MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 20
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Aha .... this is not the "jitter" we discussed, but simply "stutters", probably caused by the CPU not been able to keep sending data to the videocard. Or maybe low on free memory.
    Try this... just remove the smoke.system definitions from the aircraft.cfg ( so there's no more grounddust effect) and see if this helps.
    Rob
    Hm, I did remove all smoke effects from the aircraft.cfg, but I still get this jitters or stutters ... running out of ideas really ...

Maybe the new PC (due in about two weeks) will do the trick...

Regards,

Seawing

Hi,
    This video shows Trump arriving on a new US aircraft carrier in a helicopter.

BUT..This is preceded by three V-22s landing on the same carrier.

I think it's worth a few minutes to watch this - even if you don't approve of Trump!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EZL-pBj3Yc

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hm, I did remove all smoke effects from the aircraft.cfg, but I still get this jitters or stutters ... running out of ideas really ...

Maybe the new PC (due in about two weeks) will do the trick...

Regards,

Seawing
    another "trick":
    disable gauge by adding " // " (no quote)

Code:
    [Vcockpit00]
    file=..\texture\$old_fashion.bmp
    background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=1
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$old_fashion
    gauge01=rcb-gauges!VSTOLControlIPC_Function,  0,0
    gauge02=rcb-gauges!VSTOL_Jitter,  0,0
    gauge03=AVM!Maryadi_lv2av, 0, 0
    gauge04=rcb-gauges!V22RotorWashEffectControl,  0,0
    //gauge05=rcb-gauges!NacellesFollowSpoiler, 0,0         // Remove "//" to command the nacelles with SpoilerAxis control 
    gauge06=mv-22b!compass,  786,343,195,180
    //gauge07=mv-22b!peta,  0,0,508,508
    gauge08=Mar_MV22B!mar_function,    786,343, 1, 1
    gauge09=../sound/dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 0,0

[Vcockpit01]
    file=..\texture\$display_1.bmp
    background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=1
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$display_1
    //gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   0,   512, 512, 1
    //gauge01=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 0,   512, 512, 2
    //gauge02=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   512, 512, 512, 3
    gauge03=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 512, 512, 512, 4
    it will disable MFD 1,2, and 3. including map. let see would be happen.

for more extreme you can disable the CDU:
    Code:
    //gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_cdu,  0, 0, 708, 512
    engine parameter still can monitor from MFD.

Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    another "trick":
    disable gauge by adding " // " (no quote)

Code:
    [Vcockpit00]
    file=..\texture\$old_fashion.bmp
    background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=1
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$old_fashion
    gauge01=rcb-gauges!VSTOLControlIPC_Function,  0,0
    gauge02=rcb-gauges!VSTOL_Jitter,  0,0
    gauge03=AVM!Maryadi_lv2av, 0, 0
    gauge04=rcb-gauges!V22RotorWashEffectControl,  0,0
    //gauge05=rcb-gauges!NacellesFollowSpoiler, 0,0         // Remove "//" to command the nacelles with SpoilerAxis control 
    gauge06=mv-22b!compass,  786,343,195,180
    //gauge07=mv-22b!peta,  0,0,508,508
    gauge08=Mar_MV22B!mar_function,    786,343, 1, 1
    gauge09=../sound/dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 0,0

[Vcockpit01]
    file=..\texture\$display_1.bmp
    background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=1024,1024
    visible=1
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$display_1
    //gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   0,   512, 512, 1
    //gauge01=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 0,   512, 512, 2
    //gauge02=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      0,   512, 512, 512, 3
    gauge03=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd,      512, 512, 512, 512, 4
    it will disable MFD 1,2, and 3. including map. let see would be happen.

for more extreme you can disable the CDU:
    Code:
    //gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_cdu,  0, 0, 708, 512
    engine parameter still can monitor from MFD.

Maryadi

Hi Maryadi,

thanks, I will test it, though, I think, I rather have the gauges activated.

One more thing I noticed, flying turbo-props in the RW. Turbo-props are pretty quick in decelerating, especially on high RPMs and large props. I also read about the MV-22 with its prop-rotors being able to accelerate and decelerate pretty quick. Now the FSX model decelerates rather slow from cruise speed with nacelles down. I am sure that is mainly due to sim limitations, but do you think there is any way to tweak this a little?

Best regards,

Seawing

QUOTE:-

Other than that, sounds like you will be in 7th heaven when you get the new joystick.

Hi Pat,

Well I got my new Hotas X a few days ago and installed it today. And all seems satisfactory, apart from assigning the various buttons, etc.

Wondering which buttons you assigned to Nacelle control? I was wondering if the Slider would work for that?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Maryadi,

thanks, I will test it, though, I think, I rather have the gauges activated.

