MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 17
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    go to home page here at simouthouse and look for HSL-51 Zip, its 2 down from the top in the 'Whats new " section. I downloaded Robs new gauge V4 but now I cant control the nacelles ? they are stuck on 60 degrees. Has anybody else having this problem ? Thanks In Advance guys

Bill
    Thanks Bill!

I have Rob's V4 too, and it works perfectly in FSX - rotor/nacelle tilt included... Give Rob a shout, he's very helpful.

But in P3D I can't use the MV-22 with Rob's stuff because the camera causes a CTD! Rob says it's unfixable.

So back to old technology. And I was so enjoying P3D...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Thanks Bill!

I have Rob's V4 too, and it works perfectly in FSX - rotor/nacelle tilt included... Give Rob a shout, he's very helpful.

But in P3D I can't use the MV-22 with Rob's stuff because the camera causes a CTD! Rob says it's unfixable.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

as said in the other forum, if you want I can make an version that has the camera view itself removed in both windows, so it wont crash in p3d.
    So in the hoist window, you only see the altitude and other indications on a black background.
    And in the refuel/tracking window you always see the radar screen.

Rob

Thanks Bill!

Mark
    I have no CTD in P3D v3.3. let see how many people have CTD in P3D when gauge camera ON (native FSX). if it "many" I would think again to enable P3D gauge camera. I need more report to make decision.

Thanks Rob, using Gauge 005 did the trick. Works perfectly. what do you guys think about this as my next repaint ?

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails navy flag.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Yes, I sure can
    you can find AICarriers.NET here: https://github.com/ollyau/AICarriers/releases
    There is a thread on it over at FSDT. It can be found here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind....html#msg86978
    I type it with the .NET extension because it's author, Orion, likes to do it that way in his thread about it to differentiate from the older, java based version.
    Both versions' executable files are AICarriers.exe. Using the .NET extension is just an easy way to tell them apart.
    Make sure you download and install the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile .
    May I ask, are you using P3D or FSX? If you're using P3D, make sure you install AICarriers into the main P3D folder. I've heard that this needs to be done, and that it doesn't. Placing it there will save possible headaches later on, is all. Do NOT, under any circumstances, install it into C:\Program Files , or C:\Program Files(X86) . That WILL cause problems later, trust me.
    You don't have to add it to your EXE.XML file. There is an example entry available both on the thread's first post, and in the Readme file as well, to do so if you desire, though, to start it every time you start the sim. I do it that way cause I'm lazy

There are dozens of boats available for use in AICarriers. Beware of adding too many entries, either into the main AICarriers.cfg file, or into the conf.d folder, where they belong anyway. I made a subfolder in the conf.d folder, and store the add-on .cfg files there until I want to use them. Keeps from having 20 pages to search through in the SHFT+J menu. Like I said, I'm lazy.
    If you want moving carriers, without having to place them with AIC, so you can use it to place your sling loads, go to Flightsim, and download carriertracks1and2.zip from the library there. Places moving carriers all over the world. I love the ones around Hawaii. There's a ton of them to choose from to place a load onto. Great challenge. Cruisers and destroyers are an even bigger challenge. Much smaller landing areas. Great fun to place the Osprey it's self on while they're moving. NOT easy

Have fun, and if you have any more questions, I'll try to help.
    Pat☺
    Pat,

I've had good success with the sling, etc. in FSX (I've given up trying to fly the MV-22 in P3D.) But in spite of downloading/installing the Scar Creek scenery and loads, I can't make them appear anywhere.

AICarriers is now in a sub-folder of FSX and the file you gave me is in conf.d. But hitting Shift-J does nothing in FSX.

Suggestions?

Mark

Freded, I had the same problem some time ago, I found that the coordinates were off due to how old the scenery is and was using orbx etc, it took a lot of trial and error to get the objects to show in the scenery once I discovered that the scenery was made before all the sceneries form orbx were installed. I don't know if that's your problem . Just me 2 cents

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Freded, I had the same problem some time ago, I found that the coordinates were off due to how old the scenery is and was using orbx etc, it took a lot of trial and error to get the objects to show in the scenery once I discovered that the scenery was made before all the sceneries form orbx were installed. I don't know if that's your problem . Just me 2 cents

Bill
    if that true, so it just in scenery layering. make the object folder at above of all scenery on scenery setting. I forgot how to go to scenery setting in FSX.

