MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

A very nice model !
    I'm really glad somebody FINALLY decided to produce a decent Osprey for FS.
    Yesterday, I could make a first test flight in my P3Dv3.3.5. The airplane itself behaved nicely, although I probably need to read the manual for a few things.

However, I came across two problems which are a bit frustrating to me:
    - On vertical takeoff, the aircraft seems to be glued to ground, then jumps away quickly, no matter how progressive I am with the throttle.
    - On approach, I was totally unable to reduce the airspeed. It looked like the transition wasn't working anymore. No matter the position of the nacelles, some forward thrust kept existing, preventing me to get below 80 knots. Even with nacelles set manually to 97 degrees, the airplane would still accelerate forward when applying power. Quite frustrating :/

Anybody knows what I did wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    A very nice model !
    I'm really glad somebody FINALLY decided to produce a decent Osprey for FS.
    Yesterday, I could make a first test flight in my P3Dv3.3.5. The airplane itself behaved nicely, although I probably need to read the manual for a few things.

However, I came across two problems which are a bit frustrating to me:
    - On vertical takeoff, the aircraft seems to be glued to ground, then jumps away quickly, no matter how progressive I am with the throttle.
    - On approach, I was totally unable to reduce the airspeed. It looked like the transition wasn't working anymore. No matter the position of the nacelles, some forward thrust kept existing, preventing me to get below 80 knots. Even with nacelles set manually to 97 degrees, the airplane would still accelerate forward when applying power. Quite frustrating :/

Anybody knows what I did wrong ?
    Same here just trying with an updated fsuipc. Will report back.

Nope that didn't work, where did you install the V22 in your P3d? Is it a addon location or the main P3d folder? Doesn't seem to matter if located in main P3d or an add-ons folder, can tell that the gauge is taking control with the usual jerky take over but still unable to slow down.
    Last edited by Chris Sykes; March 11th, 2017 at 03:02.

Great Video!
    Thank you!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I installed it in the P3D root folder.

Thought changing to spoiler axis solved it but it hasn't. I had one successful slowdown restarted P3d and nothing again... Tried with loading another aircraft and shutting down then the 22 no joy. Just cant put a finger on the cause. Even tried with 4% fuel loaded.

Does anyone else seem to have an odd sounding V22 too?

Chris, I still have the old alphasim V22, I used those sounds in this new bird and it sounds much better. No disrespect to the author of this awesome Bird

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Yeah, now I'm wondering if I missed something or if it was simply a glitch. Never had that issue with Dino's F-35B which uses the same logic to control the VTOL portion of the envelope.
    Are you talking about the roll if you do a fast VTOL decend ??
    If so: this is not a glitch, but a simulated feature ..LoL
    Called VortextRingState , which has caused several crashes for real V22's.

This Youtube video explains it quite good (see 1:13 onwards)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wddpsnvu0PM

Rob

Read the Manual

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Downloaded but... impossible to install. FSX crashes any time I try to load the Osprey.
    Start first in a default aircraft, and then change over to the Osprey. There is something particular about starting flights in this aircraft, need to check the manual (cannot remember offhand).

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Chris, I still have the old alphasim V22, I used those sounds in this new bird and it sounds much better. No disrespect to the author of this awesome Bird

Bill
    That's all well if you have their V22... It just doesn't sound like the sounds in the sound folder...

Regarding the hover/slowness issue, managed to get something replicable, starting with the V22 I have the Spoiler axis at the state that the nacelles are fully up, the flight loads, the nacelles move to 60 degrees and the engines start.
    Also stopping the engines and then starting the engines cause the same issue where you are unable to slow down.

Rob did you see any similar behaviour in building or Beta of this aircraft?

Mine started up with the engines running and no bloom in FSX:SE.

For some reason the aileron trim change would not take under controls but I was able to change the rotor angle with the cockpit control, which works just fine. The cockpit windows are opaque (this eventually resolved itself) from outside and the rotor animation is a little rough, but the rest is pretty high quality.

Gonna have to shoot this man some cash!
    Last edited by davido53; March 11th, 2017 at 06:54.

