MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 7
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Hi Rob,

Sent you the logs last night, so just wanted to check that you receive this?
    Hi Chris,

Yes, received the mail. Just had no time yet to read/interprete it. Sorry, probably sunday.
    Very busy with some reallife stuf these days ...

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    that nice air refueling.
    yes, that aircraft still have more chance to upgrade in many side. my beta tester (letourn) ever try use external load using sling.
    Do sling loads work with aircraft in FS? I thought they only work with rotorcraft? It would be wounderful to fly external loads or use the winch to do some CSAR!!

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Chris,

Yes, received the mail. Just had no time yet to read/interprete it. Sorry, probably sunday.
    Very busy with some reallife stuf these days ...

Cheers, Rob
    Rob no need to apologise at all there, just wanted to know the email was received.
    Just one thing I forgot to mention in the email that flight was with Tacpack enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Do sling loads work with aircraft in FS? I thought they only work with rotorcraft? It would be wounderful to fly external loads or use the winch to do some CSAR!!

Seawing
    ask letourn, I never try it

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...434517/page-14

see post #271

MV-22 External Cargo Lifts

ask letourn, I never try it

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...434517/page-14

see post #271

I've also made some sling load tests the last days.

my aircraft.cfg entrys for sling loads :

[yaw_string]
    yaw_string_available=1

[Sling.0]
    hoist_extend_rate = 5 //Feet per second
    hoist_retract_rate = -5 //Feet per second
    position = 0.0, 0.0, -5.0 //Feet from datum
    max_stretch = 2.0 //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
    damping_ratio = 0.6 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
    rated_load = 10000 //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
    ultimate_load = 25000 //Breaking force in pounds
    tolerance_angle=70 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit
    auto_pickup_range = 15 //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
    auto_pickup_max_speed = 10 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup
    hoist_payload_station = 5 //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.
    hoist_door=4 //Door associated with hoist. Must be open for use.

[Sling.1]
    position = 1.0, 0.0, -5.0 //Feet from datum
    damping_ratio = 0.75 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
    tolerance_angle=70 //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit

I use AI Carriers tool for placing the liftable objects.
    my entrys in AICarriers / aicarriers.cfg :

[formation.xx] <---Replace xx with consecutive number
    title=water_tank_sm
    unit.0=water_tank_sm, 0, 0

[formation.xx]
    title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm
    unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 0

[formation.xx]
    title=Generator_sm
    unit.0=Generator_sm, 0, 0

[formation.xx]
    title=Humvee_sm
    unit.0=Humvee_sm, 0, 0

only tested with FSX with Acceleration Pack.
    look into you "SimObjects / Misc" folder for liftable objects
    and make new formation entries like above.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    For those of you who like an introduction video on how-to-fly this MV22B, I can highly recommend this

https://youtu.be/17gO42bjEjI

Created by one of the betatesters (Heater) ....

Even if you have allready flown it, Im sure the video contains things you have not tried yet .....

Rob
    Excellent video. Like mandatory viewing to get started.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I've also made some sling load tests the last days.

my aircraft.cfg entrys for sling loads :

[yaw_string]
    yaw_string_available=1

[Sling.0]
    hoist_extend_rate = 5 //Feet per second
    hoist_retract_rate = -5 //Feet per second
    position = 0.0, 0.0, -5.0 //Feet from datum
    damping_ratio = 0.6 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
    hoist_payload_station = 5 //Payload station in which the hoist will load in and out of. 1 is first station.
    hoist_door=4 //Door associated with hoist. Must be open for use.

[Sling.1]
    position = 1.0, 0.0, -5.0 //Feet from datum
    damping_ratio = 0.75 //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.

I use AI Carriers tool for placing the liftable objects.
    my entrys in AICarriers / aicarriers.cfg :

[formation.xx] <---Replace xx with consecutive number
    title=water_tank_sm
    unit.0=water_tank_sm, 0, 0

[formation.xx]
    title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm
    unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 0

[formation.xx]
    title=Generator_sm
    unit.0=Generator_sm, 0, 0

[formation.xx]
    title=Humvee_sm
    unit.0=Humvee_sm, 0, 0

only tested with FSX with Acceleration Pack.
    look into you "SimObjects / Misc" folder for liftable objects
    and make new formation entries like above.

Wow, gotta try that tonight!! Thanks!

Seawing

Great job Postbaer61, off to resupply some jarheads in the field!

