MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 14
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    can you make it specific?
    two attached to the light pods and two floating in the air above the cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    two attached to the light pods and two floating in the air above the cockpit.
    can you check your [light] on aircraft.cfg, and disable all light by add " // " ( no quote) before light.xx= . . .
    all light should be embeded in model polygon. no extra light setup in aircraft.cfg. except @Heater make new light for blink at start.

if problem still persist, just check issue rise on latest update from P3D.

Adding 2D Gauges to Panel.cfg

Hi,

I am trying to add a couple of 2D gauges to the Osprey's panel.cfg. Has anyone else tried this and did you succeed?

I thought this would be useful when flying the Osprey in an outside view, e.g. 'Spot'

Here is my attempt. Don't know why it's so small. Can't find how to enlarge it:-

Anyway, if you look closely you 'll see that there is a PFD in the top left corner and a NAV gauge at top right. Only problems are that neither display can be altered as there are no buttons around the gauges; and the NAV gauge has no map. But if you click on the buttons in the corresponding 3D panel, the 2D gauge changes accordingly.

I haven't (yet) found out how to make the map appear in the NAV gauge... Anyone achieved that?

Here is an excerpt from my modified Panel.cfg file for anyone to use:-

// MV/CV-22B/C created by maryadi
    // VTOL from Rob Barendregt
    // GPS Map from fsdeveloper comunity
    // See comment for added gauges.
    // Version: Beta 2.0

[Window Titles]
    Window00=PFD/MFD 1
    Window01=PFD/MFD 2
    Window06=TEST (DEBUG)
    Window07=EVENTS (DEBUG)
    //Window08=CAMERA (FSX ONLY)

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-1.000, 0.000, 0.000

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL
    gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL
    gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,2

If you try this, be warned that the NAV gauge won't appear where it's shown in the image above. It'll be superimposed on the PFD. I haven't been able to place it where I want it in spite of trying several variations. I had to drag it (kicking & screaming!) to the top right corner...

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added 2D gauges.01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to add a couple of 2D gauges to the Osprey's panel.cfg. Has anyone else tried this and did you succeed?

I thought this would be useful when flying the Osprey in an outside view, e.g. 'Spot'

Here is my attempt. Don't know why it's so small. Can't find how to enlarge it:-

Anyway, if you look closely you 'll see that there is a PFD in the top left corner and a NAV gauge at top right. Only problems are that neither display can be altered as there are no buttons around the gauges; and the NAV gauge has no map. But if you click on the buttons in the corresponding 3D panel, the 2D gauge changes accordingly.

I haven't (yet) found out how to make the map appear in the NAV gauge... Anyone achieved that?

[Window Titles]
    Window00=PFD/MFD 1
    Window01=PFD/MFD 2
    Window06=TEST (DEBUG)
    Window07=EVENTS (DEBUG)

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

If you try this, be warned that the NAV gauge won't appear where it's shown in the image above. It'll be superimposed on the PFD. I haven't been able to place it where I want it in spite of trying several variations. I had to drag it (kicking & screaming!) to the top right corner...

Mark
    Hi again,

As you will have seen, the image I uploaded is a perfectly acceptable size. So what was I complaining about?

The answer is that this was the first time I had uploaded an image to this site and when I did, I was disappointed that it was a little thumbnail. Not realising that it would appear much larger once the posting was actually, er, posted...

Mark

ok im done with this repaint, Ive added some panel lines and smoke and grunge and wear and tear. I need to get permission from some of the contributors here that have added their lines and shadows, Ive added some wheel well textures from an old repaint but cant find the author who did that so I prob wont include those textures. I also added some wear and tear to the interior panels and recolored them to suit me, so you may not want to use those should you not like them. I should be able to upload this repaint this weekend should the wife not have me doing something else lol. Please let me know what you think of this repaint, these are not hi res pics bcause I use screenhunter for pics and its not the best but its free .

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   1.jpg   2.jpg  

and a few more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.jpg   6.jpg   5.jpg   7.jpg  

Hi,

[Window Titles]
    Window00=PFD/MFD 1
    Window01=PFD/MFD 2
    Window06=TEST (DEBUG)
    Window07=EVENTS (DEBUG)

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

Mark
    nice work,
    you can't customize "gauge size". cause that gauge would be fix at certain size (512x512) or it will have weird displayed.
    I thinking a HUD for it. but no have source pic for it. must be an authentic HUD for osprey.

nice work,
    you can't customize "gauge size". cause that gauge would be fix at certain size (512x512) or it will have weird displayed.
    I thinking a HUD for it. but no have source pic for it. must be an authentic HUD for osprey.
    Thanks for the compliment, Maryadi !