One more thing I noticed, flying turbo-props in the RW. Turbo-props are pretty quick in decelerating, especially on high RPMs and large props. I also read about the MV-22 with its prop-rotors being able to accelerate and decelerate pretty quick. Now the FSX model decelerates rather slow from cruise speed with nacelles down. I am sure that is mainly due to sim limitations, but do you think there is any way to tweak this a little?

Best regards,

Seawing
    If you familiar with air file, you can play both aircraft.cfg and air file on engine section, don't do on other stuff or will mess up overall flight behavior.

Wondering which buttons you assigned to Nacelle control? I was wondering if the Slider would work for that?
    Hi Mark,
    I just use the Aileron Trim buttons (CTRL+4/CTRL+6) to control the nacelles. I'm a big fan of both default settings and using buttons on the KB. I learned PC gaming using nothing but a KB when I was learning DOOM and Castle Wolf (hows that for a blast from the past??), so KB button assignments are the most comfortable for me. It's just habitual.
    Anywho, yes, you could assign the slider to control the Spoiler Axis. Just be sure to un-assign it the Throttle Axis, or you'll get some real interesting side effects. You'll have to get into the game's Controller settings, and assign it that way. Then you need to get into the Panel.cfg and enable the Spoiler Axis gauge. Look at the top of the last page of the PFD instruction manual that came in the original MV-22 package. There are complete instructions there on How-To for all this.
    Does that help at all?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Hi Mark,
    I just use the Aileron Trim buttons (CTRL+4/CTRL+6) to control the nacelles. I'm a big fan of both default settings and using buttons on the KB. I learned PC gaming using nothing but a KB when I was learning DOOM and Castle Wolf (hows that for a blast from the past??), so KB button assignments are the most comfortable for me. It's just habitual.
    Anywho, yes, you could assign the slider to control the Spoiler Axis. Just be sure to un-assign it the Throttle Axis, or you'll get some real interesting side effects. You'll have to get into the game's Controller settings, and assign it that way. Then you need to get into the Panel.cfg and enable the Spoiler Axis gauge. Look at the top of the last page of the PFD instruction manual that came in the original MV-22 package. There are complete instructions there on How-To for all this.
    Does that help at all?
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for your thoughts on the Hotas X. I can understand your 'addiction' to the KB. I use it a lot too, but I'm more used to the joystick when flying the Osprey.

As for the Slider, or Rocking Button as ThrustMaster also calls it, using the FS Options/Settings/Controls/Buttons-Keys, I cannot assign it to any function at all. That's with either 4 or 5 Axes selected with the Home button on the Hotas. It seems as if FS (P3D too?) cannot recognize it.

So I messed around and finally found that I can use the two buttons, SE and ST, on the base of the Throttle to be assigned to Aileron Trim and, what's more, they work well to move the nacelles! I've set Repeat to full so they give me a smooth change of angle.

I must say that I find the smoothness of control provided by the Hotas X to be a revelation compared to my original setup (CH yoke and Saitek rudder pedals, which latter were a d*mned nuisance sliding all over the place and getting in my way when I wasn't 'flying'.). So thank you Pat for putting me on to the Hotas! I owe you a beer or two! Now it's just a case of getting used to the Hotas and which buttons do what...

Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi Pat,

As for the Slider, or Rocking Button as ThrustMaster also calls it, using the FS Options/Settings/Controls/Buttons-Keys, I cannot assign it to any function at all. That's with either 4 or 5 Axes selected with the Home button on the Hotas. It seems as if FS (P3D too?) cannot recognize it.
    Most probably this Slider (is this a thumbwheel ? ) isn't a "set of buttons" but an Axis. So you can't assign it via the buttons menu.
    Best way to control the nacelles is a 3-position auto-springback switch, like you find on e.g. a CH Yoke. But I don;t think the HOTAS has this.
    Next best is (indeed, like you do) two seperate buttons for AileronTrim.

Allthough it's possible (with the Spoiler gauge enabled) to use a controller Axis for nacelles control, I don;t like that myself.
    Reason being that the actual position of the controller axis may not reflect the actual position of the nacelles.
    Example:
    when you're on the ground, the nacelles are forced to min. 60 degrees rotation, so setting the controller axis to below 60 degrees nacelles rotation has no effect.
    This would require a feedback option (position forcing) from the nacelles gauge to the HW controller, but no standard USB stick/yoke/Hotas has such a feature ..

Rob

As for the Slider, or Rocking Button as ThrustMaster also calls it,
    Is that the one on the front of the throttle handle? If it is, it's not actually a slider per se. It's actually a 3 position, center loaded, rocker switch (where have I heard of that before??). You should be able to assign each SIDE of it as a separate button, I think (rarely). Used for rudder trim, by default, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Which means each side can be assigned as an Aileron Trim instead, one side up and one down. Also handy for controlling nacelles, just for a wild example
    I tend to agree with Rob, though. I'd rather have buttons controlling the Aileron Trim/nacelles. As he said, there are occasions when the plane will change the nacelle angle, and, if the slider chosen doesn't have a feedback device of some sort, trying to get it lined up would be problematic. Buttons are always in the right position.

