MV22B Rel1.0 released - Page 15
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: MV22B Rel1.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Yes, no problem to add that.
    But that will be groundspeed (actually: longitudinal speed) relative to the earth surface, NOT relative to the deck of the ship.
    So you should be aware of the groundspeed of the ship (if any).

FSX-Accel (and P3D) does have a variable that relates groundspeed relative to the underlying moving ship's deck.
    However, this variable gives the groundspeed (relative to the deck) in ANY direction (longitudinal and lateral); so if it's 0, you know you are hovering over the deck with 0 relative speed, but if not 0, it doesn't tell you the direction that the aircraft is moving to.

But I do either one or the other "groundspeed" display. Let me know which one you prefer.

And while I'm writing this:
    I'm also working on a next version of the "ball" gauge , which adds:
    - Find/track/fly-to an moving AI aircraft carrier.
    - Visual display of the selected AI, visualising the position/heading/distance of the AI aircraft / aircraft-carrier relative to the position/heading of the user aircraft in the horizontal plane (like in a radar display gauge).
    - A tow/pushback function, that simulates the V22 (with enigines OFF) being towed / pushed by a truck (just functionally, no visual truck yet). You control the truck with your throttle and rudder (+15 to -7 knots groundspeed).

Rob
    Hi Rob,

that's great!!
    BTW, is there a chance to link the auto-hover to a moving ship deck, so the MV-22 remains over a spot on deck with the ship underway?

Regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Rob,

that's great!!
    BTW, is there a chance to link the auto-hover to a moving ship deck, so the MV-22 remains over a spot on deck with the ship underway?

Regards,

Seawing
    No, unfortunately ...
    For the same reason I explained above: there's no variable available that gives me the exact ships speed. Using the var "groundspeed relative to surface below" doesn't give me the direction to control groundspeed to the ship's speed.

Unless I extend the "tracking/locked" part of the addon for VSTOL operation too. But I'm not that far yet

Rob

regarding new P3d v4 with 64 bit, it seem osprey have issue with 64 bit architecture. but I will glad if somebody give a try Osprey on P3D v4 and give me any issue /problem rise.

add note: osprey will need latest FSUIPC that work with P3D v4

Hi Rob,

that's great!!

Regards,

Seawing
    Contrary to my previous reply:

Yes, but with a restriction .....
    What I just coded/tested (and will be part of the new addon version):
    If you are in a stable hover over a moving ship, you can activate HoverHold.
    And are still able to correct the position relative to the ship (within limits) with stick and rudder.

The restriction is, that the (AI) ship should have a stable speed and heading whilst HoverHold is Active.

Rob

Almost all the ships I've seen that are usable in AICarriers, and there are many, both rotary and fixed wing landable, hold a steady 25 kt. speed once set in motion. The sped is changeable, but that requires an editing of the sim.cfg file, and once changed, is steady at the new value. They hold course tight as well, unless changed.
    I don't know if that helps or not, but there it is...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Contrary to my previous reply:

Yes, but with a restriction .....
    What I just coded/tested (and will be part of the new addon version):
    If you are in a stable hover over a moving ship, you can activate HoverHold.
    And are still able to correct the position relative to the ship (within limits) with stick and rudder.

The restriction is, that the (AI) ship should have a stable speed and heading whilst HoverHold is Active.

Rob
    Morning Rob,

that's great news! I think it will be no issue in regards to the ships, as PhantomTweak mentioned. The only issue I can see is ground objects (that includes ships) are sometimes "jumping" a bit in FSX, that could potentially detach the MV-22 from HVR HOLD and one would have to re-engage the AP.
    Other than that, I would say, getting into a stable hover first and activate HVR HOLD afterwards sounds pretty realistic.

Seawing

Morning Rob,

that's great news! I think it will be no issue in regards to the ships, as PhantomTweak mentioned. The only issue I can see is ground objects (that includes ships) are sometimes "jumping" a bit in FSX, that could potentially detach the MV-22 from HVR HOLD and one would have to re-engage the AP.

Seawing
    I think that only applies to "pilotable" ships (when used in multiplayer, or recorded and played-as-AI).
    And not for AI ships generated by FSX AI flightplans or AiCarriers.
    That is: in my experiance ...

Anyway, I'll see what I can cook up ...

Cheers, Rob

Anyway, I'll see what I can cook up ...

Cheers, Rob

Hi Rob,

any news on the project?

Kind regards,

Seawing

noting there are 15 pages of posts

could someone point me to the most current download links so I cant start doing some paints please
    Last edited by jeansy; June 24th, 2017 at 01:54.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Link is in first post on page 1.

