MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 3
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I installed it in the P3D root folder.
    Are you a Tacpack user by any chance? If so try disabling for a test to see if that works? Ive disabled as a test seems to work, also updated to the latest version and enabled seems OK again. Strange thing is the menu is full screen for Tacpack Misc when using the V22...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sykes View Post
    Are you a Tacpack user by any chance? If so try disabling for a test to see if that works? Ive disabled as a test seems to work, also updated to the latest version and enabled seems OK again. Strange thing is the menu is full screen for Tacpack Misc when using the V22...
    Yes, I remember now. So try this.
    For the HMS bounty project, besides Fstramp, having Tacpack enabled (P3D only) was the second reason why the FSUIPC speed forcing sometimes failed. With the than current version Tacpack. So maybe a newer version of Tacpack solves this, but at least try to disable Tacpack temporarily and see if this solves the problem.
    Rob

Does disabling Tacpack also solve your problem with the "jumpy" vertical takeoff ?
    Because takeoff should be very smooth (and slow) if you move the throttle very gently forward...
    You should also be able to hover a few feet above the ground, at the proper throttle setting (somewhere between 65 and 95 %, depending on actual total weight)
    Rob

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I will try this, because yes I'm using TacPack, and yes I'm also getting that weird full screen mode menu with the Osprey !
    The question is: how do I disable TacPack ? Do I have to edit the entries in the DLL.xml, or can it be done via the menu ingame ?

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Don't give up yet ...LoL
    If other people have simular problems on a specific P3D version, maybe we can find the cause or common factors.
    Because the performance hit you get with this addon on your PC isn't normal I think, because there are a lot of optimations in code done allready (like the main dll gauge code).
    To compare: I have a relatively old PC too (CoreI5-2500, GTX560, with W7 and FSX-Accel), and if I change from a default aircraft (737) to the MV22B in a certain scenery, my avg. FPS only goes from 30 to 25.
    Rob
    I have an i7 960 overclocked from 3,2 to 3,7 GHz.
    The Aerosoft Tomcat keeps above the 30 FPS once I disabled the mirrors.
    Also, Dino's F-35B was working perfectly.

If you open your TacPack Manager there is a box to check that will prompt you if you want to run TacPack whenever you start FSX. Once you do this, you get to tell TP if you want it to start every time you load FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    Start first in a default aircraft, and then change over to the Osprey. There is something particular about starting flights in this aircraft, need to check the manual (cannot remember offhand).
    I tried this, but crashes again. I will read the manual to find out if there is any particular trick to help install the plane. Thanks

Must be a great download, but for me as "oldtimer" impossible to download. As I love my privacy, no other download options than the old fashioned ones. It's a pity that this guy doesn't use a good flightsim-site.

Have fun with it,

hertzie.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Yes, I remember now. So try this.
    For the HMS bounty project, besides Fstramp, having Tacpack enabled (P3D only) was the second reason why the FSUIPC speed forcing sometimes failed. With the than current version Tacpack. So maybe a newer version of Tacpack solves this, but at least try to disable Tacpack temporarily and see if this solves the problem.
    Rob
    Newer tacpack doesn't solve it, had the same issue this first try today.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Must be a great download, but for me as "oldtimer" impossible to download. As I love my privacy, no other download options than the old fashioned ones. It's a pity that this guy doesn't use a good flightsim-site.

Have fun with it,

hertzie.
    Google Drive isn't any more invasive than getting it from a flight sim website...

Eventually it'll probably be released to the sites. But while it's essentially a limited release open beta like it is, they prefer to keep it low key until all the issues are ironed out.

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I have an i7 960 overclocked from 3,2 to 3,7 GHz.
    The Aerosoft Tomcat keeps above the 30 FPS once I disabled the mirrors.
    Also, Dino's F-35B was working perfectly.
    Daube, Try by turning off all the MFD you should gain between 5-10fps. Then turn back ON the first MFD and then try the second one make sure to try different MAP setting. I usually turn it off. I run it with an I7-920 without problem with three monitors high res.

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post

Have fun with it,

hertzie.
    Like Aitattackimages said there is no more danger for your privacy to download from google drive or dropbox than any flight sim sites. The files are virus free and entirely legal.