I am glad you like the HOTAS X. I sure do. And as I said, the tunnel diodes will never get dirty, clogged, carbonized, all the foibles (big word of the week!) pots have. Just keep it dusted off once in a while, and you're GTG! And you never need worry about it's center drifting, like pots are prone to. Really nice.
    Run it with sensitivities all the way right, and null zones full left, and enjoy flying! Just keep a light touch...

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Most probably this Slider (is this a thumbwheel ? ) isn't a "set of buttons" but an Axis. So you can't assign it via the buttons menu.
    Best way to control the nacelles is a 3-position auto-springback switch, like you find on e.g. a CH Yoke. But I don;t think the HOTAS has this.
    Next best is (indeed, like you do) two separate buttons for Aileron Trim.

Although it's possible (with the Spoiler gauge enabled) to use a controller Axis for nacelles control, I don't like that myself.
    Reason being that the actual position of the controller axis may not reflect the actual position of the nacelles.
    Example:
    when you're on the ground, the nacelles are forced to min. 60 degrees rotation, so setting the controller axis to below 60 degrees nacelles rotation has no effect.
    This would require a feedback option (position forcing) from the nacelles gauge to the HW controller, but no standard USB stick/yoke/Hotas has such a feature ..

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Yes, you're right, that 'Slider' is an Axis but trying to give it an assignment in FS (same in P3D?) produces a warning that it is assigned to Rudder. And as Pat says, it's really a three-position self-centering switch. I'll stick with the two buttons I have already assigned to Aileron Trim.

I understand your explanation of why not to use a controller axis for nacelle control. Another little item I hadn't even imagined.

Mark

Is that the one on the front of the throttle handle? If it is, it's not actually a slider per se. It's actually a 3 position, center loaded, rocker switch (where have I heard of that before??). You should be able to assign each SIDE of it as a separate button, I think (rarely). Used for rudder trim, by default, if it's the one I'm thinking of. Which means each side can be assigned as an Aileron Trim instead, one side up and one down. Also handy for controlling nacelles, just for a wild example
    I tend to agree with Rob, though. I'd rather have buttons controlling the Aileron Trim/nacelles. As he said, there are occasions when the plane will change the nacelle angle, and, if the slider chosen doesn't have a feedback device of some sort, trying to get it lined up would be problematic. Buttons are always in the right position.

I am glad you like the HOTAS X. I sure do. And as I said, the tunnel diodes will never get dirty, clogged, carbonized, all the foibles (big word of the week!) pots have. Just keep it dusted off once in a while, and you're GTG! And you never need worry about it's center drifting, like pots are prone to. Really nice.
    Run it with sensitivities all the way right, and null zones full left, and enjoy flying! Just keep a light touch...

Have fun!
    Pat☺

Hi Pat,

Yes, that's the one. It seems to be assigned to 'Rudder Axis - Z-Rotation' and, if I try and change that at all, it objects. Do you use that rocker switch for anything?

So, as I've said to Rob, I'm sticking with the two buttons (SE & ST) on the base of the throttle, for nacelle control.

I've taken your advice about the sensitivities and null zones and the Osprey responds to the stick very smoothly. I'm so glad to be rid of the Saitek pedals that were so hard to use and inaccurate. I only miss the differential braking, but expect I can assign a pair of buttons on the Hotas for that.

Having fun already!

Mark

Yes, that's the one. It seems to be assigned to 'Rudder Axis - Z-Rotation' and, if I try and change that at all, it objects. Do you use that rocker switch for anything?
    Hey Mark
    I think that was meant to be a way to use the rudder without twisting the stick during a turn. Lets you keep your hands on the stick and throttle, and control the rudder, in a more "realistic" fashion, although the rudder is a switch, rather than a pair of pedals. It's supposed to be pressed like a pedal, although it keeps moving the rudder past what you need if you hold it down. You're supposed to hold it till it's where you want it, like to center the "ball" during a turn, then tap it to hold it there. It's self centering, as well. When you let go, I think it returns the rudder to center.
    I don't like it, nor do I use it for anything. I twist
    I believe that if you press the button over on the far right of the stick's base, with the green LED above it, the LED will turn red, and it will permit changes like that more readily. If you want to use that rocker for the nacelles, give it a shot. If you're happy with what you have, don't bother.
    I only miss the differential braking, but expect I can assign a pair of buttons on the Hotas for that.
    The default for the Left/Right brakes (diff braking) buttons in FSX are the Num Pad * and - (multiply and subtract) keys, up on the uppermost right of the num pad (with num-lock off). I've also found you can get the same effect by twisting the stick (like turning while taxiing) and hitting the . (period button) OR the trigger on the stick. It applies brakes as though you were pressing a rudder pedal more than another. The * and - keys just apply one or the other. So, you could assign the left and right brakes to buttons on your HOTAS, or just twist and press, as you prefer. I personally twist-n-press. Just me though.