Thanks kdfw for the crew paints, now my Marine aviators don't look like USAF dudes.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

no problem, here's the link:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=22522

for trackir users, eye point should be adjusted:

[Views]
    eyepoint = 16.00, 1.90, 1.650 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

shockwave landing lights:

[LIGHTS]
    light.5 = 5, 17.776, 2.000, -5.150, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down
    light.6 = 5, 17.776, -2.000, -5.150, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down

and be sure to disable a2a accufeel or it will affect vstol.

I'm not to computer savvy. I'm trying to add a pop up MFD to the panel. The window will display but not the gauge. What am I doing wrong? Here's my entry (xx of course being my next sequenced pop up window).

[Windowxx]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=937,887
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=2
    visible=0
    window_size= 0.310, 0.580
    type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0,0,937,887

Quote Originally Posted by monk1 View Post
    I'm not to computer savvy. I'm trying to add a pop up MFD to the panel. The window will display but not the gauge. What am I doing wrong? Here's my entry (xx of course being my next sequenced pop up window).

[Windowxx]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=937,887
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=2
    visible=0
    window_size= 0.310, 0.580
    type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0,0,937,887
    I never use dll gauge in 2D cockpit and not intended to be use in 2D cockpit. but you can try it.
    please see correctly on panel.cfg.

I never use dll gauge in 2D cockpit and not intended to be use in 2D cockpit. but you can try it.
    please see correctly on panel.cfg.
    No problem Kalong, thanks for the response. Only reason I ask is because when I'm at cruise altitude I like to do some sight seeing from outside. It's nice to be able to pop up the MFD just to take a quick look at nav and systems while in exterior view. Just a personalized tweak I was trying to make.

Again, fantastic model. What a joy to fly!

-Bob

No problem Kalong, thanks for the response. Only reason I ask is because when I'm at cruise altitude I like to do some sight seeing from outside. It's nice to be able to pop up the MFD just to take a quick look at nav and systems while in exterior view. Just a personalized tweak I was trying to make.

Again, fantastic model. What a joy to fly!

-Bob
    if you aware there additional number then usual gauge placement

Code:
    [Vcockpit01]
    file=..\texture\$display_1.dds
    background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=1
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$display_1
    gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   0,   512, 512, 1
    gauge01=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 0,   512, 512, 2
    gauge02=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   512, 512, 512, 3
    gauge03=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 512, 512, 512, 4
    see number 1, 2, 3, 4 after each gauge (same file)
    and this was C++ gauge, you will aware with the size or gauge getting weird or wrong display. I just show there "possibility", never tried and I not recommended to be use in 2D panel

if you aware there additional number then usual gauge placement

Code:
    [Vcockpit01]
    file=..\texture\$display_1.dds
    background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=1
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$display_1
    gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   0,   512, 512, 1
    gauge01=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 0,   512, 512, 2
    gauge02=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   512, 512, 512, 3
    gauge03=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 512, 512, 512, 4
    see number 1, 2, 3, 4 after each gauge (same file)
    and this was C++ gauge, you will aware with the size or gauge getting weird or wrong display. I just show there "possibility", never tried and I not recommended to be use in 2D panel
    I understand Kalong and wondered if the sizing would be a problem. That's most likely the problem and I understand you didn't mean the PFD's to be used as a 2D pop-up. It's perfect the way it is, I was just trying to be lazy and not switch to interior view to check the PFD.

On a different topic, it's amazing how you worked the flight dynamics with this model. Things I never knew could be accomplished in FS. And the blade fold and stow is amazing!

yes, that aircraft still have more chance to upgrade in many side. my beta tester (letourn) ever try use external load using sling.

Any chance to look into the air-2-air refueling version currently in testing ... perhaps ... one time ...?
    https://news.usni.org/wp-content/upl...g-CV3A2768.jpg

Seawing

I understand Kalong and wondered if the sizing would be a problem. That's most likely the problem and I understand you didn't mean the PFD's to be used as a 2D pop-up. It's perfect the way it is, I was just trying to be lazy and not switch to interior view to check the PFD.<br>
    <br>
    On a different topic, it's amazing how you worked the flight dynamics with this model. Things I never knew could be accomplished in FS. And the blade fold and stow is amazing!
    if scripting code in C++ for 2D cockpit are more thing to do, cause 2D has dynamic screen size. make lot of work to do. still not yet find easier and fast way.

flight dynamic, I just thinking of default FSX aircraft that have same profile. and I take cessna grand caravan, as it has high wing, turboprop, stable, approach speed quite close enough. and IMO, grand caravan better than other default aircraft i.e. King air. I make some modification to suit with Osprey spec. final flight dynamic are corrected by Rob Barendgret to meet with VTOL gauge and that make transition are more smooth. but all of that just assumption (me and Rob) not from real aircraft flight dynamic.

