beechcraft at-11 re-paints louisiana national guard and ang

Thread: beechcraft at-11 re-paints louisiana national guard and ang

beechcraft at-11 re-paints louisiana national guard and ang

Mick,

Thanks so much for these two very nice skins for Milton's lovely AT-11. You, rightly, give credit to Damian Radice for the paint kit for this gem, and I really appreciate your efforts in utilising his paint kit in the production of two very nice skins. The reflective mettalic sheen is of particular note and incredibly life-like. So thanks again.

Mal

Thanks Mal, for your kind words!

I didn't actually use a paint kit. I just started with one of Damian's paint jobs and changed the markings. So I used his skin sort of as a paint kit, but not an actual paint kit.

We've lost some stalwarts of the hobby to age and geriatric ailments, but Damian was young when he went west - still in his thirties, I believe. I was happy to consider him a friend. And he had such talent!

I'm glad you like the AT-11 skins. I can only presume that the plane's markings were updated; they probably were, but maybe not. I just really like the little touch of color that the red bar in the insignia gives those shiny silver airplanes!

Despite a lifetime of interest in aviation history, for some unexplained reason I didn't get around to joining AAHS until a few years ago. When I finally did, I bought all the back issues of the Journal and I've been catching up on all that missed reading. I seldom read an issue without finding at least one photo that compels me to get out the virtual paint brush. I'm working on one that I hope to finish today. I'm only up to the year 2001 with the Journals, so there are sure to be lot more paint jobs waiting to jump out at me!

Members who have read this thread: 0