Hybrid View

MV22B Rel1.0 released

Just an HU

a new MV-22B Osprey is released at FSDeveloper

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...se-1-0.439626/

for FSX-A, FSX-SE, and P3D v3.3

Cheers
    Bluebear

Downloaded but... impossible to install. FSX crashes any time I try to load the Osprey.

Installed perfectly for me in my FSX-A and thus far everything appears to work fine. Very cool aircraft and an impressive effort from the creator.

Lighter on frames than I anticipated with all the electronic glass and VC functions. Check Supercheap Auto Catalogue and Spotlight Catalogue. Definitely recommended.

For those that may have missed it in the manual, the aileron trim commands control nacelle movement.

Just installed in FSX ACC Win7 64 without Problems
    works fine

Thanks for the great looking screen shots Postbaer61. What scenery is that?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Thanks for the great looking screen shots Postbaer61. What scenery is that?
    The scenery is
    Freeware KNPA Pensacola Naval Air Station/Forrest Sherman FieldPensacola, Florida, USA

MV-22B Paint/Livery

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    Just installed in FSX ACC Win7 64 without Problems
    works fine

Hi Postbaer61, I've been admiring your screenshots of the new MV-22B by Maryadi.
    I particularly like the VC shot with the black background. All the versions of the MV-22Bthat I have found so far have a gray background to the interior views. So my question is: Does the USAF 0030 come with that black interior and, if so, where can I get it from?
    In the Aircraft.cfg, the section [fltsim.0] is titled "CV-22B Osprey USAF" and the 'texture' line is just "texture= ". Other lines show: atc_id=0033; atc_airline=Air Force; atc_flight_number=0033 and ui_variation="grey".
    P3D does not show an aircraft for [fltsim.0]. Is this meant to be just a basis for third-party liveries?

[QUOTE=freded;1081453]Hi Postbaer61, I've been admiring your screenshots of the new MV-22B by Maryadi.
    I particularly like the VC shot with the black background. All the versions of the MV-22Bthat I have found so far have a gray background to the interior views. So my question is: Does the USAF 0030 come with that black interior and, if so, where can I get it from?
    QUOTE]

Hi Mark,

The black interior comes from my reshade settings ( Shader tool ), which darkened the shadows.
    I have the same gray textures like you.

and ui variation="Grey", refers to the color of this repaint variant.

Read the Manual

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    Downloaded but... impossible to install. FSX crashes any time I try to load the Osprey.
    Start first in a default aircraft, and then change over to the Osprey. There is something particular about starting flights in this aircraft, need to check the manual (cannot remember offhand).

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Start first in a default aircraft, and then change over to the Osprey. There is something particular about starting flights in this aircraft, need to check the manual (cannot remember offhand).
    I tried this, but crashes again. I will read the manual to find out if there is any particular trick to help install the plane. Thanks

Must be a great download, but for me as "oldtimer" impossible to download. As I love my privacy, no other download options than the old fashioned ones. It's a pity that this guy doesn't use a good flightsim-site.

Have fun with it,

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Must be a great download, but for me as "oldtimer" impossible to download. As I love my privacy, no other download options than the old fashioned ones. It's a pity that this guy doesn't use a good flightsim-site.

Have fun with it,

hertzie.
    Google Drive isn't any more invasive than getting it from a flight sim website...

Eventually it'll probably be released to the sites. But while it's essentially a limited release open beta like it is, they prefer to keep it low key until all the issues are ironed out.

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post

Have fun with it,

hertzie.
    Like Aitattackimages said there is no more danger for your privacy to download from google drive or dropbox than any flight sim sites. The files are virus free and entirely legal.

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    I tried this, but crashes again. I will read the manual to find out if there is any particular trick to help install the plane. Thanks
    Does it crash when loading the V-22 or after its loaded or you are in the cockpit?. If its when loading try to disable add-on you may have to see if there is any conflict. If its after you are in the cockpit wait like a minute or two before touching any controls.

Up and running in a few minutes. Wow, what a great kit this one is.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by letourn View Post
    Does it crash when loading the V-22 or after its loaded or you are in the cockpit?. If its when loading try to disable add-on you may have to see if there is any conflict. If its after you are in the cockpit wait like a minute or two before touching any controls.
    FSX crashes when I try to load the plane. I will have a look at possible conflicts with other addons. Thanks for your interest!