Any chance to look into the air-2-air refueling version currently in testing ... perhaps ... one time ...?
    https://news.usni.org/wp-content/upl...g-CV3A2768.jpg

Seawing
    our beta tester ever try to use freeware air refueling. but in somewhat, that freeware air refueling gauge are not work in my aircraft. if there any user are success with air refueling with my aircraft, I will glad to know how to do that, and add to my to do list for next upgrade.

our beta tester ever try to use freeware air refueling. but in somewhat, that freeware air refueling gauge are not work in my aircraft. if there any user are success with air refueling with my aircraft, I will glad to know how to do that, and add to my to do list for next upgrade.
    Well, I thought more of the VARS tanker module (as currently tested by the USMC) for the provider (ownship), rather than the gauge for the receiver. ;-)
    Although I agree, it would make a nice multiplayer setup to be able to fly one MV-22 as the tanker and one as the receiver aircraft.
    I guess the VARS module would mean an aircraft model modification with a different rear ramp logic and the tanker VARS module.

If the refueling gauge itself is a problem, have you thought about TacPack as an option? I don't know how hard and complex it would be, though.

Cheers,

Seawing

Good timing on the release, just happen to have a Osprey at the local air show this weekend. Talked shop with the aircraft commander. He said flys good as an airplane, okay as a helo. They cruise lower due to o2 requirements. Very cool to fly this add on and then touch the real thing!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Well, I thought more of the VARS tanker module (as currently tested by the USMC) for the provider (ownship), rather than the gauge for the receiver. ;-)
    Although I agree, it would make a nice multiplayer setup to be able to fly one MV-22 as the tanker and one as the receiver aircraft.
    I guess the VARS module would mean an aircraft model modification with a different rear ramp logic and the tanker VARS module.

If the refueling gauge itself is a problem, have you thought about TacPack as an option? I don't know how hard and complex it would be, though.

Cheers,

Seawing
    aerial refueling would be challenge for me. as there not many FSX/P3D variable support in multiplayer.

yes I can consider tacpack as another option.
    the other thing need to consider is:
    - Tacpack is payware, right?
    - compatibility VTOL gauge with Tacpack, some pilot sim report they need to disable, some not need to disable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Rob no need to apologise at all there, just wanted to know the email was received.
    Just one thing I forgot to mention in the email that flight was with Tacpack enabled.
    Just sent you a mail with some additional tests.
    I'm sure we can crack this problem ......

Rob

after make discussion with Rob and fast reading Tacpack overview.
    My Osprey will not tackpack support, reason:
    - My aircraft is freeware, Tacpack payware.
    - in some cases, VTOL conflicted with Tacpack. (Rob on making test to make sure what the exact cause that make conflicted)
    - Tacpack mostly for weapon control, My Osprey are not armed yet (only cannon use by crew)

Just in case anyone wants, there are two A-A refueling gauges, one for the tanker, one for the receiver. The tanker side gauge may be downloaded HERE: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=150313 , and the receiver side gauge may be downloaded HERE: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=150321 .
    They may both be called as pop-up gauges, so they work in both 2D and VC panels.
    Hope this helps at least one little situation some...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I just wanted to chime in that I am running TacPack with no problems. The couple times that I have had an issue, I actually was not running TacPack, interestingly enough. So it definitely wasn't TacPack.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Just in case anyone wants, there are two A-A refueling gauges, one for the tanker, one for the receiver. The tanker side gauge may be downloaded HERE: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=150313 , and the receiver side gauge may be downloaded HERE: http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib....ght&fid=150321 .
    They may both be called as pop-up gauges, so they work in both 2D and VC panels.
    Hope this helps at least one little situation some...
    Pat☺
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    I just wanted to chime in that I am running TacPack with no problems. The couple times that I have had an issue, I actually was not running TacPack, interestingly enough. So it definitely wasn't TacPack.
    thanks for info

Members who have read this thread: 0