I don't want to customize the size of the gauges, just to be able to add the map to the NAV gauge and move it to where it shows in the image. If I try changing the value of 'window_pos', the gauge shows up mostly hidden in the top left corner. For example:-

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 768,0.07 // 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

I've tried other values but they just make it worse.

Perhaps you can make it work?

A HUD would be great for the Osprey. I hope you can find a source pic for it.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added 2D gauges.02.jpg  

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron

Thanks for the compliment, Maryadi !

I don't want to customize the size of the gauges, just to be able to add the map to the NAV gauge and move it to where it shows in the image. If I try changing the value of 'window_pos', the gauge shows up mostly hidden in the top left corner. For example:-

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 768,0.07 // 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

I've tried other values but they just make it worse.

Perhaps you can make it work?

A HUD would be great for the Osprey. I hope you can find a source pic for it.

Mark
    this my 2D dll gauge on other project

Code:
    [Window02]
    size_mm=480,350
    window_size=1 // change this to resize gauge
    position=2
    BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
    alpha_blend=0.95
    VISIBLE=0
    ident=HUD
    zorder=4

gauge01=UV-4 UAV!UA-4_HUD,       0,  30, 480, 320 // never change 480, 320 value or it will have strange display on gauge.
    see every comment ( // )
    to customize gauge size, use window_size= xx. value 1 exact same size with gauge.
    for customize position, use gauge position. i.e . . . 0, 30, . . .
    Last edited by kalong; May 13th, 2017 at 19:17.

Quote Originally Posted by letourn View Post
    that good source. thanks letourn.

one thing to be note with HMS is camera requirement. extra camera will give loss of FPS. as Osprey give little drop fps when in VC mode.
    I ask rob to make camera down, air refuel gauge with make camera as small as possible.
    let try every possibility first, decide later ... always move on

this my 2D dll gauge on other project

Code:
    [Window02]
    size_mm=480,350
    window_size=1 // change this to resize gauge
    position=2
    BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
    alpha_blend=0.95
    VISIBLE=0
    ident=HUD
    zorder=4

gauge01=UV-4 UAV!UA-4_HUD,       0,  30, 480, 320 // never change 480, 320 value or it will have strange display on gauge.
    see every comment ( // )
    to customize gauge size, use window_size= xx. value 1 exact same size with gauge.
    for customize position, use gauge position. i.e . . . 0, 30, . . .
    Maryadi,

Thanks again... I've messed around with Panel.cfg's on many flight sim aircraft but still forgot that the first two values after the gauge name in 'gaugexx=' determined its position on the screen.

My new arrangement is:-

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
    Type=SPECIAL
    gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 376, 25, 512, 512,2 // These are the changes

- and this puts the NAV gauge where I want it.

But I still need to add the map to this NAV gauge. Is there some way of doing that?

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added 2D gauges.03.jpg  

Maryadi,

Thanks again... I've messed around with Panel.cfg's on many flight sim aircraft but still forgot that the first two values after the gauge name in 'gaugexx=' determined its position on the screen.

My new arrangement is:-

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

[Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
    Type=SPECIAL
    gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 376, 25, 512, 512,2 // These are the changes

- and this puts the NAV gauge where I want it.

. . .

But I still need to add the map to this NAV gauge. Is there some way of doing that?

Mark
    this the map:
    gauge07=mv-22b!peta, 0,0,508,508

you can put behind nav gauge. put it after nav gaugexx = ( bit forgot with XML hierarchy code)

just to be note: using more map gauge can make fps drop.

this the map:
    gauge07=mv-22b!peta, 0,0,508,508

you can put behind nav gauge. put it after nav gaugexx = ( bit forgot with XML hierarchy code)

just to be note: using more map gauge can make fps drop.
    Maryadi,

I finally got it right... This is a section of my panel.cfg that puts the map in the NAV gauge for the 2D views. I can't make the map transparent, so the compass rose is not visible. You can change the range of the map only by going to a 3D view of the panel and clicking on the RNG button. The same goes for any other parameters in the NAV screen.

Perhaps other people will find this useful for when they are flying the Osprey with an external view.

Thanks for your help with this little project, Maryadi!

NOTE: Add these lines to your Panel.cfg file (with Notepad) after 'VIEW_FORWARD_DIR'.

// PFD for external views
    [Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

// NAV and Map for external views
    [Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    Type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 376, 25, 512, 512,2 //Original: 0, 0, 512, 512 ,2
    gauge01=mv-22b!peta, 398, 37, 92, 160 // Map

Here's the result:-

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added 2D gauges.04.jpg  

Sorry, guys, I forgot to tell anyone using my 2D addons that you have to add these two lines to your Panel.cfg:-

[Window Titles]
    Window00=PFD/MFD 1 // Copy this line below 'Windows Titles'
    Window01=PFD/MFD 2 // Copy this line below 'Windows Titles'

Hope it all works for you!