Quote Originally Posted by jagl04 View Post
    I tried this, but crashes again. I will read the manual to find out if there is any particular trick to help install the plane. Thanks
    Does it crash when loading the V-22 or after its loaded or you are in the cockpit?. If its when loading try to disable add-on you may have to see if there is any conflict. If its after you are in the cockpit wait like a minute or two before touching any controls.

Up and running in a few minutes. Wow, what a great kit this one is.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Installed it this morning and while I like it, there is a bit of a learning curve for me as I mostly fly 30s and 40s aircraft. I reset some of my joystick buttons for tilting the rotors. Just seemed like that would be easiest for me.

Got the paint kit as well and lot's of possibilities there.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by letourn View Post
    Does it crash when loading the V-22 or after its loaded or you are in the cockpit?. If its when loading try to disable add-on you may have to see if there is any conflict. If its after you are in the cockpit wait like a minute or two before touching any controls.
    FSX crashes when I try to load the plane. I will have a look at possible conflicts with other addons. Thanks for your interest!

From what I'm reading and experiencing, if your mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel, you can't access a lot of the functions needed to start it up. At least I didn't pay money for it.

This is a great plane! Congratulations to the designer! Once one gets the hang of its controls, it can land anywhere! Great fun and very nice modelling. I'm sure it will evolve even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    From what I'm reading and experiencing, if your mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel, you can't access a lot of the functions needed to start it up. At least I didn't pay money for it.
    Most of the scroll wheel functions can be done by left click hold and slide, tapping or right mouse button.

This thing is pretty aggravating even when reading and going by the so called manual. When I first installed it, it worked great. Flew it around a while, landed it and closed out FS. Ever since then, I have battery on, Avionics on, APU in the run position, but the glass cockpit is dead, and I can't get the nacelles to raise up using aerilon controlls. It's making sounds like the engines are running, but who knows with a dead panel? And the rotors aren't turning although I did cheat and take off in a different aircraft, the switch to the Osprey in flight to see if it would do anything. I got a little prop blur to go with the stopped props and glided around a while before getting intimate with a tree top.

I've got to be doing something wrong, but no idea what and to be honest, the manual makes little if any sense to me. This is why I'm not a fan of FS aircraft that are systems heavy and have the usual FS shortcuts blocked from use.

I'll tinker around with it a day or so and if I can't get it to work, it's headed for the trash bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    This thing is pretty aggravating even when reading and going by the so called manual. When I first installed it, it worked great. Flew it around a while, landed it and closed out FS. Ever since then, I have battery on, Avionics on, APU in the run position, but the glass cockpit is dead, and I can't get the nacelles to raise up using aerilon controlls. It's making sounds like the engines are running, but who knows with a dead panel? And the rotors aren't turning although I did cheat and take off in a different aircraft, the switch to the Osprey in flight to see if it would do anything. I got a little prop blur to go with the stopped props and glided around a while before getting intimate with a tree top.

I've got to be doing something wrong, but no idea what and to be honest, the manual makes little if any sense to me. This is why I'm not a fan of FS aircraft that are systems heavy and have the usual FS shortcuts blocked from use.

I'll tinker around with it a day or so and if I can't get it to work, it's headed for the trash bin.

"so call manual" "trash bin"

ok...

i think it's best to remember that the developers did this for free, to contribute to the fs community.

I just want to chime in and say how grateful I am of the team that is working on this, and I'm so glad they released it. I am enjoying it immensely. My hope is that people will temper their comments realizing this is a free aircraft that is not being made by a company, but a small handful of gentlemen that are doing it solely for the love of putting this machine together. Go easy 😊

The work being put into this thing so far is fantastic. Unfortunately some are using FSX, some are using FSXSE, some are using P3D, and some are using Windows 10, some using Windows 7, even some people using Vista and XP. When you're building an extremely complex flight simulator version of an extremely complex real life aircraft, there are bound to be some issues here and there. I'm grateful that they released it now-- they could have withheld it for a couple more years or even decided to make it payware at some point.

It'll get there. So much of it is already done so well, I have no doubt.

Members who have read this thread: 0