MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 24
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1416171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Shows ya how much I know. Sorry for the mis-information...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Silly question - where are the repaints with grime on them? Especially for the fleet birds?

Icon5 OK to use your Osprey in a product video?

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    nope, shiny are came from texture parameter inside model, either use standard texture (diffuse) or add new texture deal with shiny. as shiny texture are "only" for HMX (I think), so I'll make shiny stuff less priorities.
    Hey Maryadi/kalong OK to please use your Osprey in a product promotion video with Fleet Traffic: US Navy? Thanks in advance, understand if no too!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh/Heater View Post
    Oh thats no prob Maryadi, I dont care too much for the shinyness. I actually thought it had something to do with the alpha channels too, but guess not lol.

How is version 2 coming along, Maryadi? Any updates?
    lucky you, last night, I sent V2 beta1 to Rob for system check and compatibility in FSX, as I now always test in P3D v4.
    if all system checked and good to go, I'll send to Beta tester.
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Hey Maryadi/kalong OK to please use your Osprey in a product promotion video with Fleet Traffic: US Navy? Thanks in advance, understand if no too!
    I'm Ok to use my Osprey on your product, please give a credit for me (Maryadi). that would be something for me.
    Thanks for asking the permission.
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    I'm Ok to use my Osprey on your product, please give a credit for me (Maryadi). that would be something for me.
    Thanks for asking the permission.
    Quite welcome! You will definitely get credit :-)!

lucky you, last night, I sent V2 beta1 to Rob for system check and compatibility in FSX, as I now always test in P3D v4.
    if all system checked and good to go, I'll send to Beta tester.
    Oh you got v4?! Awesome! And great to hear about the progress, will be looking forward to it!

Josefk, the grim repaints are in warbirds library , fsx addons,fsx skins, fsx military skins general. About half way down on page 1

Bill

Josefk, I did a fictional navy repaint Hsl-51 grim version , I put it in the fsx military helicopters category , not sure what I was thinking there ?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Josefk, the grim repaints are in warbirds library , fsx addons,fsx skins, fsx military skins general. About half way down on page 1

Bill
    Thanks so much!

After flying for awhile than landing the cargo ramp in the back won't completely open it always stays at level is this a known bug?

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    After flying for awhile than landing the cargo ramp in the back won't completely open it always stays at level is this a known bug?
    Not a bug, but pilot error .....

You need to click the center doorswitch (see Flightmanual, 6.1.5.5)

Rob

I am using the center door switch.

Is the Osprey really parked on the ground ?
    Because if it's moving (groundspeed > 2 knots or so) either on the runway or in the air , the ramp is Always retracted to levelled position.
    (this is not ​described in the manual, by the way).

Or: are you parked on a moving aircraft carrier ?? (that would explain it, and IS an oversight).

Another question:
    If you are parked on the ground (on a fixed runway) and this problem still happens: is there any headwind ??
    And if so: is the problem solved when you completely disable all wind ??

Rob
    Last edited by rcbarend; December 5th, 2017 at 00:36.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Is the Osprey really parked on the ground ?
    Because if it's moving (groundspeed > 2 knots or so) either on the runway or in the air , the ramp is Always retracted to levelled position.
    (this is not ​described in the manual, by the way).

Or: are you parked on a moving aircraft carrier ?? (that would explain it, and IS an oversight).

Another question:
    If you are parked on the ground (on a fixed runway) and this problem still happens: is there any headwind ??
    And if so: is the problem solved when you completely disable all wind ??

Rob
    Hi Rob thanks for the The info it explains a lot,the problem occurs when landing on a moving carrier,so if,I stop the carrier would,I be able to completely shut the ramp door?

Hi Rob thanks for the The info it explains a lot,the problem occurs when landing on a moving carrier,so if,I stop the carrier would,I be able to completely shut the ramp door?
    Yes ...

FYI (if you like to know):
    This has to do with the FS vars used to read actual groundspeed.
    Normal groundspeed vars (as used in Rel1) reads groundspeed relative to the earth surface.
    In FSX-Accel, a new groundspeed var was introduced that gives the groundspeed relative to the underlying surface (like a moving carrier).
    Which explains what you see ....

So: yes, you could call this a bug (or more friendly: an omission) ....LoL
    Will be repaired by Maryadi in Rel2 of the Osprey, which is now in beta-test ......

Cheers, Rob

Thanks again Rob,your always so helpful,and,I have been really enjoying your addon version 4 for use with the Osprey it makes air to air refueling,and hoisting cargo a blast.