Mark

To get the NAV gauge to show the compass rose, Course line, and so on, try leaving the line BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0 in the [Window01] section above the gauge00= line.
    Might just do the trick
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Maryadi,

I finally got it right... This is a section of my panel.cfg that puts the map in the NAV gauge for the 2D views. I can't make the map transparent, so the compass rose is not visible. You can change the range of the map only by going to a 3D view of the panel and clicking on the RNG button. The same goes for any other parameters in the NAV screen.

Perhaps other people will find this useful for when they are flying the Osprey with an external view.

Thanks for your help with this little project, Maryadi!

NOTE: Add these lines to your Panel.cfg file (with Notepad) after 'VIEW_FORWARD_DIR'.

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

The problem is that the 3D gauge apperantly itself isn't scalable.
    So you need to make sure that the size of the 2D window is large enough to visualise all of the gauge; when too small, part of the gauge isn't displayed.

By the way:
    window_size= 256,256
    doesn't make sense; should be 1.0, 1.0 max (meaning the 2D window overlays the entire screen).

So if you use e.g.
    window_size= 0.5,0.5
    (which is large enough) you get the same result.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    To get the NAV gauge to show the compass rose, Course line, and so on, try leaving the line BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0 in the [Window01] section above the gauge00= line.
    Might just do the trick
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that, but the compass rose, etc., didn't show up. What did happen though, was that the NAV gauge began an unpredictable high-speed flickering - sometimes it was OK but then the flickering would start on its own. If you looked carefully, the compass could be seen behind the map. Perhaps Maryadi knows why?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    The problem is that the 3D gauge apperantly itself isn't scalable.
    So you need to make sure that the size of the 2D window is large enough to visualise all of the gauge; when too small, part of the gauge isn't displayed.

By the way:
    window_size= 256,256
    doesn't make sense; should be 1.0, 1.0 max (meaning the 2D window overlays the entire screen).

So if you use e.g.
    window_size= 0.5,0.5
    (which is large enough) you get the same result.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

I can't recall where I got the basic layout for these two gauges from. But it seems to work!

I'll now try your suggestion of 'window_size= 0.5,0.5' and see what happens:-

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 0.5,0.5 //window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

//--------------------------------------------------------

// NAV and Map for external views
    [Window01]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 0.5,0.5 //window_size= 256,256
    Type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 376, 25, 512, 512,2
    gauge01=mv-22b!peta, 398, 37, 92, 160 // Map

OK. Tried that but the result is disappointing - to say the least (see attached image).

By the way, (this is an addendum to my last post to Pat) the darned flickering has started up again... Can stop it temporarily by minimising P3D and then returning it to full-screen, but that's not very convenient!

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added 2D gauges.05.jpg  

Huh!
    I've never seen that before! I apologize. Not hard to repair, but I could have sworn that would fix it. Let do a little research...
    Sorry again!
    Pat☺

Late edit: I read the ESP SDK page, which is very similar in most things to FSX and P3D and I found this: [QUOTE]Use for a background created with no background bitmap. Use 0,0,0 for a transparent background.[/QUOTE] That's what I was basing by post on. I'm not sure where that flickering is coming from...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that, but the compass rose, etc., didn't show up. What did happen though, was that the NAV gauge began an unpredictable high-speed flickering - sometimes it was OK but then the flickering would start on its own. If you looked carefully, the compass could be seen behind the map. Perhaps Maryadi knows why?

Mark
    yes, I know what cause the flickering.
    1. it because using gauge more than system can processes. I have 4+1 display screen, then you add 2 more display screen total 7 display screen, WOW. it lucky only got flickering than fps drop, even both issue are no good. when I try xml gauge using identical (map) displayed on each MFD, it began fps drop to 5 fps, you can try it. copy each map gauge and re-position it so not covering each other, let see how it goes.

just advice: if you want to use 1 or 2 MFD, please use specific gauge then disable related gauge.
    i.e:
    if using this gauge :
    [Window00]
    . . .

just disable same gauge on
    [Vcockpit01]
    . . .
    //gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

so gauge on VC will not show up, but all the MFD-1 button still working.

2. penetrated gauge can cause flickering (both or one of them).

