MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 5
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Hi Maryadi,

Glad to see you found your way to SimOuthouse .....

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    Deleting that camera view .015 worked and stopped the black screen.....
    Now if I can just figure out how to rotate the engines........
    Rick
    Use keys or buttons assigned to AileronTrim Left and Right commands.
    See last chapter of the Flight Manual .....
    Rob

Very nice model.
    Thank you for the introduction to Vortex Ring State A concept I was pretty unfamiliar with until now.
    One recovery, lots of crashes

I just watched a 3D animation of an MV-22 crash due to VRS. You'd think with all the helicopter experts in the military that this would have been known and taught completely to the pilots of this rotor-wing a/c.

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    I found this in the FS Developer forum:

Look at Post # 36 on the black screen issue
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr....439626/page-2
    Thanks! That indeed did the trick. Also no CTD any more.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Rob
    Thanks Rob!
    And thank you and all that helped put this wonderful aircraft together!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Rob
    Assigned left and right Aileron trim in FSUIPC
    Works great!
    Thank you
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I didn't have time to test without TacPack (but other users are using it with TacPack so it shouldn't be the problem...).
    However, I can confirm the FPS hit also appears in cold&dark, with everything turned OFF (including MFDs of course).
    In external view I get the usual 45 FPS at Bowerman, no problems, no FPS hit at all.
    But as soon as I reach the VC, the FPS crawls down to 20 average (fluctuates between 17 and 22 more or less...).
    I have no idea what is causing this impact. I'm suspecting something with the 3D model, because the FPS go back UP depending on the direction I look at in the VC.

I downloaded it and am learning it. I for one expect more from the members here as to their decorum. Developers put in a ton of hard work making aircraft, scenery, etc. When you disparage their work or them, you discourage them from doing further development. I know, I quit publishing my work for just those reasons. I think that Kalong, Rob, and all the other people that helped did a great job. It flies great, so what if some things are not working or not fixed yet. The people complaining the loudest probably still fly a bunch of FS9 portovers with 2D cockpits. You didn't pay anything for it so if you don't like it , don't fly it. There is no reason to make snide comments on a forum.

Maryadi, welcome to SOH and more so, Thank You for this excellent model, you did a great job creating it. The more I fly it, the more I love it!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I downloaded it and am learning it. I for one expect more from the members here as to their decorum. Developers put in a ton of hard work making aircraft, scenery, etc. When you disparage their work or them, you discourage them from doing further development. I know, I quit publishing my work for just those reasons. I think that Kalong, Rob, and all the other people that helped did a great job. It flies great, so what if some things are not working or not fixed yet. The people complaining the loudest probably still fly a bunch of FS9 portovers with 2D cockpits. You didn't pay anything for it so if you don't like it , don't fly it. There is no reason to make snide comments on a forum.

Well said Ed, Best Osprey to date IMHO... Keep up the good work and looking forward to the next installment
    Here i am keeping pace with the Deltasim USS Kersarge@ 15kts
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

A very B I G thank you to the developers of this rare bird !!!! This is one of my test-flights at Edwards AFB :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-3-13_22-3-26-385.jpg   2017-3-13_21-54-25-638.jpg   2017-3-13_21-58-29-258.jpg   2017-3-13_21-58-43-854.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    I just watched a 3D animation of an MV-22 crash due to VRS. You'd think with all the helicopter experts in the military that this would have been known and taught completely to the pilots of this rotor-wing a/c.
    It is taught, but it generally is going to happen in the most demanding phase of flight on a moonless night under night vision googles too close to lead into a tight LZ. The VRS modeling in DCS will make one really pay attention when landing.

Great test flight, amazing model with no issues on FSX-A, Tacpack running. BZ job kalong +helpers.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Had some problems with VTOL too, but I found that the problem was an FSUIPC module that went AWOL. A quick reinstall solved my problems.

What a great model! just the wing/rotor fold animation is beautiful to watch. Never thought such a thing would be possible in FsX!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    Hi all,

Finally I have permission to make a comment.

first. Thanks for donation.

second.
    is there any "user" (sorry if it not right word) has experience crash / CTD? I need some data, like crash report, OS, and FSX/P3D version. I need to localize to make easier to find (actually hard), but I will try.

another issue I can gather is:
    - blooming ( solved, see my main forum)
    - stick, throttle texture problem, if can use self solving. describe on my main forum
    - weird at initial / after load aircraft i.e. engine prop stop, this written on flight manual
    - prop rotation stuttering.

recommendation.
    - please read flight manual, I know (honestly) my self is too lazy to read (any add on) aircraft manual. just because this aircraft is too complex then need a manual for it. thrust me it faster than you make try and error.
    - make a save flight for this MV-22B and open for next flight. with this, all initial will work as it should be, no matter it running engine, flying/cruising, folding etc all will work as it should be (some specific will saved). but this not perfect either, sometimes there still has an issue
    - please saved always when in VC view. dll gauge won't initiated properly when VC view never open. ( manual already explain)
    - if you didn't understand explain in flight manual, you can ask me or Rob. I not use English in daily basic. English is my third language. hope you understand my write, sentences, spelling and pronounce still awful.