It's in the library, very easy to find.
    But, you can find it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=117&id=22530
    Does that help?

Just so y'all know, I've been practicing, and you can set a pallet, for example, placed originally with AICarriers.NET, and picked up with the hoist, onto a ship created with a flight plan. A .bgl kind of file. And they are moving. The pallet I used for testing was one of 3 I placed with AICarriers, hovered over it with HVR CPLD, and used the hoist. Then I few out and intercepted the boat, flew along at 25kias, and lowered the pallet onto the deck. I then flew away a ways, and back, and it was still there. Didn't fall through the deck, or anything. Then I landed on the boat with the slide-sideways method, and it worked fine. The pallet was still there. I flew back to shore where I placed the pallets originally, picked up the next, and set IT on the ship as well. This was a Nimitz carrier from Javier, placed and set in motion with a file from carriertracks1and2.zip. I can't recall where I got that, though.
    The pallets and so on I got from Hovercontrol.com. Great site for Helo ops. They have a number of sling loads, either to be used with a saved flight, or with AICarriers, which I much prefer.
    Great fun, but takes a lot of VERY fine control, very careful nacelle control, and very gentle plane movements or the cable will break. I lost more friggen pallets that way...
    You have to add the [sling.0] entry to the plane's aircraft.cfg. I can post the settings for that I'm using if desired. I'm still fine tuning them, however.

Have fun all! I sure am!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Hi Rob,

any news on the project?

Kind regards,

Seawing
    I'm currently on holliday (in Austria and Italy), and back in a week or so,
    Ive made a beta version of addon-4, which I send to Pat (PhantomTweak) for testing before I went away.
    And looking att his post, he's enjoying it. LoL.

When I get back, I will contact Pat for his comment, and upload the new addon version after that,

Cheers, Rob

If you have problems with VTOL...

Hi folks,

I recently found i was unable to perform any VTOLs. This was surprising because they had always worked perfectly before. With the nacelles set at 90, increasing the throttle just made the aircraft move forward instead of up.

I found the reason was that FSUIPC was not appearing in P3D's Add-ons list. I made sure that FSUIPC.dll was actually in the P3D\Modules folder, before Googling it.

The answer was that dll.xml (in: Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3) should contain the following lines:-

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4_loader.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

- which it did. BUT... 'FSUIPC4_loader.dll' was not in the Modules folder. It had somehow got moved to another folder.

Once I moved it back to Modules, FSUIPC appeared under Add-ons and VTOL worked perfectly.

In case anyone else has a problem with VTOL in the MV-22B, it would be a good plan to check first that FSUIPC is present under Add-ons, and if not, to look for it in Modules and check that dll.xml has those lines in it.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark

I can't say for sure without going to look, but isn't there an updated FSUIPC out for V4? I am not certain of the version number, but I think, however rarely, it's a 5.somethingorother.
    I don't know if you use the payware or freeware version, and I can't say if the updated version will be available to payware customers for free, or if you would have to pay for it again.
    In any event, it might be worth a look over on Mr. Dowson's blog...

Just a HU for the V4 FSUIPC4 users...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I'm currently on holliday (in Austria and Italy), and back in a week or so,
    Ive made a beta version of addon-4, which I send to Pat (PhantomTweak) for testing before I went away.

When I get back, I will contact Pat for his comment, and upload the new addon version after that,

Cheers, Rob
    That's great, Rob!

Enjoy your holidays!!

Seawing

Ohhhhh, you have NO idea how much I am enjoying it!!

I think I have the [sling.0] settings just about right. I can set a load on Javier's Nimitz, which the shft+3 gauge identifies perfectly, or a default carrier, also easy to ident by the size, both of which were in motion at the time. I matched course and speed almost perfectly, using the nacelles and throttle, set the Hover Hold, and slid gently to where I wanted to place the load, lowered and released it. see the first pictures attached, please.

Approaching a default carrier, with a generator on the sling, moving at a nice, steady 25kts, right on the button.

In the second, you can see the load on the deck, just for'ard the Island. TONS of fun!!

The shft+3 gauge, which shows the ground or air targets, seems to work as advertized. I even got locked onto a C208, and got a full load of fuel off it. That was one FULL C208! Realistic? Not at all, but a load of fun getting up to where the lock-on would take The lock on positioned perfectly for refueling. I need to learn how to make an AI flight plan so I can have the C-130 for a refueler that just a matter of time.
    I have pictures, but it will take me a bit to find them, I've taken so many. I'll post them soon.

