MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 6
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Thank you guys, I got the VC fix a couple days ago from the development thread 😊

Icon17 Pan Rate

Any one else experiencing a slow pan rate while in the right seat? The left seat seems to pan at a faster rate.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

In my experience the VC pan rate is always fast in the left or default VC view and all other views are slower. Mike

OK still none the wiser here, last night I had every DLL and EXE disabled in my Prepar3d xml files except for Tacpack and FSUIPC to see if anything else was interfering(which I suspect there is).
    I started with a successful connection after loading the sim with CV-22 (no engine auto start). Flew around for a while, had a successful slowing down, landing and take off. Flew around a bit more then trying to slow the connection was lost.
    Closed off the sim, reopened, loaded the CV-22 and this time auto engine start and successful connection.

I see there is a logging gauge in operation, is there anything I can look at in this to see or find the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    I see there is a logging gauge in operation, is there anything I can look at in this to see or find the issue?
    Hi Chris,

Can you send me a PM with your Email adress ?
    (or send me a normal mail, my Email address is in Vstol Xml gauge, just open an xml file with Notepad)
    I can give you a short explanation then on
    - how to use the event logger ... this might explain something, like if there are spurious (constant stream) of events.
    - how to enable the fsuipc log, this might also give a clue on whats happening if the speed control fails.....
    and I have a look at the resulting log files.

What you can also try: in the menu, set the max. framerate to 20 and try again to induce the error.
    Although I dont expect a difference, you never know .....

And...
    Completely disable the damage function in the realism settings, including "aircraft stress causes damage".
    note that (if Im correct) you can only uncheck "aircraft stress ..." in P3D when the damage feature is checked (so active).

Rob

Rob, PM sent, thanks for the further tests, Ill get round to them when I can and confirm back the results.

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    you can download VC bloom fix on my main forum. just copy and replace inside model folder.
    Done and perfect. The bird is incredibly docile. Great job!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails osprey.jpg  

I know it's only V1.0, but adding the 2D GPS pop up and the freeware inflight refueling gauge to almost be able to fly all Osprey missions. Hope you can get your hands on an updated flight manual, not sure the fuel burn at altitude is accurate, otherwise the FDE seems about right as I mix my helo and King Air time together. Each time I fly it I'm impressed with the model!

Hope "kdfw" sees this, need some USMC tan flight gear and helmets in future repaints, please sir.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Rob, PM sent, thanks for the further tests, Ill get round to them when I can and confirm back the results.
    OK, Email sent to you how to do some more testing and produce logs ...
    Rob

Charter Member 2015

2D cockpit panel available?

Hello,
    Can we expect one?
    Thanks in advance
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

not sure the fuel burn at altitude is accurate
    The combat radius is only 390nm (nominal). The last distance flight I did with this model was around 450nm round trip and the fuel burn seems close to that. The T406 engines guzzle fuel in the higher RPM & Torque ranges for STOVL models but are fairly efficient in cruise mode but as most V-22 flights are at low levels, I suspect fuel burn is still high. The V-22's that fly around my area rarely to never fly above 2000ft agl.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello,
    Can we expect one?
    Thanks in advance
    I didn't planning yet for 2D panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    I know it's only V1.0, but adding the 2D GPS pop up and the freeware inflight refueling gauge to almost be able to fly all Osprey missions. Hope you can get your hands on an updated flight manual, not sure the fuel burn at altitude is accurate, otherwise the FDE seems about right as I mix my helo and King Air time together. Each time I fly it I'm impressed with the model!

Hope "kdfw" sees this, need some USMC tan flight gear and helmets in future repaints, please sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    The combat radius is only 390nm (nominal). The last distance flight I did with this model was around 450nm round trip and the fuel burn seems close to that. The T406 engines guzzle fuel in the higher RPM & Torque ranges for STOVL models but are fairly efficient in cruise mode but as most V-22 flights are at low levels, I suspect fuel burn is still high. The V-22's that fly around my area rarely to never fly above 2000ft agl.
    there just rough calculation fuel to be burn. it around 3,5 hour to flying or 1000 Nm with max fuel with STOL.

2D GPS pop up. MFD map are from GPS gauge. if you fly with flightplan, map will display all the path, it just like GPS map.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Rob
    received should be tonight when I can test

To speed up the movement of your eyepoint in the VC, you can increase the heading and pitch rate in the aircraft.cfg.
    First always "Back Up" your cfg before editing!
    1. Open aircraft.cfg in notepad.
    2. Go to "Camera Definitions".
    3. Select the definition that you wish to edit.
    4. Look for "PitchPanRate" and "HeadingPanRate".
    5. Increase the rate of each to 99. This will greatly speed up the movement.
    6. Save as "Aircraft.cfg".

SOH-CM-2022

Amazing

I finally got around to trying a flight with this bird today. Wow.

Being my usual idiotic self I fired up FSX and just loaded the Osprey into my first flight. No starting a flight with the Default Cessna, no following the manual :-) none of the stuff I knew I should be doing.

I half expected the sim to crash or the Osprey to be a pig.

Nope - worked like a dream. No problem in the sim, no frame rate issues no bad flight manners.

I can't get the nacelles to rotate but I know that is because of my own ignorance. I know there is a key command to do it but I don't have it to hand (Maybe if I had bothered to RTM I would remember it)

I will now go back to the manual and fly her properly but my hat is off to Maryadi. This is truly an amazing piece of work.

Congratulations

Gavin

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Gavin

Nacelles look at page 15 Part VIII: 4 Aileron Trim by default and an option to control with Spoiler Axis.

Introduction video

For those of you who like an introduction video on how-to-fly this MV22B, I can highly recommend this

https://youtu.be/17gO42bjEjI

Created by one of the betatesters (Heater) ....

Even if you have allready flown it, Im sure the video contains things you have not tried yet .....

Rob

[QUOTE=rcbarend;1073130]For those of you who like an introduction video on how-to-fly this MV22B, I can highly recommend this

https://youtu.be/17gO42bjEjI

Thanks! Answers questions I did not even know I had yet

Finally got the time to load this bird up and fly it. Absolutely brilliant!! What a blast. I can't imagine all the work that went into this. THANKS to all involved for such a well conceived and executed model.

-Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post

oh, why not.

I just wanted to say thank you for this marvelous model! A delight to fly to and from ships and carriers! And it seems to have great potential for future upgrades!! Works nice with the TacPack tankers, as well!

Thank again!

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    I just wanted to say thank you for this marvelous model! A delight to fly to and from ships and carriers! And it seems to have great potential for future upgrades!! Works nice with the TacPack tankers, as well!

Thank again!

Seawing

that nice air refueling.
    yes, that aircraft still have more chance to upgrade in many side. my beta tester (letourn) ever try use external load using sling.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Rob
    Hi Rob,

Sent you the logs last night, so just wanted to check that you receive this?

Members who have read this thread: 0