UK Show for Osprey

Anyone in the UK - the Osprey is being displayed at this years RIAT at Fairford next weekend. Saw one over my house yesterday - VERY distinctive sound.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    Anyone in the UK - the Osprey is being displayed at this years RIAT at Fairford next weekend. Saw one over my house yesterday - VERY distinctive sound.
    Awesome..., if there someone didn't mind to give me a help
    I need photo real on ceiling next to overhead panel, above engineer seat ( between 2 pilot slightly backward).
    another photo on cargo floor (can be separate if lens is not coverage all)

Big thanks, Maryadi

I hope you get the photos kalong, sounds like you are adding a lot of details , can't wait . As for the objects, I don't think (but could be wrong) the layers are the problem. When the object scenery was developed it was for default FSX, when I added the orbx scenery's I noticed that streams and land had changes therefore changing the position of the objects and elevation also changed for some of the objects. I changed lat/log coordinates and had to change elevation to some of the objects . If you are interested Freded I can try and get those numbers for you and see if that helps. This is of coarse if you are using Orbx sceneries . If you are not using orbx then I don't know what the problem is

Bill

Hi all!
    Freded, did you add the entry to your EXE.XML? To make AICarriers start automatically?
    Failing that, did you try starting AIC manually, so to speak? I made a shortcut to the AICarriers.exe file in the installation folder, and put it out on my desk-top, for easy access. I set it to always Run As Administrator. I normally let the exe.xml file start AICarriers for me (lazy, remember?) when I start FSX, but sometimes I want to shut it down and restart it to use a different .cfg file. If it's starting, you should see it in the Processes tab of your Task Manager. Named, oddly enough, aicarriers.
    It seems that, when using AIC to place the different loads, the scenery layers and other fun stuff isn't a problem. Although sometimes, when I place the Crated Generator it makes a puff of dust, as though it was "placed" a foot or two off the ground, and plopped down.
    Something else to check, Freded, is whether the objects were correctly placed in the correct folder. Open your Simobjects\Misc folder and look down through it to make sure the liftable loads were placed there by the Scarcreek autoinstaller. It worked fine for me, but you never know. Easiest way to find the liftable objects, is to open the config file for AIC I posted, and look at the object names, then scan through the Misc folder for folder names that match the object names. Like pallet_of_boxes_sm , and so on.
    I really think, though, that if you aren't getting the menu pop up when you hit SHFT+J, AIC isn't starting. Look in the Readme Orion included for the entry you need to add to your EXE.XML file. If you have trouble with it, I will see what we can see. The usual trouble is with the <Path> line there-in.
    Let me know what you find
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Hi all!
    Freded, did you add the entry to your EXE.XML? To make AICarriers start automatically?
    Failing that, did you try starting AIC manually, so to speak? I made a shortcut to the AICarriers.exe file in the installation folder, and put it out on my desk-top, for easy access. I set it to always Run As Administrator. I normally let the exe.xml file start AICarriers for me (lazy, remember?) when I start FSX, but sometimes I want to shut it down and restart it to use a different .cfg file. If it's starting, you should see it in the Processes tab of your Task Manager. Named, oddly enough, aicarriers.
    It seems that, when using AIC to place the different loads, the scenery layers and other fun stuff isn't a problem. Although sometimes, when I place the Crated Generator it makes a puff of dust, as though it was "placed" a foot or two off the ground, and plopped down.
    Something else to check, Freded, is whether the objects were correctly placed in the correct folder. Open your Simobjects\Misc folder and look down through it to make sure the liftable loads were placed there by the Scarcreek autoinstaller. It worked fine for me, but you never know. Easiest way to find the liftable objects, is to open the config file for AIC I posted, and look at the object names, then scan through the Misc folder for folder names that match the object names. Like pallet_of_boxes_sm , and so on.
    I really think, though, that if you aren't getting the menu pop up when you hit SHFT+J, AIC isn't starting. Look in the Readme Orion included for the entry you need to add to your EXE.XML file. If you have trouble with it, I will see what we can see. The usual trouble is with the <Path> line there-in.
    Let me know what you find
    Pat☺
    Yes, I added the AICarriers section to EXE.XML, with the path to the AICarriers folder:-