Thanks again Rob,your always so helpful,and,I have been really enjoying your addon version 4 for use with the Osprey it makes air to air refueling,and hoisting cargo a blast.
    Glad to hear it's appreciated ......

By the way, when Rel2 of the MV22B package is released, I will make an update of my Addon4 for Rel2.

And in case somebody wonders why my Addon4 features are not included in the base MV22B package for Rel2:
    Maryadi focusses primarily on P3Dv4 now, whereas I can only test/develop for FSX-Accel (I don't have any P3D version).
    So what Maryadi and I are trying to accomplish, is to keep the base package of Rel2 developped for P3Dv4, compatible with FSX-Accel/Steam as best as possible.

Which works for most things, except anything related to camera stuff.
    Like Maryadi is adding new things using the FLIR features specific to P3D, whereas my Addon4 uses camera/view coding features that don't work in P3D anymore.
    Just one example why it's almost impossible to keep some additions I developped for Rel1 in FSX-Accel compatible with P3D.

Rob

Hi guys, I'm back at last!

Had a PC crash in October finally traced to faulty MB.

Since restoring my C: Drive and reloading Maryadi's wonderful MV-22, I cannot get any loads to show up when I hit Shift-J. I've checked that AICarriers contains config.d and that the complete list of loads is there. Please tell me where the line describing the location of AICarriers should be - I've searched: FSX.CFG, AIRCRAFT.CFG and PANEL.CFG, but can't locate it.

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi guys, I'm back at last!

Had a PC crash in October finally traced to faulty MB.

Since restoring my C: Drive and reloading Maryadi's wonderful MV-22, I cannot get any loads to show up when I hit Shift-J. I've checked that AICarriers contains config.d and that the complete list of loads is there. Please tell me where the line describing the location of AICarriers should be - I've searched: FSX.CFG, AIRCRAFT.CFG and PANEL.CFG, but can't locate it.

Thanks for any help,

Mark
    To have AiCarriers auto-started with FSX, you need to add an entry to the EXE.XML file. See readme of AiCarriers.

But you can also start AiCarriers manually (from the desktop, just make a shortcut to AiCarriers.exe) after you have loaded FSX.

By the way, if that doesn't solve the problem, note that (not sure which AiCarriers version you have installed):
    - The Original (JAVA) AiCarriers requires installation of the JAVA runtime environment.
    - The .Net AiCarriers versions requires .Net to be installed (which should be present in your WIndows setup by default.)

Rob

To have AiCarriers auto-started with FSX, you need to add an entry to the EXE.XML file. See readme of AiCarriers.

But you can also start AiCarriers manually (from the desktop, just make a shortcut to AiCarriers.exe) after you have loaded FSX.

By the way, if that doesn't solve the problem, note that (not sure which AiCarriers version you have installed):
    - The Original (JAVA) AiCarriers requires installation of the JAVA runtime environment.
    - The .Net AiCarriers versions requires .Net to be installed (which should be present in your WIndows setup by default.)

Rob
    Thanks Rob,

I've checked and the entry for AICarriers is there in EXE.XML and Win Task Manager shows it as running.

I am running the .Net AICarriers version.

Still no list-menu of load items. What else should I check?

Mark

can you select any other item then loads , like a defined ship ?

I've checked and the entry for AICarriers is there in EXE.XML and Win Task Manager shows it as running.
    Ok, so far, so good. This is the main thing to getting AIC going correctly.
    I am running the .Net AICarriers version.
    Good. IMO, a much better version than the old, JAVA version! Did you DL and install the .NET Redistributable file as recommended in the AICarriers.NET download's Readme file? It's not always included in Windows. Do not assume it's there. DL and install it, just to be safe. Chances are, it's there and installed properly, if you see AICarriers running in the task manager, though.
    Still no list-menu of load items. What else should I check?
    Do you mean that when you hit SHFT+J the menu that pops up doesn't show the sling loads? Does it show the normal, default ship(s) and formations?
    If you scan down the menu that appears when you hit SHFT+J, you should see 9 choices of ships and formations, and a 10th menu choice (Shown a 0 after choice 9) that takes you to the next page of menu choices.
    Is that there? If not, try either 1) Grabbing the bottom of the menu area with your mouse and stretching it down, until the 10th choice appears, or 2) use the usual method of scanning down a menu page, IE the little slider over on it's right side, to scan below the lowest choice you have available, until what you want/need shows up.
    Or just hit 0 (zero), at the end of the number keys on top of the regular keyboard keys, to go to the next page.
    Finally, just having the conf.d folder isn't adequate. You need to have the .cfg file, that shows and defines the sling loads, IN the conf.d folder. Is that file there? I know I posted the file in this thread someplace. Look back through it. If you can't find it, I can post it again. No problem. Just let me know.

