com/ollyau/AICarriers/releases
    There is a thread on it over at FSDT. It can be found here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind....html#msg86978
    I type it with the .NET extension because it's author, Orion, likes to do it that way in his thread about it to differentiate from the older, java based version.
    Both versions' executable files are AICarriers.exe. Using the .NET extension is just an easy way to tell them apart.
    Make sure you download and install the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile .
    May I ask, are you using P3D or FSX? If you're using P3D, make sure you install AICarriers into the main P3D folder. I've heard that this needs to be done, and that it doesn't. Placing it there will save possible headaches later on, is all. Do NOT, under any circumstances, install it into C:\Program Files , or C:\Program Files(X86) . That WILL cause problems later, trust me.
    You don't have to add it to your EXE.XML file. There is an example entry available both on the thread's first post, and in the Readme file as well, to do so if you desire, though, to start it every time you start the sim. I do it that way cause I'm lazy

There are dozens of boats available for use in AICarriers. Beware of adding too many entries, either into the main AICarriers.cfg file, or into the conf.d folder, where they belong anyway. I made a subfolder in the conf.d folder, and store the add-on .cfg files there until I want to use them. Keeps from having 20 pages to search through in the SHFT+J menu. Like I said, I'm lazy.
    If you want moving carriers, without having to place them with AIC, so you can use it to place your sling loads, go to Flightsim, and download carriertracks1and2.zip from the library there. Places moving carriers all over the world. I love the ones around Hawaii. There's a ton of them to choose from to place a load onto. Great challenge. Cruisers and destroyers are an even bigger challenge. Much smaller landing areas. Great fun to place the Osprey it's self on while they're moving. NOT easy

Have fun, and if you have any more questions, I'll try to help.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Her is a "what if " fictional repaint for the Navy brothers here. Its has all the mods and scrapes and shadows and etc etc that I and others have allowed me to use. If there is interest ill upload here, ley me know

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

I also added some of my own mods to wheel wells and interior cargo and textures for inside of flaps and about 3000 or so rivits

Bill

some more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

and one more set
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg  

Yes flewpastu,I would be very interested in your new textures,BTW great job.Thanks

Cool deal, I'll upload tonight

Bill

Thank you very much Bill,BTW what town in Florida?I live in New Smyrna Beach thru the winter.

Hi Bill,

Yes, I'd be interested in your great repaint.

Hope you upload it soon!

Mark

V4 of my addon uploaded

Hi,

I just uploaded V4 of my addon package for the MV22B Osprey to the FSX-Other section of the SOH library.

Thanks to Pat for testing it.
    (Pat: I included your sling.0 tweaks; also I added, as discussed via Email, the AI traffic ID to the selected AI info, to help re-find a lost AI)

What it adds (compared to the original Rel1 package of the MV22B Osprey):
    1. A HoverHold feature.
    Now working upto 50 knots airspeed.

2. A down-looking camera, for VTOL landings and hoist operations.

3. A forward-looking camera plus tracking control and fuel dump/reload, for AI formation flying and tanker operation.

4. A new, more appropriate proprotor dust effect on hard surfaces, like concrete, asphalt and tarmac.

5. A tracking ground-mode, to detect/fly-to AI aircraft carriers.

6. A Radar gauge, visualising the position/heading of the selected AI relative to your position/heading.

7. A tow/push feature, that simulates the MV22B being towed-forward or pushed-back by a truck with engines Off.

8. A revised implementation of "speed-forcing on the ground".
    Improving the groundroll on non-moving surfaces.

9. Maryadi's version of the IPC gauge, which solves a some problems on P3D and doesn't require FSUIPC anymore.

Fully documented, intended for FSX-ACCEL and FSX-SE.
    (Works with P3D, but the used FSX-camera view function may give some display problems)

Enjoy .....

Rob Barendregt

PS: If you are allready using V3 of my addon: this V4 includes V3. See README.

uploading as we speak bro's. I live on the gulf side of florida. A little town called Inverness, about an hour drive north from tampa, PhantomP

Bill

Bill, thanks for that repaint. I couldn't get on to say anything earlier, sorry bout that...
    I appreciate the hard work!

Rob, I was very glad to be some small help. Your work has always impressed me no end, and to be a small part of it was a great honor.
    Keep up the great work. I am sure the whole FS community appreciates it greatly
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Agreed phantomtweak, Thank you Rob for your work on the mods for this bird, those mods make this aircraft a pleasure to fly, thanks for the nudge on the repaint. I've got a couple more in the pipeline . Enjoy

Bill

Thanks RobB,this looks to be an another awesome addition to FSX,and,thanks to flewpastu for your new textures,also thanks to PhantomTweak for all the info,and advice.

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    some more pics
    and one more set
    Wonderful paint Bill. sorry not quite detail I make on wheel well, afraid of polygon count that make fps eater.

No problem kalong, I'm still experimenting with different textures for the wheel wells. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve to make this model better than it already is .

Bill

uploading as we speak bro's. I live on the gulf side of florida. A little town called Inverness, about an hour drive north from tampa, PhantomP

Bill
    Hi Bill,

Could you tell me where to get that repaint from? Thanks!

Mark

go to home page here at simouthouse and look for HSL-51 Zip, its 2 down from the top in the 'Whats new " section. I downloaded Robs new gauge V4 but now I cant control the nacelles ? they are stuck on 60 degrees. Has anybody else having this problem ? Thanks In Advance guys

Bill

go to home page here at simouthouse and look for HSL-51 Zip, its 2 down from the top in the 'Whats new " section. I downloaded Robs new gauge V4 but now I cant control the nacelles ? they are stuck on 60 degrees. Has anybody else having this problem ? Thanks In Advance guys

Bill
    Nothing changed in that area ....
    Do you control the nacelles with AileronTrim commands (default) or with an Axis commanding Spoiler ?
    If the latter.. you have to enable gauge05 in the vc00 section of the panel.cfg again.

If still not Ok....
    - are the engines running ?.
    - is the master battery On ?

Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0