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\Flying\Flight Simulator X\AICarriers</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    </SimBase.Document>

- and AICarriers appears in Task Manager, so it is starting.

As for the SimObjects\Misc folder, It has all 9 of the _sm files in it from the SlingLoad list config file you posted.

Shift-J still does nothing...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    if that true, so it just in scenery layering. make the object folder at above of all scenery on scenery setting. I forgot how to go to scenery setting in FSX.
    Kalong,

Can't be that. AICarriers is already at the top of the Settings in Scenery Library.

Mark

Should the path line to AIC end like this.. /AICarriers.net/AICarriers.exe</Path>

This is an old exe.xml as I don't have AIC auto-load but the exe was located in the folder AICarriers.net. In the post above, exe.xml is pointing to the folder but not the exe.

Note.. I use the .net version but the same should apply for the Java version.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Should the path line to AIC end like this.. /AICarriers.net/AICarriers.exe</Path>

This is an old exe.xml as I don't have AIC auto-load but the exe was located in the folder AICarriers.net. In the post above, exe.xml is pointing to the folder but not the exe.

Note.. I use the .net version but the same should apply for the Java version.

ATB
    DaveB
    My AICarriers entry points to the .exe

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Path>E:\AICarriers\aicarriers.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>-nogui</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>

They are right. You left out the Aicarriers.exe portion of the path.
    Mine reads thus: <Path>D:\TEMP\Flight Sim ADDONS\FSX ADDONS\AI Carriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>
    Add the part I am showing in Red to yours, and it will show up when you hit SHFT+J. I promise
    I am presuming, of course, that the path you showed us in yours is the correct path to your AICarriers folder, and the .exe file contained there-in.

Good luck! Keep me informed on how it goes
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

They are right. You left out the Aicarriers.exe portion of the path.
    Mine reads thus: <Path>D:\TEMP\Flight Sim ADDONS\FSX ADDONS\AI Carriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>
    Add the part I am showing in Red to yours, and it will show up when you hit SHFT+J. I promise
    I am presuming, of course, that the path you showed us in yours is the correct path to your AICarriers folder, and the .exe file contained there-in.

Good luck! Keep me informed on how it goes
    Pat☺
    Pat,

Well, I added 'AICarriers.exe' to the path in exe.xml and also corrected the syntax of the file. It now reads completely, with the added section in bold :-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
    <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
    <Descr>Launch</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
    <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
    <Launch.Addon>
    ? <Name>Couatl</Name>
    ? <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    ? <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    ? <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    ? <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    ? <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    ? <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Flying\Flight Simulator X\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>FSX</CommandLine>
    </Launch.Addon>
    <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AICarriers</Name>
    <Path>C:\Flying\Flight Simulator X\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Does that look OK to you?

I've checked that the path is correct! And that the entry in Scenery.cfg is present and accepted by FSX. But still nothing happens in FSX when I hit Shift+J. What am I supposed to see? I have Rob's 'Track & Refuel' window open, with the MV-22 on a runway with engines running.

What am I missing?

Mark

Pat,

When I open FSX, I get an error message saying: "SCENERY.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (C:\Flying\Flight Simulator X\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe\SCENERY) in scenery Area.428 not found. Click OK to continue."

I suppose it's looking for \SCENERY because it's 'SCENERY.CFG' !

Should AICarriers not be in SCENERY.CFG?