Maryadi

yes, I know what cause the flickering.
    1. it because using gauge more than system can processes. I have 4+1 display screen, then you add 2 more display screen total 7 display screen, WOW. it lucky only got flickering than fps drop, even both issue are no good. when I try xml gauge using identical (map) displayed on each MFD, it began fps drop to 5 fps, you can try it. copy each map gauge and re-position it so not covering each other, let see how it goes.

just advice: if you want to use 1 or 2 MFD, please use specific gauge then disable related gauge.
    i.e:
    if using this gauge :
    [Window00]
    . . .

just disable same gauge on
    [Vcockpit01]
    . . .
    //gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

so gauge on VC will not show up, but all the MFD-1 button still working.

2. penetrated gauge can cause flickering (both or one of them).

Maryadi

Thanks, Maryadi,

I tried all you suggested and finally decided to have just the PFD gauge and the map, without the MFD. This seems to be a stable arrangement, with no flickering and no other problems.

All the other variations I tried had one or more problems, including one where most of the screen was totally black except for part of the map! I find that the lack of a compass rose, etc., in the MFD gauge is not a problem, as there is one in the PFD. As before, the Range of the map can be changed by using the RNG buttons on the MFD in the VC.

So here is my final version of that part of Panel.cfg:-

[Window Titles]
    Window00=PFD/MFD 1
    Window01=MAP
    Window06=TEST (DEBUG)
    Window07=EVENTS (DEBUG)

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256 //window_size= 0.5,0.5 //Rob's suggestion
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    //Type=SPECIAL

// MAP for external views
    [Window01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    Type=SPECIAL

gauge01=mv-22b!peta, 420, 158, 92, 160 // Map

Controlling the tilt of the nacelles in Spot view is now so easy when you've got the PFD on screen. It makes V/STOLs a piece of cake...

Anyone who wants to do some more work on 2D gauges is welcome - I've come to the limit of my competence with this one!

Thanks everyone for your help with this,

Mark

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Added 2D gauges.06.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    ok im done with this repaint, Ive added some panel lines and smoke and grunge and wear and tear. I need to get permission from some of the contributors here that have added their lines and shadows, Ive added some wheel well textures from an old repaint but cant find the author who did that so I prob wont include those textures. I also added some wear and tear to the interior panels and recolored them to suit me, so you may not want to use those should you not like them. I should be able to upload this repaint this weekend should the wife not have me doing something else lol. Please let me know what you think of this repaint, these are not hi res pics bcause I use screenhunter for pics and its not the best but its free .

Bill
    Hi Bill,

Love your repaint, when are you going to make it available?

I found a video on YouTube of Three MV-22 Osprey Presidential Helicopters Departing Burbank:-

Here's the link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcjYGDO-Qs

And here's a pic:-

I was wondering if you would consider doing a repaint of this, as I think it's a very good-looking scheme.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Presidential MV-22.01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi,

I just uploaded the addon to the FSX-Other section of the SOH library; file rcb_MV22B1_Addon3.zip

@Postbear61: I suggest to use this (complete) version now.
    Difference with the files you have:
    - New version of the VSTOL gauge (solves a potential "eventflooding" problem)
    - In the refuel camera window (ball.xml): when the Camera is On, AND time-of-day is "day", you can toggle between RED and BLACK for data colors by clicking the red center dot in the view.
    One of your pictures above, shows why (in daytime) sometimes Red has a better visibility then Black

Rob

Hi Rob,

quick question regarding your top-down sling load camera! Would it be possible to include a ground speed readout? (Might be handsome when doing VERTREP on ships)

Best regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Rob,

quick question regarding your top-down sling load camera! Would it be possible to include a ground speed readout? (Might be handsome when doing VERTREP on ships)

Best regards,

Seawing
    Yes, no problem to add that.
    But that will be groundspeed (actually: longitudinal speed) relative to the earth surface, NOT relative to the deck of the ship.
    So you should be aware of the groundspeed of the ship (if any).

FSX-Accel (and P3D) does have a variable that relates groundspeed relative to the underlying moving ship's deck.
    However, this variable gives the groundspeed (relative to the deck) in ANY direction (longitudinal and lateral); so if it's 0, you know you are hovering over the deck with 0 relative speed, but if not 0, it doesn't tell you the direction that the aircraft is moving to.

But I do either one or the other "groundspeed" display. Let me know which one you prefer.

And while I'm writing this:
    I'm also working on a next version of the "ball" gauge , which adds:
    - Find/track/fly-to an moving AI aircraft carrier.
    - Visual display of the selected AI, visualising the position/heading/distance of the AI aircraft / aircraft-carrier relative to the position/heading of the user aircraft in the horizontal plane (like in a radar display gauge).
    - A tow/pushback function, that simulates the V22 (with enigines OFF) being towed / pushed by a truck (just functionally, no visual truck yet). You control the truck with your throttle and rudder (+15 to -7 knots groundspeed).

Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0