On approach, I was totally unable to reduce the airspeed. It looked like the transition wasn't working anymore. No matter the position of the nacelles, some forward thrust kept existing, preventing me to get below 80 knots.
    Even with nacelles set manually to 97 degrees, the airplane would still accelerate forward when applying power.
    If the naccelles are at 97 degrees (as visualised in the PFD, right ??) but the aircraft doesn't slowdown below 80 knots, it means that the forward speed control (via FSUIPC/Simconnect) is lost.

Sorry, no idea why, other then:are you using FS-Tramp ??
    When we released the BOUNTY sailing ship (which uses the same basic code for speedcontrol as this V22 addon), there was a simular problem on P3D.
    It turned out to be some incompatibility between FS-Tramp and this VTOL control stuff. Don't know why ..

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    For some reason the aileron trim change would not take under controls but I was able to change the rotor angle with the cockpit control, which works just fine.
    Can you please explain what you mean ?
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Can you please explain what you mean ?
    Rob
    I changed the keyboard assignment but when back in the sim, the keyboard would not change the nacelle angle but would change the viewing angle.

Anyway, I got the nacelles to come forward to 90 deg but I cannot figure out how to get them back to any other angle.

CORRECTION:

I had numlock ON, which had an effect not intended...once I figure that out, NOW I can change the nacelle angle with the 'aileron trim' buttons.

that's a relief

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    This is by far the best V-22 ever for Flight Sim. I did encounter a screen freeze and CTD at the end of my first flight but the second attempt went without a hitch.
    If there are minor gripes I can point out, the biggest is the way the engines are rotated from Vertical/STO to Level Flight Modes which is via the Aileron Trim function. The only issue with this is that when you are trying to transition from Vertical/STO to Level Flight, you have to hold the Aileron Trim to full right which when the transition is complete, you are in a full right trim situation and need to quickly center the trim. Now maybe I haven't dug deep enough into the manual to read how to properly mitigate that issue (maybe there is a procedure) but that stuck out to me. The other parts of the flight envelope and transition from Level to Vertical is very easy and smooth. The other minor issue is the rotor blur texture is a bit jumpy and there's slight over-reflection on the pedestal/center display unit when viewed at certain angles. Otherwise, this is a stellar piece of freeware which is worthy of being called one of the best freeware models (in a line of many) ever produced IMHO.
    No need to center the AileronTrim.
    It's forced to zero when value is negative.
    Furthermore, AileronTrim doesn't have the usual effect like in other aircraft (the FDE setting for is disabled in the aircraft.cfg) so it can be freely used for nacelles control without affecting normal (APLN) flight.

Note that there are a number of reason I used AileronControl as "proxy" for NacellesControl.
    A bit too complex to explain all of it here, but one reason is that the speed of nacelles angle (max. 6 degrees/sec) is made independant of the repetition rate of the generated commands.
    Also, AileronTrim (and therewith Nacelles angle) is continuously forced a value within the calculated Conversion speed limits when AutoNac is enabled (default).
    By using AT commands for Nacelles angle control, I'm trying to simulate how it works in the real V22 (via an up/center/down thumbswitch on the stick)

Aside from this: Yes, it's a good thing to dig deep into the FlightManual if you want to understand all features in this addon ...

Rob

I changed the keyboard assignment but when back in the sim, the keyboard would not change the nacelle angle but would change the viewing angle.

Anyway, I got the nacelles to come forward to 90 deg but I cannot figure out how to get them back to any other angle.
    Then you are doing something wrong with the assignment of AileronsTrim Left and Right., or for some reason the changes you make in the menu aren't saved.
    Have you tried other keys or buttons ??

You can check proper operation of AileronTrim, by opening the 2D Test window and observe the value of AiTrim.

Rob

Then you are doing something wrong with the assignment of AileronsTrim Left and Right., or for some reason the changes you make in the menu aren't saved.
    Have you tried other keys or buttons ??

You can check proper operation of AileronTrim, by opening the 2D Test window and observe the value of AiTrim.

Rob
    I had numlock key on, which prevented proper operation. Now able to move nacelles with aileron trim keys.

How do we send this dev some money?

edit: instruction in readmefirst file

Just sent some money, hope you guys do the same!

Problem reporting / questions

Hi All,

A suggestion: if you have comment, questions or "bugs", can you please post them in the "MV22-B Osprey (Release 1)" thread in the Showroom forum on FSDeveloper ??
    The main developer (Maryadi) monitors that thread constantly too ...