Mark

No, AICarriers has nothing to do with scenery.
    I am trying to figure out just where you got (C:\Flying\Flight Simulator X\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe\SCENERY) .
    There's no such folder.
    I suggest removing that entry from your scenery library entirely. Click the DELETE AREA button and get rid of whatever that entry points to. AICarriers and Scenery are two different animals. Like an Elephant and a Guinea Pig, if you see what I mean. AND there's no ...\Scenery under the AICarriers main folder. So that entry in your Scenery Library needs to go, no question.
    At least there wasn't when I installed it, and not in any entry I've seen in their forum. Nor any reference to anything having to do with scenery.
    The only thing having to do with scenery is the Scar Creek scenery. You don't need to activate it, in your scenery library. It's optional. We're just using the sling loads it installs for you. Other than that, you don't need it. I like to buzz around the various landings available in it but it's just for VTOL practice. The scenery it's self isn't necessary to make AICarriers work properly. Or, in this case, at all!
    As you may have noticed in my EXE.xml entry, you can install AIC just about anywhere you like, as long as the pathing to it in your EXE.XML is accurate. The only caveat to that is the certain versions of P3D need it in the main P3D folder. But the pathing is crucial.
    Can I suggest a test? Try installing AICarriers again, someplace easy to path to. Like C:\AICarriers. Or D:\AICarriers. Whatever. Just take the downloaded zip-file, as though you had just downloaded it, and install it to your chosen location. Then, VERY carefully use the path to the new installation in your EXE.XML, and see if it shows up in SHFT+J. Like C:\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe for example, assuming that's where you installed it. Remember, you must have FSX shut down, then started fresh, or it won't read the EXE.XML.
    Curious. Do you have the correct version of FSUIPC? Do you have the correct Simconnect version running. I can't recall if that's needed or not, but it can't hurt. Did you download and install the correct
    .NET Framework 4.0 Client, as shown in the Readme? I know that's vital, and sometimes people miss it. Happens. Did you name the file I linked earlier something like Sling_loads.CFG, when you placed it in the conf.d folder? Do you have the SHFT+J key combo assigned to something already? Some add-ons can do things like that. Check to be sure SHFT+J isn't already assigned to something, preventing it from activating AICarriers.

I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities I can. And I'm getting a headache...
    Let me know how it works out. We WILL get this going, you wait and see!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

No, AICarriers has nothing to do with scenery.
    I am trying to figure out just where you got (C:\Flying\Flight Simulator X\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe\SCENERY) .
    There's no such folder.
    I suggest removing that entry from your scenery library entirely. Click the DELETE AREA button and get rid of whatever that entry points to. AICarriers and Scenery are two different animals. Like an Elephant and a Guinea Pig, if you see what I mean. AND there's no ...\Scenery under the AICarriers main folder. So that entry in your Scenery Library needs to go, no question.
    At least there wasn't when I installed it, and not in any entry I've seen in their forum. Nor any reference to anything having to do with scenery.
    The only thing having to do with scenery is the Scar Creek scenery. You don't need to activate it, in your scenery library. It's optional. We're just using the sling loads it installs for you. Other than that, you don't need it. I like to buzz around the various landings available in it but it's just for VTOL practice. The scenery it's self isn't necessary to make AICarriers work properly. Or, in this case, at all!
    As you may have noticed in my EXE.xml entry, you can install AIC just about anywhere you like, as long as the pathing to it in your EXE.XML is accurate. The only caveat to that is the certain versions of P3D need it in the main P3D folder. But the pathing is crucial.
    Can I suggest a test? Try installing AICarriers again, someplace easy to path to. Like C:\AICarriers. Or D:\AICarriers. Whatever. Just take the downloaded zip-file, as though you had just downloaded it, and install it to your chosen location. Then, VERY carefully use the path to the new installation in your EXE.XML, and see if it shows up in SHFT+J. Like C:\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe for example, assuming that's where you installed it. Remember, you must have FSX shut down, then started fresh, or it won't read the EXE.XML.
    Curious. Do you have the correct version of FSUIPC? Do you have the correct Simconnect version running. I can't recall if that's needed or not, but it can't hurt. Did you download and install the correct
    .NET Framework 4.0 Client, as shown in the Readme? I know that's vital, and sometimes people miss it. Happens. Did you name the file I linked earlier something like Sling_loads.CFG, when you placed it in the conf.d folder? Do you have the SHFT+J key combo assigned to something already? Some add-ons can do things like that. Check to be sure SHFT+J isn't already assigned to something, preventing it from activating AICarriers.