Hope this helps!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Ok, so far, so good. This is the main thing to getting AIC going correctly.

Good. IMO, a much better version than the old, JAVA version! Did you DL and install the .NET Redistributable file as recommended in the AICarriers.NET download's Readme file? It's not always included in Windows. Do not assume it's there. DL and install it, just to be safe. Chances are, it's there and installed properly, if you see AICarriers running in the task manager, though.

Do you mean that when you hit SHFT+J the menu that pops up doesn't show the sling loads? Does it show the normal, default ship(s) and formations?
    If you scan down the menu that appears when you hit SHFT+J, you should see 9 choices of ships and formations, and a 10th menu choice (Shown a 0 after choice 9) that takes you to the next page of menu choices.
    Is that there? If not, try either 1) Grabbing the bottom of the menu area with your mouse and stretching it down, until the 10th choice appears, or 2) use the usual method of scanning down a menu page, IE the little slider over on it's right side, to scan below the lowest choice you have available, until what you want/need shows up.
    Or just hit 0 (zero), at the end of the number keys on top of the regular keyboard keys, to go to the next page.
    Finally, just having the conf.d folder isn't adequate. You need to have the .cfg file, that shows and defines the sling loads, IN the conf.d folder. Is that file there? I know I posted the file in this thread someplace. Look back through it. If you can't find it, I can post it again. No problem. Just let me know.

Hope this helps!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

1. As I said, yes, AICarriers is already running in Task Manager. But just to be on the safe side I DLd it again (v.4.5 this time). Tried installing it, but got message that it was already installed...

2. No, what I meant was that Shift-J has no effect whatsoever. No menu at all!

3. In FSX\AICarriers\conf.d there is a file called (In upper case!) SLING LOADS FOR AICARRIERS.CFG. This contains:-

[base]throttle=60
    menu_shortcut=shift+j
    confdir=conf.d

[formation.0]
    title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm plus other
    unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, -15
    unit.1=Food_pallet , 0, 15
    unit.2=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 15, 0
    unit.3=crated_cylinder_sm, -15, 0
    unit.4=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 15
    unit.5=fuel_bladder_sm, 15, 13
    unit.6=fuel_bladder_sm, 13, -15
    unit.7=Stretcher_sm, -13, 13

[formation.1]
    title=AC_Unit_sm
    unit.0=AC_Unit_sm, 0, 15

[formation.2]
    title=CableCar_Wheel_sm
    unit.0=CableCar_Wheel_sm, 0, 15

[formation.3]
    title=crated_cylinder_sm
    unit.0=crated_cylinder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.4]
    title=cratedfueltank_sm
    unit.0=cratedfueltank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.5]
    title=fuel_bladder_sm
    unit.0=fuel_bladder_sm, 0, 15

[formation.6]
    title=gas_bottles_sm
    unit.0=gas_bottles_sm, 0, 15

[formation.7]
    title=Generator_sm
    unit.0=Generator_sm, 0, 15

[formation.8]
    title=pallet_of_Boxes_sm
    unit.0=pallet_of_Boxes_sm, 0, 15

[formation.9]
    title=Propane_Tank_sm
    unit.0=Propane_Tank_sm, 0, 15

[formation.10]
    title=box_of_drums_sm
    unit.0=box_of_drums_sm, 0, 15[B] "

[Formation.11]
    title=Stretcher_sm
    unit.0=Stretcher_sm, 0, 5

[Formation.12]
    title=Food_pallet
    unit.0=Food_pallet , 0, 15

All of the above items (1, 2, 3 above) are exactly the same as they were before I had the PC crash. So I can't understand why Shift-J does absolutely nothing. It makes no difference whether the MV-22 is on the ground or in the air. I seem to remember that Shift-J worked just fine whether or not the A/C was airborne or not.

So I can't see why it isn't working.

Any ideas?

Mark

can you select any other item then loads , like a defined ship ?
    No Rob, I can't select anything, because Shift-J doesn't produce a menu. As I just wrote to Pat, everything seems to be as it should be, so I'm baffled!

Mark

Members who have read this thread: 0