Have fun all, I sure am!
    Pat☺
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter_2676 Jun. 26 13.29.jpg   ScreenHunter_2680 Jun. 26 13.40.jpg  
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Hi Rob,

any news on the project?

Kind regards,

Seawing
    I still doing refining on VC. learning painting curve... it's dammed boring thing ...
    after that will do MV-22B tanker and add bottom door as sling load door as Rob gauge already updated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    noting there are 15 pages of posts

could someone point me to the most current download links so I cant start doing some paints please
    it on main website in fsdeveloper.com as the link on page 1

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I can't say for sure without going to look, but isn't there an updated FSUIPC out for V4? I am not certain of the version number, but I think, however rarely, it's a 5.somethingorother.
    I don't know if you use the payware or freeware version, and I can't say if the updated version will be available to payware customers for free, or if you would have to pay for it again.
    In any event, it might be worth a look over on Mr. Dowson's blog...

Just a HU for the V4 FSUIPC4 users...
    Pat☺
    next version MV-22B will not depended on FSUIPC, I make my own module.
    MV-22B v1.0 aren't compatible with P3D v4. even FSUIPC already compatible with 64 architecture. Osprey v1.0 intended to be use for 32 bit architecture : FSXA, FSX:SE, P3D v1.x, P3D v2.x and P3D v3.x
    Next MV-22B version, I'll add compatibility with P3D v4.x. just patient cause doing all thing alone in here.

Ohhhhh, you have NO idea how much I am enjoying it!!

I think I have the [sling.0] settings just about right. I can set a load on Javier's Nimitz, which the shft+3 gauge identifies perfectly, or a default carrier, also easy to ident by the size, both of which were in motion at the time. I matched course and speed almost perfectly, using the nacelles and throttle, set the Hover Hold, and slid gently to where I wanted to place the load, lowered and released it. see the first pictures attached, please.

Approaching a default carrier, with a generator on the sling, moving at a nice, steady 25kts, right on the button.

In the second, you can see the load on the deck, just for'ard the Island. TONS of fun!!

The shft+3 gauge, which shows the ground or air targets, seems to work as advertized. I even got locked onto a C208, and got a full load of fuel off it. That was one FULL C208! Realistic? Not at all, but a load of fun getting up to where the lock-on would take The lock on positioned perfectly for refueling. I need to learn how to make an AI flight plan so I can have the C-130 for a refueler that just a matter of time.
    I have pictures, but it will take me a bit to find them, I've taken so many. I'll post them soon.

Have fun all, I sure am!
    Pat☺

Could your share your sling settings? Mine tends to snap all the time :-(

Seawing

No problem. Happy to oblige.
    I changed a lot from the settings Rob included .

Code:
    [Sling.0]
    hoist_extend_rate = 3     //Feet per second
    hoist_retract_rate = -5   //Feet per second
    position = 0.0, 0.0, -7.05  //Feet from datum
    max_stretch = 3.5          //Max stretch distance at ultimate load
    damping_ratio = 0.50      //0 for no damping to 1.0 for critically damped.
    rated_load = 10000         //Characteristics tension of cable in pounds
    ultimate_load = 10000      //Breaking force in pounds
    tolerance_angle= 70        //Angle, in degrees, used to determine lateral breaking force limit 
    auto_pickup_range = 15     //Max Range, in feet, for auto-pickup
    auto_pickup_max_speed = 10 //Maximum speed (feet per second) for auto-pickup 
    hoist_payload_station = 3  // If load is raised into aircraft, it's weight is added to payload_station.3
    hoist_door= 4              // 4th Exit (not animated in visual model) is auto-opened when Hoist function is activated.
    Some short notes: I changed the extend rate, slowing it a little. Vastly reduced the load wobbling and flopping, often resulting in cable breakage, when lowering it.
    I changed the position, to move it under the plane's CG, although once Kalong gets the new version out, with the sling door, that may change to match up. I put it as close as I could tell it should be from pictures I found on the net, but I didn't have any exact position, so it's a guess atm.
    I changed the max stretch line a little. It seems to allow the very heavy loads, like a pallet of crates, to bounce a little without cable breakage.
    I changed the damping ratio, with reduces the load bouncing quite so hard during maneuvering, reducing cable breakage.
    I changed the rated load, as this plane can lift some very heavy loads, and some sling loads available from Hovercontrol are quite heavy.
    I changed the Ultimate Load line to the maximum it may be, according to the SDK. I don't know if there is a "default" setting, but if there is, making the rated load line any higher than 10,000 would likely set it to whatever the "default" would be. Lower than 10k? I don't know. I need to get on FSDeveloper website to see if I can find anything more abouut it.
    I haven't gotten to adjust the Tolerance Angle line yet, but it's on the list next.