I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities I can. And I'm getting a headache...
    Let me know how it works out. We WILL get this going, you wait and see!
    Pat☺
    Pat,

Don't know what I did, but I decided it was time to reboot the thing...

So then opened FSX and hit Shift+J - and the AIShips menu appeared!

BTW, I deleted that entry for AICarriers from my Scenery.cfg.

Here's the result, to prove I'm not just saying this to get rid of your headache!

Thanks, Pat, for all your help over this. You're just as stubborn as I am.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sling Loads.jpg  

Wooo hoo!
    We got it. Finally

That picture looks great. Now, let's see you go up into a hover and pick something up! Just so you know, you can't see it most of the time, but I think there should be a stretcher in front of the generator. It seems to like to hide in the ground until you pick it up.

Something you might want to do now, if you want to pick the stretcher up: Open up the sim.cfg file for the Stretcher_sm object in your \Simobjects\Misc folder. Make sure the line Empty Weight = 260 reads what I'm showing. IIRC, it's 60 by default. If you leave it at 60, and pick it up with the hoist, it will fly up into the air, breaking the cable. Looks really amazing. I'd hate to be in that stretcher!! If you change it to 260, as though it had a person in it instead of being empty, it works perfectly.

Be careful about placing the objects while on the ground. If your plane bumps into one, like during a vertical take-off, it will cause you to crash. Hover up to about 50' or so, hit the Hover Hold to hold the bird in place, THEN place the objects. Safer that way.

By the way, there are more than one page to the SHT+J menu. Look down at the bottom of the list, and there should be an entry that reads something like 0-Next Page (that's a zero, not an oh). Several other objects are available to use, generally single objects. I just made the first entry have several objects available to make it easier. I'm one lazy son-uv-a-gun...

If you break the cable, and I do frequently, you have to reload the plane to get it working again. I have one of my joystick buttons assigned to the Reload User Aircraft function. SO much easier! Other than that, you can go up to the menu bar up top, Aircraft>Select Aircraft, and choose the same plane again. Or pick a different one, then choose the plane you desire again.

Have fun! Carry a few loads out to a stationary boat, to get a feel for how it's done, then try to carry a load out to a moving boat! It's a real adventure. matching speeds with the boat, making sure you're right over the helipad, lowering the load, with the wind from you motion blowing it around...FUN!
    Remember, the shorter you can keep the cable below you, the finer the control you have over it, but TOO short and it will blow up into the plane.

See ya!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Wooo hoo!
    We got it. Finally

That picture looks great. Now, let's see you go up into a hover and pick something up! Just so you know, you can't see it most of the time, but I think there should be a stretcher in front of the generator. It seems to like to hide in the ground until you pick it up.

Something you might want to do now, if you want to pick the stretcher up: Open up the sim.cfg file for the Stretcher_sm object in your \Simobjects\Misc folder. Make sure the line Empty Weight = 260 reads what I'm showing. IIRC, it's 60 by default. If you leave it at 60, and pick it up with the hoist, it will fly up into the air, breaking the cable. Looks really amazing. I'd hate to be in that stretcher!! If you change it to 260, as though it had a person in it instead of being empty, it works perfectly.

Be careful about placing the objects while on the ground. If your plane bumps into one, like during a vertical take-off, it will cause you to crash. Hover up to about 50' or so, hit the Hover Hold to hold the bird in place, THEN place the objects. Safer that way.

By the way, there are more than one page to the SHT+J menu. Look down at the bottom of the list, and there should be an entry that reads something like 0-Next Page (that's a zero, not an oh). Several other objects are available to use, generally single objects. I just made the first entry have several objects available to make it easier. I'm one lazy son-uv-a-gun...