As a sidenote: we have tested this addon extensively with a few betatesters, on various P3D/FSX platforms.
    But no doubt issues will pop when other simmers start using this addon, since the permutations of FSX/P3D versions, OS-versions, used HW and FS settings is endless; and it's impossible to test this all before publishing this first release.
    Hope you understand ....

And of course, please read the FlightManual properly before reporting a problem.
    The Manual is included for a reason ...LoL
    A lot of the features and controls in this complex V22 addon aren't trivial; if only because the V22 is a pretty unique aircraft.

Best regards,
    Rob Barendregt

I had numlock key on, which prevented proper operation. Now able to move nacelles with aileron trim keys.
    Ok, glad you solved the problem ...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Freeware?? Wow, congratulations to the designer
    Yep, not bad for a starting designer (it's Maryadi's first project, and he learned everything from scratch) who hardly spoke any English two years ago.

Main reason that it's freeware, is that many other developpers on FSDeveloper helped out with modelling and coding stuff.
    Like I contributed the VSTOL part, and a few other things.

But if anyone feels like it, Maryadi DOES appreciate a strictly-voluntary donation (via PayPal, see the readme)

Rob

If the naccelles are at 97 degrees (as visualised in the PFD, right ??) but the aircraft doesn't slowdown below 80 knots, it means that the forward speed control (via FSUIPC/Simconnect) is lost.

Sorry, no idea why, other then:are you using FS-Tramp ??
    When we released the BOUNTY sailing ship (which uses the same basic code for speedcontrol as this V22 addon), there was a simular problem on P3D.
    It turned out to be some incompatibility between FS-Tramp and this VTOL control stuff. Don't know why ..

Rob
    Thanks for the investigations Rob, but I'm not using FS-Tramp.
    I believe the connection was probably lost because my computer is hammered by this aircraft. From a normal 35 FPS, my performance crawls down to 17-20 FPS maximum when I switch to this Osprey.
    My CPU is quite old, and I guess it's not up to the task for the Osprey. Bad luck :/

Thanks for the investigations Rob, but I'm not using FS-Tramp.
    I believe the connection was probably lost because my computer is hammered by this aircraft. From a normal 35 FPS, my performance crawls down to 17-20 FPS maximum when I switch to this Osprey.
    My CPU is quite old, and I guess it's not up to the task for the Osprey. Bad luck :/
    Don't give up yet ...LoL
    If other people have simular problems on a specific P3D version, maybe we can find the cause or common factors.
    Because the performance hit you get with this addon on your PC isn't normal I think, because there are a lot of optimations in code done allready (like the main dll gauge code).
    To compare: I have a relatively old PC too (CoreI5-2500, GTX560, with W7 and FSX-Accel), and if I change from a default aircraft (737) to the MV22B in a certain scenery, my avg. FPS only goes from 30 to 25.
    Rob

Thanks guys, glad you liked the video!

My frames are a smidge less than other aircraft, but only by 5 or so. I get 30 with the VRS Superbug and 25-28 with the Osprey. And my machine is slow with a lot of stuff, go figure.

I love this thing. Still having the VC overbloom issue that over in the other thread they're saying they have given out the fix for. Rob, how do I get it? I registered over there but have to await approval.

Also Rob, suddenly I'm having the VTOL issue Daube and Chris are having... This after having no issues yesterday. Flew it all over the place with no problem. Today I've already rebooted FSX three times, done a shutdown of the aircraft and restart inside the VC using the APU and engine start levers. On the runway, with brakes set and even with the nacelles at the 97 degree position, the bird goes roaring down the runway and finally takes off around 100 knots. With the nacelles at the rearward stops. Then, once airborne, I can't get below 80 knots even if I hold full aft on the stick and basically try to stall the aircraft WHILE continually trying to rake the nacelles upward.

The fact that it's only now doing this is driving me nuts. And that I keep rebooting FSX only to have it unchanged. The heck!

And not to end this on a sour note, I will say again, I LOVE this thing!

My computer happened to freeze and had to be restarted (ongoing issue with my PC, nothing to do with the Osprey) and now upon restarting the computer, all is well. Must be the simconnect deal. Is there a way to restart simconnect without having my computer do it for me? lol

My VC glow still needs that fix though

I believe this tool from here might give you some control: ADE9X-Environment-Checker-Setup.zip

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0