I added 2 lines to the [weight_and_balance] section, just for hoist loads:
    station_name.3 = "Hoisted Cargo"
    and
    station_load.3 = 0, -8.400, 0.000, 0.000 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet)

The positioning data will need to be changed to match the sling door once Mr. Kalong get's it out. If the load is small enough to fit through the door, the load may be drawn up to the plane, then brought inside. Like a stretcher, for example.

I hope this will help a little. I keep the load about 10-15' below the plane when maneuvering, but you need to keep maneuvers GENTLE and slow. Much lower seems to give the load too much room to wave around, making it harder to damp out load motions, much less it doesn't have enough to accommodate plane maneuvers without impacting the plane, breaking the cable.

I use AICarriers to place the loads, and use the Carrier Tracks zipfile I posted earlier to give me ships in motion without having to run a second iteration of AICarriers. I have a small .cfg file for AIC for the loads. I like to keep as few .cfg files active at a time as possible, to prevent having many pages in the SHFT+J menu to search through. I can post my AICarriers .cfg file if you like, but you will need to DL and install the various loads from Hovercontrol. I should be able to find links to where I got the various loads, if needed.

Enjoy!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Ok, to get the correct positioning of the hoist, I need to ask, if I may, Mr. Kalong, sir:
    Is the hoist door the one you can see on the bottom of the aircraft, roughly between the main gear doors? Is that the one you're animating? Or is it the dark circle on the bottom, just forward of the rear ramp hinge point?
    Just wondering. I'd like to make the hoist come down from the correct place, or at least the door you're animating, anyway
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Finally can insert image on this forum.
    as you can see on picture, each color represent on box and text explanation. coordinate take from center line of the door size (2 square line as left and right door) on yellow and red color.
    Red Box are main Sling to be use all kind external load.
    use secondary sling ( if applicable) to support main sling as describe.
    fast Rope (if applicable) coordinate sling at 1/3 of upper door (count from nearest from center of aircraft).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sling door1.jpg  

Thank you very much, Mr. Kalong, sir.
    That was exactly the information I needed! I appreciate the help.
    I look forward to seeing them animated, but in the mean time, I can zero in on the correct placement of the main Hoist.

Very well presented, BTW. I will DL and keep the picture for reference.

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Ok, got it right, I do believe.
    The line in the [sling.0] should now read position = -2.7, 0.0, -4.87 //Feet from datum .
    The line in the [weight_and_balance] section should read station_load.3 = 0, -2.7, 0.0, -4.870 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) .
    I may need to fine tune that entry further, but so far...

Also, for actual sling loads (not hoist but actual sling loads), I'll be working up a [sling.1] section to add to the aircraft.cfg. Big difference is more weight carrying capability, and no up/down movement. You hover very low, like just above the load, so 10-15' off the ground, and hook up the sling with the O key, then just lift and fly away, GENTLY. Obviously, to release it, you want it a foot or less off the ground before you release it, or it will be destroyed. Bear in mind, the sling load's "bottom" will be about 10-15 below the bottom of the actual plane.
    I'll work on that in a few days,, as I have the time.

Have fun, gang. I sure am!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Ok, got it right, I do believe.
    The line in the [sling.0] should now read position = -2.7, 0.0, -4.87 //Feet from datum .
    The line in the [weight_and_balance] section should read station_load.3 = 0, -2.7, 0.0, -4.870 //Weight (lbs), longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet) .
    I may need to fine tune that entry further, but so far...

Also, for actual sling loads (not hoist but actual sling loads), I'll be working up a [sling.1] section to add to the aircraft.cfg. Big difference is more weight carrying capability, and no up/down movement. You hover very low, like just above the load, so 10-15' off the ground, and hook up the sling with the O key, then just lift and fly away, GENTLY. Obviously, to release it, you want it a foot or less off the ground before you release it, or it will be destroyed. Bear in mind, the sling load's "bottom" will be about 10-15 below the bottom of the actual plane.
    I'll work on that in a few days,, as I have the time.

Have fun, gang. I sure am!
    Pat☺
    Great! Thanks for the update and good luck for sling.1!! Looking forward to it!

Seawing

Thanks, Seawing.
    I am not sure, but I believe Rob is updating his VTOL gauge to maybe move the downward camera view to center on the new hoist position, which is as close as I can get it to centered on the Hoist Door. Maryadi is going to animate the hoist doors, so you can see why some things needed to changed. I was just trying to do what little I can to help.
    Hope you're enjoying it all
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0