Change of Avatars

Thread: Change of Avatars

Change of Avatars

I decided it was time to come out from behind the shadow of my former self and use a current photo, after all, I'll be 70 in April and so, yea, time for a change. The one I've been using was shot almost 16yrs ago just before we deployed to Kuwait. . .time to make it real, as they say. The pic I'm using now was shot a week or so ago with my Great Granddaughter Kinlee. Just an FYI.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Ah....a real person...

Mine's a self-portrait....or rather a caricature I did in 1991 as an FIA F1 Race Official [Comms - hence 'JAFO'] ....

....reality's too horrid to contemplate...

My avatar is pretty up-to-date.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    . . . .reality's too horrid to contemplate. . .
    I completely agree, lol

Current System Specs:

My avatar was the emblem of my Mountain Artillery Group (Asiago) in Toblach ( Dobbiaco - Bolzano / Italy ) - when I was in military service... We had mules to carry our 105 mm howitzer !
    Tasi e tira ( dialect ) means : Don't speak and work
    The more you do, the less you dream

The one I use I shot from the back seat of my brothers Mustang when we where on our way to Texas to do an airshow in 1986 !!!

Maybe someday I'll get brave and change it !!! LOL

WND

edit: HOLY CRAP, just thinking about it, 31 years ago this MAY !! How time fly's !!! LOL

My avatar is a photo of yours truly taken by the ground crew as we prepared to taxi out in a TF-102A "Deuce" back in the day, 1968. It brings back fond memories every time I look at it.
    Mike M.​

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I decided it was time to come out from behind the shadow of my former self and use a current photo, after all, I'll be 70 in April and so, yea, time for a change. The one I've been using was shot almost 16yrs ago just before we deployed to Kuwait. . .time to make it real, as they say. The pic I'm using now was shot a week or so ago with my Great Granddaughter Kinlee. Just an FYI.
    Looks good,Falcon!

Grandkids will keep you young!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by mikewmac View Post
    My avatar is a photo of yours truly taken by the ground crew as we prepared to taxi out in a TF-102A "Deuce" back in the day, 1968. It brings back fond memories every time I look at it.
    Good shot Mike. . .I worked on the 102's from 1968 to 1970 at Perrin AFB. We had several TF's.

Current System Specs:

Mine's my squadron insignia from the first squadron I was posted to, back in the day, as they say. Also helps explain my screen name
    The red SH were the tail letters on the planes. We had 35 or so at any one time. Training squadron. Of course, we all know what else SH stands for...
    This was back when '101 was in Yuma, not Miramar. They moved just as I was getting out, and transitioned to Hornets, to allow the Harriers to take over, including the ever famous Black Sheep squadron.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Looking great Ed! And the girl is lovely!

My avatar is just 3 years old.

It's not me, och no. Sorry Ed, she's better looking than you.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Mine is the very nose of the F-86K Sabre, as used by our Airforce. It was named 'Kaasjager' in the Netherlands, which is my surname, literally meaning 'Cheesehunter' or in aircraft terms 'Cheesefighter'. Hence my nickname as well.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Nice to see you as you really look now Ed. And you definitely have a lovely granddaughter.

My avatar is comrade Lilya from the comic books "Night Owl" by Yann (story) and Romain Hugault (incredible drawings!). I had my real face as avatar for a very long time, but I have chosen this avatar already quite a while ago as I think she is more pleasant to look at than I am.

As I am normally the guy with the camera I hardly have any recent pictures.

Cheers,
    Huub

A very honest move. My hat's off to you.
    And by the way, a loveley and unique scene, that interconnects with the former avatar in a very special way (in my opinion).

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    My avatar was taken when I was 63 and I was still active in the Rural Fire Service. I am seated in a Bell 412 chopper with Canadian registration. Their fire bombers were known as Wildcats. When this shot was taken I, along with several other people were on our way to an air base close to the fire. And at 63 that flight was a first. After many local and interstate flights as well as 15 hours in the left seat of a C-172 this was my first helicopter flight.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    My avatar was the emblem of my Mountain Artillery Group (Asiago) in Toblach ( Dobbiaco - Bolzano / Italy ) - when I was in military service... We had mules to carry our 105 mm howitzer !
    Tasi e tira ( dialect ) means : Don't speak and work
    in American slang... it should be: Shut up and pull...

Io sono Veneto di cuore... diciamo figlio adottivo per modo di dire..... ho vissuto oltre 25 anni a Vicenza...la mia ultima stanza con l'US Army
    a Caserma Ederle... e ho ancora la casa a Isola Vicentina... proprio verso Asiago sulla Pasuvio...

Distinti saluti,

G.

Guess it was high-time I finally added one. Dad's old blood chit, Air Transport Group pin and the "Pratt & Whitney Dependable Engines - Made by Chevrolet" emblem he took off of one of the engines he was working on.

Members who have read this thread: 0