MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 21
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    I've noticed the animation of the spinning rotors is very choppy, is there any way to fix it ?
    can you describe by video?

I'd like to, but not PC savvy enough, all I can tell you is the rotors do not spin smoothly in FSX Steam like the default helicopters

I'd like to, but not PC savvy enough, all I can tell you is the rotors do not spin smoothly in FSX Steam like the default helicopters
    what your frame rate setting and how many you get frame rate from sim (CRTL + Z)?

Target framerate is set to 30, advanced animations checked, I get about 30 fps no problem, flight is very smooth, just the spinning rotors aren't.

in that frame rate it should be ok.

trying to get sample "choppy spin" still no luck

I have even had the rotors to freeze in mid flight, V22 keeps flying along but rotors are froze.

I have even had the rotors to freeze in mid flight, V22 keeps flying along but rotors are froze.
    yes that possible, in some circumstance the starter lever at OFF position while engine are running. I'll try to fix that.

Hi Maryadi, "jymp"

Maybe this helps:

Since I've migrated my FSX-Accel to my new Windows10 PC, I can make video's with the built-in video capture feature of W10.
    Just don't know yet where/how to post a video publically (keep learning ....LoL).

I made a small video of what I think "jymp" means by choppy rotors.
    It's a .mp4 , in a zip file available at :

http://home.kpn.nl/rcbarend/choppy.zip

@ "jymp": Is this the "choppy" effect you mean ??
    @ Maryadi: does this look different on P3D ??

This video is at a very stable 30 fps.

Rob

I have the same effect (on WIndows10) when I'm flying in Spot view and eg. switch from fullscreen to windowed mode, v.v., or e.g. change the overall volume on the Windows taskbar (when flying in Windowed mode).

What Always solves it: go into VC view, and then select Spot view again.

Rob

Tried to have a look, but video will not play for me

Ok, got video to work, EDIT :, looked at the video several times...Yes, I do see the choppiness in the video
    Last edited by jymp; August 7th, 2017 at 15:11.

Well, here I go again with silly questions, this one for Rob specifically, since it involves his MV2281 Addon 4 gauge for the MV-22. Specifically, the ground detecting radar gauge.
    It is a really wonderful gauge, really it is, and incredibly useful. Having said that, I seem to be having a small difficulty with it. When I place a ship with AICarriers it doesn't seem to detect it. The ships placed with the traffic_XXXXXX.bgl type files show up on the radar perfectly. No problems at all. But when I place a ship, in this case the CG-41 Vincennes, or the DDG-963 SPRUANCE class destroyer, the radar gauge seems to detect the fact that they exist within detection distance, but it won't display the information about them. Just to be safe, I flew out to an area empty of other ships or other ground targets within 10 miles, and placed the test ships with the normal AICarriers menu selections. I set the radar detection distance to 10 miles, and, prior to my placing the ship, the radar showed 0 ground targets detected, just as expected in the lower right corner of the radar display. Once I placed the ship 5 miles in front of my current position and flew towords it, the radar quickly showed a 1 in the lower corner, again, as expected. But, no matter how long I waited, even if I placed the ship in motion and flew along right with it, almost in formation with it, speeds matched, and I was at about 150' above the surface, it would never be selectable for tracking purposes. I stayed about 3 miles behind it, radar set to 5 mile range. The NEXT never went green, and I was never able to select it. It was the only target within 20 miles or so, so nothing could be interfering with it.
    The picture below shows exactly what I mean. I did change the VMR setting in the Ball.xml to 75, so it should be displaying these ships. I'm pretty sure their VMR's are greater than that.

You can see the red 1 in the gauge's lower right corner of the radar display, but no matter how long I wait, the gauge never changed to a green NEXT selector.

I hope I'm explaining this properly. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but darned if I can figure out what...
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks very much!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter_2804 Aug. 07 12.53_A.jpg  
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Hi Pat,

Yes, very clear what you mean.
    The fact that the "AI listsize number" changes from 0 to 1, means that the AI ship (when launched with AIcarriers) is detected Okay.
    The only reason why it won't show up in the Radar, can be that VMR of the ship is less than the min. VMR specified in the ball.xml gauge (your say you reduced it from 100 to 75).

So set the min. VMR in ball.xml from 75 to 10 or so, and try again.
    If it works now, you can read what the actual VMR of the ship is when it pops up in the radar.

If it still doesn't work:
    Email me the ball.xml you have editted, and I'll have a look.
    And of course, make sure that the ball.xml you have editted is actually loaded ....Is the editted gauge in the Original folder ??

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi Maryadi, "jymp"

Maybe this helps:

Since I've migrated my FSX-Accel to my new Windows10 PC, I can make video's with the built-in video capture feature of W10.
    Just don't know yet where/how to post a video publically (keep learning ....LoL).

I made a small video of what I think "jymp" means by choppy rotors.
    It's a .mp4 , in a zip file available at :

http://home.kpn.nl/rcbarend/choppy.zip

@ "jymp": Is this the "choppy" effect you mean ??
    @ Maryadi: does this look different on P3D ??