Hope all this helps a little!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kgVe0524As

Ulrich-Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video_V-22-Maryadi_003.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich-Richard View Post
    finally you here.
    did you use default package in your video?

maryadi

SCENERY

FSX-default / Airport-Design-Editor / Internet downloads

ADE Objects : http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/sceneobjects/
    Airport , EDJA : http://www.edja.mcs-webdesign.com/download.htm

and
    AI Traffic ( AI-Enhancer )
    http://www.g-daehling.de/fs2004/modu...t&lid=22&noJpC

Happy landing

Ulrich-Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSX_Memmingen-Allgaeu_EDJA-Field_and_Seabase_AI-Traffic_experimental-TEST.jpg   FSX_V-22_OSPREY_by Kalong.jpg  

STOW , V-22-OSPREY from Kalong

Happy landing

Ulrich-Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 004_Tür 2 und Tür 1 geöffnet.jpg   001_V-22-Kalong_Rotoren gefaltet.jpg   002_V-22_Kalong.jpg   003_Traverse 90° Drehung.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich-Richard View Post
    STOW , V-22-OSPREY from Kalong

Happy landing

Ulrich-Richard
    I ask again, did you use all file in MV-22B package and not made any modification on it?
    This aircraft was special and need special handling. the gauge screen display, VTOL gauge, sound, animation and flight behavior are connected each other, make change or modification could lead inconsistencies behavior.

We are sorry, hopefully the families of the victims are always steadfast and patient.

Maryadi
    (translate using google translate)

On behalf of my fellow Marines all over the world, we thank you all for your thoughts and prayers in this time of tragedy. We all appreciate it a great deal.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Smile

Hello Kalong ,

I send you an eMail. To explain all things here , it is to complicated

Bag your pardon for my school english. It's long time ago i left school .

Gruss

Ulrich-Richard , South-Germany
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FSX_V-22_OSPREY_by Kalong.jpg   FSX_V22-Kalong_Ölbohrploatform_offshore.jpg  
    Last edited by Ulrich-Richard; August 6th, 2017 at 01:04.

@"Nach dem Absturz einer US-Militärmaschine vor der Küste Australiens werden noch drei Insassen vermisst.

Ein US-Militärflugzeug mit 26 Soldaten an Bord ist am Samstag vor der Ostküste Australiens verunglückt.
    23 Menschen wurden gerettet, drei Marineinfanteristen wurden zunächst noch vermisst, wie das Marine
    Corps auf Twitter mitteilte. Ein Sucheinsatz wurde eingeleitet."

Unser Beileid den Angehörigen , die von ihren Lieben Abschied nehmen müssen.

Ulrich-Richard

Hey Mark
    I think that was meant to be a way to use the rudder without twisting the stick during a turn. Lets you keep your hands on the stick and throttle, and control the rudder, in a more "realistic" fashion, although the rudder is a switch, rather than a pair of pedals. It's supposed to be pressed like a pedal, although it keeps moving the rudder past what you need if you hold it down. You're supposed to hold it till it's where you want it, like to center the "ball" during a turn, then tap it to hold it there. It's self centering, as well. When you let go, I think it returns the rudder to center.
    I don't like it, nor do I use it for anything. I twist
    I believe that if you press the button over on the far right of the stick's base, with the green LED above it, the LED will turn red, and it will permit changes like that more readily. If you want to use that rocker for the nacelles, give it a shot. If you're happy with what you have, don't bother.

The default for the Left/Right brakes (diff braking) buttons in FSX are the Num Pad * and - (multiply and subtract) keys, up on the uppermost right of the num pad (with num-lock off). I've also found you can get the same effect by twisting the stick (like turning while taxiing) and hitting the . (period button) OR the trigger on the stick. It applies brakes as though you were pressing a rudder pedal more than another. The * and - keys just apply one or the other. So, you could assign the left and right brakes to buttons on your HOTAS, or just twist and press, as you prefer. I personally twist-n-press. Just me though.

Hope all this helps a little!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Apologies for the delay in replying - it's been a bit of a difficult week one way and another. :-(

I agree that twisting the Hotas stick for rudder seems easier if 'less prototypical'.

Thanks for the explanations about differential braking. I think 'twist-n-press' sounds simpler.

Must get back to actually flying the Osprey!

Cheers,

Mark

I've noticed the animation of the spinning rotors is very choppy, is there any way to fix it ?

Members who have read this thread: 0