MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 10
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

nav lights on the nacelle are part of the mdl, not lights in aircraft.cfg.

blinking nav lights will need to be done as a part of the mdl change by the original developer.

or do,I need to erase the whole lights section,and just add your lights?Thanks

No, just add to the existing lines in the [LIGHTS] section, and then of course replace the X's with the number in sequence.

blinking nav lights will need to be done as a part of the mdl change by the original developer.
    Yes the existing lights are attached to the model, but its definitely not needed for the mod to work. I put the moded lights in the center of the nacelles of the aircraft so the lights look like it stays in place. Yes, its not great and will bother some, but for me its better than nothing haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    nav lights on the nacelle are part of the mdl, not lights in aircraft.cfg.

true
    nav light was embeded with model, cause the need of nacelles movement.

Thanks for the answers.

working on a repaint with a bit more grim, saw this in a pic from the web. Too much ? Not enough ? any comments would be welcomed

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

and a few more, added a little more detail in some spots that ive found on the net, kudos to letourn for his attention to detail in his last repaints and Kalong and all involved in this project. You guys single handedly breathed new life in FSX for me anyway.

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5.jpg   4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    working on a repaint with a bit more grim, saw this in a pic from the web. Too much ? Not enough ? any comments would be welcomed

Bill
    The Grim is perfect!
    Reminds me of our aircraft in the NAVY-RA5C Vigilante, really full of grim...And the wash rack and that lovely strong soap....
    Looking forward to your repaint!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Looking Great Bill, Glad you are having fun. I see you still have the double beacon lights. Think I forgot to post the fix in here.

FIXED for the multiple beacons lights

Edit you aircraft.cfg with a text editor find these lines;

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon 2=strobe 3=navigation 4=cockpit 5=landing 6=taxi 7=recognition 8=wing 9=logo 10=cabin
    light.0 =1, -30.80000, -9.100000, 11.300000, fx_beacon,
    light.1 =1, 4.0000, 3.000000, -5.100000, fx_beacon,

replace them with the following (// disable the lines)

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon 2=strobe 3=navigation 4=cockpit 5=landing 6=taxi 7=recognition 8=wing 9=logo 10=cabin
    //light.0 =1, -30.80000, -9.100000, 11.300000, fx_beacon,
    //light.1 =1, 4.0000, 3.000000, -5.100000, fx_beacon,

Great job Bill and I would even add more soot/grime to the mix. The one I saw up close was pretty messy on the nacelles, of course they had just flown x-c from the "left" coast. Also, look at other USMC birds, pretty dirty.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

and a few more, added a little more detail in some spots that ive found on the net, kudos to letourn for his attention to detail in his last repaints and Kalong and all involved in this project. You guys single handedly breathed new life in FSX for me anyway.

Bill
    looks good.

i've been adding some layers to bake in ambient occlusion, i can make them available on google drive if you want to add the layer to your paint job.

for example, areas in yellow are where ambient occlusion was added:

and details to the ramp as well,

Our birds tend to be dirty, I admit. But, in our defense, we usually don't haven enough birds to meet the flight schedule, on a good day. What with inspections, hangar queens, lack of spare parts, lack of fuel budget, you name it, we have a bit of trouble getting time to make runs to the wash-rack. Add in the number of people trying to use it at once...
    Remember, the Marines, as a rule, are at the tail end of any supply line. AF first, Marines last. Way it's always been.
    When I was in Yuma, the IMA Avionics building was right next to the wash-rack. Heck, you could pull forward out of the "good" parking spaces and onto it, if you had the intestinal fortitude, and the MPs weren't paying attention. Like at 0200, or so. Just for example. Not that *I* would ever do something like that... [whistles a little tune, looking about innocently...]
    ANYway, on any given day, they went through lakes worth of water, and gallons of the "wonderful" soap, out there. Kinda nice, since it raised the humidity quite a bit, with no wind. LOT of birds went through there, and there was always a line, except late at night. THAT was Maintenance's time. Other wise, the techs would, literally, burn their hands on the planes, or collapse from heat exhaustion/stroke. Welcome to Yuma...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Kdfw, yes please upload those or pm me please, would love to have that file.

Letourn, thanks for the heads up on the lights and your repaints

Phantom tweak, when I was in the corps in the late eighties all we had were 53's and 46's, and they were dirty most of the time lol. When I was at quantico the helos at hmx1 were pretty clean by Marine Corps standards , the Presidents helos were spotless though . Semper Fi to all those working on this project

Bill

When I was at quantico the helos at hmx1 were pretty clean by Marine Corps standards , the Presidents helos were spotless though . Semper Fi to all those working on this project
    I have a real good friend who worked at HMX-1. Name of Mark Ross. Real fitness freak. Ran (runs?) Iron Man triathalons, used to ride a his super-duper racing bike to work (55 miles, each way!), stuff like that. Crypto gear maintenance kinda guy, iirc. You may have known him...?
    Semper Fi, brother
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Auto-Hover

Just a as teaser :

The next package update will implement a HoverHold feature; activation via the (now disfunctional) AutoPilot "HVR CPLD" button.

Meaning:
    If you are near a stable hover in the air, activation of "HVR CPLD" means the aircraft will hold its current altitude and position relative to the ground, with pitch/bank attitude 0.
    Which makes hoisting scenery objects (pickup / delivery) a real breeze .....

Cheers, Rob

Kdfw, yes please upload those or pm me please, would love to have that file.

Bill
    Hi Bill,

i'll send you the link to my google drive tomorrow for the shadow/a.o. layer .psd files.

some other fun in the vc, adding some wear to the panels.

Keep polishing that gem.

I hope the next iteration includes all the new fixes/improvements.

I make re-working on internal model ( VC, cargo), re-mapping and texturing, add more detail in it. hope that not bothering you.

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    The Grim is perfect!
    Reminds me of our aircraft in the NAVY-RA5C Vigilante, really full of grim...And the wash rack and that lovely strong soap....
    Looking forward to your repaint!

Rick
    Why is everyone so grim?

I like grime, generally. Although, being the second newest aircraft in the Marine Corps inventory, I've actually seen some pretty clean and pristine looking Ospreys. Even the ones that are broken and waiting for AAA

Love all the amazing work and contributions going on with this machine. This is one of my most favorite addons. Thanks Maryadi for building and releasing her.

Thanks KDFW, this model is great, love the interior wear, new options coming. What a blast

Bill

I just wanted to say that the latest visual adjustments to the textures, with ambiant occlusion and dirt (grim), are really great !

updated with some vc texture wear and a.o. to external skins.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=22530

V1.1
    1) bake in ambient occlusion to external textures
    2) add some VC surface wear around panel and pedestal
    Last edited by kdfw; March 31st, 2017 at 23:29.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    updated with some vc texture wear and a.o. to external skins.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=22530

V1.1
    1) bake in ambient occlusion to external textures
    2) add some VC surface wear around panel and pedestal
    Thanks.

This may be a stupid question, but here goes. How do you apply the a.o. to all of the external skins? Or is it only for the updated texture in the download?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

a.o. is applied to the one in the download.

i made a.o. layer available to flypastu and letourn for their upcoming textures sets so you may see them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks.

This may be a stupid question, but here goes. How do you apply the a.o. to all of the external skins? Or is it only for the updated texture in the download?

Im a bit late to this party, but this bird is fantastic!!! Thanks to the developer for this great present!

Members who have read this thread: 0