If you break the cable, and I do frequently, you have to reload the plane to get it working again. I have one of my joystick buttons assigned to the Reload User Aircraft function. SO much easier! Other than that, you can go up to the menu bar up top, Aircraft>Select Aircraft, and choose the same plane again. Or pick a different one, then choose the plane you desire again.

Have fun! Carry a few loads out to a stationary boat, to get a feel for how it's done, then try to carry a load out to a moving boat! It's a real adventure. matching speeds with the boat, making sure you're right over the helipad, lowering the load, with the wind from you motion blowing it around...FUN!
    Remember, the shorter you can keep the cable below you, the finer the control you have over it, but TOO short and it will blow up into the plane.

See ya!
    Pat☺
    Pat,

Yes, we got it! Now the fun begins...

I loaded up the stretcher to 260 lb as you suggested (Can just see it where you said it would be). But the trouble I'm having is getting the Osprey to stay within the limits to make Hover Hold catch. It keeps drifting off to the left. I've reset the yoke axes and rudder pedals and checked there is no wind, but it still drifts.

Even when I achieve HH, it is very difficult to edge the aircraft immediately over the loads, despite very gentle use of the yoke. Do you have a system for this?

So I haven't managed to pick up any loads so far...

Mark

why not try to facing where you drift came from. aka into the wind then play with nacelles and nose angle. Though day

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    why not try to facing where you drift came from. aka into the wind then play with nacelles and nose angle. Though day
    Yes, I've been trying that, by moving the wind around a bit.

After a lot of careful manoevering, I snagged a load! BUT - it wasn't the one I was aiming for!!

Here it is-

Next job is to deliver the pallet of boxes to a predetermined destination (on land to start with!) without dropping it...

I can only imagine a pilot of a real MV-22 trying to pick up a particular load under windy conditions. It must take a lot of practice.

Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Load finally Slung!.jpg  

Pat,

Yes, we got it! Now the fun begins...

I loaded up the stretcher to 260 lb as you suggested (Can just see it where you said it would be). But the trouble I'm having is getting the Osprey to stay within the limits to make Hover Hold catch. It keeps drifting off to the left. I've reset the yoke axes and rudder pedals and checked there is no wind, but it still drifts.

Even when I achieve HH, it is very difficult to edge the aircraft immediately over the loads, despite very gentle use of the yoke. Do you have a system for this?

So I haven't managed to pick up any loads so far...

Mark
    IF I were you, which I'm not of course, I would turn down the sensitivity of the pitch and roll axes of your joystick a little. And yes, I have the same roll problem, and I haven't been able to figure it out. YET. There is a weight, somewhere, that is either off center, or on the wrong side. I'll finger it out. All you can do is keep correcting for it. I have the Null zones on my joystick set to 0, so I can keep the movements very small. But I have a tunnel diode type joystick, and they do best with 0 Null zones. The potentiometer type joysticks need their null zones set to compensate for the "blank" around the pot's center. All pot's have them, and they're all different. So every potentiometer type joystick will have different null settings.
    Until I do get the roll figured out, just use the VV in the PFD to get to where the HH will catch hold. VERY gently and carefully move it slowly to the center of the PFD, and hit the HH button right away. I keep the mouse cursor over the HH button, and click when I have it centered up. Once you have the HH active, you can move the red crosshairs in the Down Camera window, SHFT+2, over the center of the load you want. Remember, you can achieve up to 6 kts in hover hold, with the hold active. If you hit the HH button when near the loads someplace, moving over them and holding is pretty easy.

Kalong, sir, the plane rolls left (port) whether there's any wind or not, or whether it's in motion, or perfectly still, without the Hover Hold on. The wind can be set to 0, and it still rolls slowly left. No matter how carefully calibrated the joystick has been. Like I said, I believe there's a weight someplace that's not quite correctly positioned, or the engine thrust direction is off-center, SOMEthing. I'll figure it out and post here eventually. Just a little busy these next couple of days. Give me a little bit of time. If I switch to a different plane, it doesn't happen, so I know it's just the MV-22. Of course, if someone else were to figure it out first, well...

Have fun all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0