MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 28
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18202122232425262728

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Thanks Rob,

That worked. But why is the button labelled "Mode 3A CO"? There's no mention of this in the Manual and it's hardly intuitive!

Next question: Does the same methodology apply to setting VOR-1 & VOR-2 - because I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work. Where would the NAV Freq appear?

Cheers,

Mark
    PLEASE read section 6.1.2.3: EICAS of the flightmanual and look at the picture of the EICAS screen. Works exactly the same way for VOR1/2 as for Transponder.
    And if you wonder why the Transponder is labeled
    "Mode 3A CO": do a google search for this exact string (including the quotes) and it becomes clear.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    PLEASE read section 6.1.2.3: EICAS of the flightmanual and look at the picture of the EICAS screen. Works exactly the same way for VOR1/2 as for Transponder.
    And if you wonder why the Transponder is labeled
    "Mode 3A CO": do a google search for this exact string (including the quotes) and it becomes clear.
    Rob,

Thanks for the Google reference. I had never seen the phrase "Mode 3A CO" used in any FS or P3D aircraft before - and I've flown many - which explains my mystification! The Transponder is always labelled as such, even in military aircraft.

Regarding the VOR1/ILS frequency: When I type for example "Tab-1087" on my physical keyboard, the digits do appear on the EICAS scratchpad, but when I then click on '
    VOR1/ILS' the existing value there (in this case: 113.700) is not replaced by 108.7. This leads me to believe that the new value has not been entered into the NAV receiver. Why is this?

Apologies for bugging you about this, but I'd be surprised if nobody else has come across similar problems.

Cheers,

Mark

Rob,

Regarding the VOR1/ILS frequency: When I type for example "Tab-1087" on my physical keyboard, the digits do appear on the EICAS scratchpad, but when I then click on '
    VOR1/ILS' the existing value there (in this case: 113.700) is not replaced by 108.7. This leads me to believe that the new value has not been entered into the NAV receiver. Why is this?
    Because you are not typing the Dot character !! 1087 is a non-existing frequency !!
    So:
    With the Tab key depressed, type 108.7 on the main keyboard section (NOT the NumPad section, unless you are sure of the NumLock state)
    Then release the Tab key, and click VOR1/ILS button.

And behold .....

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Because you are not typing the Dot character !! 1087 is a non-existing frequency !!
    So:
    With the Tab key depressed, type 108.7 on the main keyboard section (NOT the NumPad section, unless you are sure of the NumLock state)
    Then release the Tab key, and click VOR1/ILS button.

And behold .....
    Ah! But when I type the DOT key, no dot appears...

Shall try again!

Ah! But when I type the DOT key, no dot appears...
    ?????
    What key are you pressing for the 3 characters after the word "appears" in your post ??? That is the Dot key (== Period, decimal point, whatever you name it).
    Otherwise, I'm really lost .... Sorry

Members who have read this thread: 0