just a comment
    some will have difficulty flying the osprey. I know, this aircraft not user friendly aircraft. but it has a purpose. close to the real as I can. if you want aircraft that just push button and fly, that will not happen. please throw away my aircraft.
    if referring to real flight manual (I have obsolete one) it will more complicated than it show in cockpit and manual. too many restriction, load engine, temperature, altitude, wind speed, etc. etc. all done with osprey in Sim is simplified from real aircraft (I never see the aircraft directly). with this simplified, FSX/P3D still can't handle all system that we are simulated for. me and Rob must make another way to break FSX/P3D limitation. actually this aircraft already break FSX/P3D limitation, hope you realize that. if not, it's OK for me

I have 8000 lines script for PFD, MFD, CDU and aircraft system exclude VTOL gauge and map gauge. I trying to make it frame rate friendly (with help from Naruto-Kun), IMO it work in C++, but map (from FSX GPS map) that not quite frame rate friendly. if you realize map display will same displayed if 4 screen open together. but for display other than map (it was C++ dll gauge) there can be customize and no frame rate hit. I ever try use each screen has different map, my frame rate from 20 fps drop to 5 fps.
    one thing to know is dll gauge use every frame to display, read and command. setting SIM on frame rate target at UNLIMITED setting is not wise. use frame target to 30-40 is more than enough.

I still need your advice, a positive advice to make it better.

Best Regards, Maryadi
    Hi and welcome, Maryadi. My crash problem has been solved when loading FSX as administrator. Now FSX loads the plane normally. Thanks a lot for your great work
    (The second image was uploaded accidentally and I cannot delete it)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails osprey.jpg   matador1.jpg  

Amazed at the quality of this a first model...Oh in Dx10 too!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Having been tinkering around with FS since the late '90s and having uploaded a few things as well, I have the utmost respect for developers. I listed issues I was having in my own way and got my throat jumped down. So be it. I'm an adult and it's not the first time. Probably won't be the last either.

And as for language issues that were mentioned, Ik spreek drie taalen.

I'm done. Yall have fun. I will.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

It went beyond that, but I'm sure everyone is fine moving on from it now. Thankfully the majority of people seem to have the right idea on what the general thinking should be with free products being developed.

I d/l this tonight expecting a good model that would be tough to fly and very intense. In ten minutes I had it started, lifted off of Miramar, flew the length of the rwy. Afterwards I flew up to Long Beach and did an approach. In a word, Maryadi, Sir: Wow! This is such a joy. The FDE is smooth, no surprises and the animations are great. i didn't have the bloom that others spoke of, but I'm using W7 on a ten year old laptop running FSX-A boxed edition. Averages 25 fps on an updated Miramar package. Don't ever let anyone dissuade you to speak, sir; as your English is much better than my Spanish, and I use it in California all of the time. You've appealed to the universal goal of men of all nations: The wonder of flight. Thank you for a wonderful gift and I'm looking forward to reading your excellent manual. ( I have to find the rotor brake.)

Havent made my comment yet, but so far im impressed this is a first try for a developer and its free!
    Yes Im having an issue, but I am trying to establish the issue which does seem Tacpack related but could be something else.

Regarding the issue Rob, im going to perform further tests with disabling other Add-ins (I have Red Panda for the SSW Tornado, and other add-ins) that are running to see if its a multitude of add-ins causing the disconnections.
    Having Tacpack disabled does allow the control to be working, but not ideal as would sometimes like to use Night Vis etc.

A Simple test I can confirm if control is established is by having the engines running, at 97 degrees and on the ground. With enough throttle the aircraft should travel backwards if the control is established, if it shoots forward fast then control is not established.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Havent made my comment yet, but so far im impressed this is a first try for a developer and its free!
    Yes Im having an issue, but I am trying to establish the issue which does seem Tacpack related but could be something else.

Regarding the issue Rob, im going to perform further tests with disabling other Add-ins (I have Red Panda for the SSW Tornado, and other add-ins) that are running to see if its a multitude of add-ins causing the disconnections.
    Having Tacpack disabled does allow the control to be working, but not ideal as would sometimes like to use Night Vis etc.

A Simple test I can confirm if control is established is by having the engines running, at 97 degrees and on the ground. With enough throttle the aircraft should travel backwards if the control is established, if it shoots forward fast then control is not established.
    Ok , let us know the result ...
    And Yes, thats the best test to see if the longitudinal speed forcing is working Ok. Make sure that the brakes are OFF though.

Rob

Out of about 15 flights I've made so far, I've had that issue twice (forward speed instead of hover) wherein I had to scrub the flight.

...Which means; this rendition of the Osprey is exactly like the real thing! We are getting the entire realistic experience Marine Osprey crews get to experience, lol.

I'm not 100% sure why, but in my case, I seemed to have to restart my computer completely and the aircraft would work perfectly again. My guess is it has to do with simconnect somehow.

Icon14

Really enjoying this ac. This is payware worthy.

Thanks to the development team.

Creeps

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    Postbaer we have the same exact FSX version and OS, did your VC hull have the overbloom issue and if so how did you fix it?
    I have fixed the VC overbloom taking away the spec textures of the VC. The visual effect disspeared and the VC remains excellent

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    I have fixed the VC overbloom taking away the spec textures of the VC. The visual effect disspeared and the VC remains excellent
    you can download VC bloom fix on my main forum. just copy and replace inside model folder.

Members who have read this thread: 0