This video is at a very stable 30 fps.

Rob
    if the choppy is like that, it's normal. due to the blade rotor blur aren't transparent enough. the proprotor are 3D blur, not 2D like default aircraft. it can be minimize if more transparent will apply. for rotation proprotor have steady/stable/fix value. i'll try to find out why this appearance are different (including make a choppy).

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    if the choppy is like that, it's normal. due to the blade rotor blur aren't transparent enough. the proprotor are 3D blur, not 2D like default aircraft. it can be minimize if more transparent will apply. for rotation proprotor have steady/stable/fix value. i'll try to find out why this appearance are different (including make a choppy).
    I agree, more transparent rotors should help, I would try it for sure. thanks.

Hi Rob, and all as well!
    Thanks so much. It was the VMR value in the Ball.xml. I neglected to make the necessary changes to the Ball.xml when I installed the latest version of Addon 4. I had made the changes needed to the VMR value in the Beta version to get them to display, but had a stupid attack when I installed the final release, over-writing the Ball.xml, and I forgot to update the new Ball.xml.
    I've got it now. Everything shows as it should.
    NOW I'm working on the list of ships and their VMR values, so I can see that Ship X being displayed by the Radar gauge is a default cruiser, or the Spruance, or whatever it may be. It's a slow process, and given the time I have available, I think I'm doing rather well. Especially given my typing skills, or lack there-of

Thanks very much for your help, Rob. Told ya I was messing something up. As usual

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Hi Rob, and all as well!
    Thanks so much. It was the VMR value in the Ball.xml. I neglected to make the necessary changes to the Ball.xml when I installed the latest version of Addon 4. I had made the changes needed to the VMR value in the Beta version to get them to display, but had a stupid attack when I installed the final release, over-writing the Ball.xml, and I forgot to update the new Ball.xml.
    I've got it now. Everything shows as it should.
    NOW I'm working on the list of ships and their VMR values, so I can see that Ship X being displayed by the Radar gauge is a default cruiser, or the Spruance, or whatever it may be. It's a slow process, and given the time I have available, I think I'm doing rather well. Especially given my typing skills, or lack there-of

Thanks very much for your help, Rob. Told ya I was messing something up. As usual

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Q.E.D. ....LoL
    When you are ready with the list of ships and their VMR values, can you mail me the list so I can build it into the gauge ?
    Just take your time, no hurry whatsoever ...!!

If you look down into the ball.xml gauge about 80%, or search for the string Asturias , you'll find a list of carriers allready recognised by the gauge.
    I advise you not to edit this list yourself, because there are a few restrictions you are probably unaware of. Plus, one "typo" will make the xml code unreadable for FSX

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post

Pat☺
    looking from you picture, there some light appear, such weird.

Any hope for more transparent rotors yet ?

When you are ready with the list of ships and their VMR values, can you mail me the list so I can build it into the gauge ?
    Just take your time, no hurry whatsoever ...!!
    Hi Rob!
    I'm working, slowly but surely! I'm focusing on the military ships, although I have picked up several (many??) cargo ships, tankers, and so on, most of which have a landable helipad built in. I'm sure you can see why I am focusing on ships I can land on.
    I'll get it organized in a readable format that makes some kind of sense and email it off to you asap. It'll be a week or two more. There are a LOT of military ships available for FSX! I had no idea you were interested in my little project or I would have worked harder on it.
    If you look down into the ball.xml gauge about 80%, or search for the string Asturias , you'll find a list of carriers allready recognised by the gauge.
    I advise you not to edit this list yourself, because there are a few restrictions you are probably unaware of. Plus, one "typo" will make the xml code unreadable for FSX
    I am quite familiar with that little section of the .xml file. I've already added a few boats to it. No real problem. I make a copy-n-paste entry of one of your lines, like for the Asturias, and just change the VMR value and ship's name. I am being extremely careful about doing all this, triple checking for typo's, which are something I am notoriously bad for. I also make back-up's just about every time I go in to start editing, so if/when I really mess it up, it will be recoverable. I think part of the slowness of my work is all the checking, backing up, etc, I do.
    But heck, best I can do

looking from you picture, there some light appear, such weird.
    Hi, Maryadi
    You're right, but I am pretty sure those lights only show up on the HSL-51 warlords 2016 add-on texture, but I may be wrong. I'll check the other, default, textures to see if they show up on those as well. I've gotten to where I pretty much just ignore them any more. I only have the HSL-51 and VMM265-02 Dragon 2016 add-ons, aside from the two default textures, so it won't take me long to check this out.
    More information as soon as I can get it to you

Have fun, everyone! I sure am...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Any hope for more transparent rotors yet ?
    I have another plan for rotor, it for V2.0. no promise when it will being release yet.

Ok, thanks for replying, looking forward to seeing smooth rotors spinning.

Hi!

I have just set up my new rig and FSX received a very considerable boost. However, after loading the MV-22 again, I got this strang green light at the center of the wing. It is linked to the beacon light, but ... what is it? Doesn't seem to belong there...

Seawing

another strange light, will investigate

They're either aliens, or ghosts. Can't be anything else

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0