I had this happen the first few times I tried running Milviz's F-4 way back in the beta days. Launching FSX as administrator finally got it up and running. (Milviz's support is SO helpful! I never would have thought of trying that!) Maybe it will work for the Osprey as well. I'm currently downloading it. Will post my results.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I had this happen the first few times I tried running Milviz's F-4 way back in the beta days. Launching FSX as administrator finally got it up and running. (Milviz's support is SO helpful! I never would have thought of trying that!) Maybe it will work for the Osprey as well. I'm currently downloading it. Will post my results.
    Works okay on my machine running FSX Gold. For those who don't want to read the manual, the rotors tilt via your aileron trim inputs and the flaps are linked to them. (Mine are currently set to the keyboard, so tricky to adjust nacelles, power and steer all at the same time!)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Works okay on my machine running FSX Gold. For those who don't want to read the manual, the rotors tilt via your aileron trim inputs and the flaps are linked to them. (Mine are currently set to the keyboard, so tricky to adjust nacelles, power and steer all at the same time!)
    you can change aileron trim to full flap up (F5) and full flap down (F8), as Full flap aren't useful enough. flap control already have increment/decrement flap (F6/F7). you can use your mouse as joystick control if you didn't have a joystick, easier than using keyboard command.

that it should be pronounced '"Hot-A$$", not "Ho-Taws"' )
    That's what the pilots at '401 told me. They got a huge giggle about the press making their interviewees change it, but the higher-higher wants good press relations, soooo...
    Amongst themselves, well, you know how they pronounce it!

does the throttle section enable PropPitch and Mixture control as well as, obviously, Throttle?
    Do you mean simultaneously? I wouldn't think so. You'd have to assign the different functions, Prop Pitch and Mixture, to the throttle axis, but if you assign all 3 at the same time, well, I think you see the problems that would arise. Being the cheap SOB that I am, I just use the keyboard for the pitch and mixture. The default assignments.
    I learned gaming with only a KB and the DOOM game (which I dearly love!), so using KB commands is something I'm used to, and it's actually more comfortable for me.

I wondered what that "little circle with the three lines coming out of it" was. Handy for manoevering.
    Glad I could help. I've found that if I'm not very careful, I learn new stuff every day!

Can you move the MV-22 while HH is engaged without losing HH? Occasionally I notice the 'HH' in the Down Camera view flickers - does this mean it is losing its grip on the A/C?
    Yes, that's what the flicker means. Yes, you can move the AC in hover hold BUT: if you tilt the nacelles more than 1 or 2 degrees, it will kick off. If you adjust the throttle, it will kick off. If you are in a stationary HH, you can move in any direction, up to 6 kts. Fore-aft, left-right, etc.
    If you are in a moving HH, like 30kts, lets say, again, you can change the speed up to 6 kts, so 24-36 kts total. Great for zeroing in on the landing point you want for a load. You can also make it drift side to side by 6 kts if in a moving HH. The latest version permits you to be moving up to 40kts, with less than 200 f/min vertical speed, and less than 10° pitch or roll, and still engage HH. Great for chasing down a ship more rapidly, but without HH on you need to slow to about 25 kts , then re-engaging it to match up with the ship, and finding the landing point you desire, and lowering it down.
    The HH limitations to engage and remain engaged may be found in the Readme_v4.0 that came out with the gauges. I suggest a perusal may be in order, perhaps, no? Good info in there and lots of it. It's long but worth the time.

Other than that, sounds like you will be in 7th heaven when you get the new joystick. You have wonderful daughters. My 3 never did anything like that....<sniff>

Have fun!
    Pat
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    you can change aileron trim to full flap up (F5) and full flap down (F8), as Full flap aren't useful enough. flap control already have increment/decrement flap (F6/F7). you can use your mouse as joystick control if you didn't have a joystick, easier than using keyboard command.
    Yeah, I have my flap increment buttons linked to my joystick along with brakes, elevator trim and air brakes. Looks like I'll be up grading to a new setup with separate throttles with button commands on them. (That's where the speed brake button/switch is on most military types anyway.) I also want to get a set of pedals. For now I'll manage. It's only awkward with my setup going through the transition, after that smooth sailing. This Osprey really flies nicely either in the hover or horizontal flight (and I LOVE the prop animations!) I did get the uncommanded roll some people have experienced once on my early flights, but have done three further successful T&Gs with full transitions with no further issues. (I have hand flown the last ones all with the autopilot off, maybe that's where the glitch is.)

A bit like the real thing then........

Fantastic Model and updates. Love this bird!

Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    A bit like the real thing then........
    A bit insensitive given one crashed last month with 3 fatalities, just saying. We all realize it's going through it's maturing process but some considerations for those that either serve with, have served or have some relationship with those serving, outside of FSX please.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...ing-crash.html
    Last edited by strykerpsg; August 30th, 2017 at 22:53. Reason: Added News article.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    A bit insensitive given one crashed last month with 3 fatalities, just saying. We all realize it's going through it's maturing process but some considerations for those that either serve with, have served or have some relationship with those serving, outside of FSX please.
    I could not agree more - I was disgusted when I first saw the original "joke" . . .

Rohan

Members who have read this thread: 0