Messerschmitt BF109G found 20 km. north of Aalborg

Thread: Messerschmitt BF109G found 20 km. north of Aalborg

Messerschmitt BF109G found 20 km. north of Aalborg

On the 27th.november 1944 obergefreiter (koporal) Bruno Krueger took off from Aalborg fliegerhorst Ost (East) shortly after he ended his life in a moore 20 km north of Aalborg.A scoolboy should write something about the second ww. He had heard a history told to him by his gran dad and he vent out with his metaldetector.The moore is now, after drainage becoming normal farming land.He got some weak signals but enough to start digging with a spade and found some smaller pieces of aluminium,telling his dad,they started digging wirh an excavator finding more and more, the engine allmost intacte even the rubber tyres on the landing gears was intact.In a depth of 8 meters they found the parashoot and parts of a uniform and human bones,an offcourse stopped digging imideately.The case is now in the hand of military autorities and police. Bruno Krueger was a trainee and was on a training mission when he crased. Aalborg was the biggest nazi air base in whole northern europe an d consist of 3 bases Ost(East) West. and a floatplane base. West is in our days Aalborg Airport the third biggest in Denmark.
    Killer Svend

Now he can be laid to rest. Any pics of the plane that show the markings?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Sorry,we where to fast, it is not Bruno Kruger, Autorities know his name,but cant be revealed before contact to the german embassy,trying to find eventually family.But you are right,he will now have a chistian funeral 72 years late,RIP.
    Will be back on the subject later,tonight on danish tv was an eyewitness,an94 year old man saw the crash the plane made some strange maneuvres before
    it went into a speep dive directly down in the swam.
    Killer svend

I wonder if he blacked out while doing some maneuvers. I don't know enough about the handling characteristics of the BF109s to say for certain. A young pilot learning to fly a high performance fighter might just try to push his luck before he is ready. Keep us posted on what they discover.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

follow up.

It still seems most likely that the crashed Messerschmidt was a BF 109 G6, Werkenummer 20672, flown by Obergefreiter Bruno Krüger, who on the 27th november 1944 was reported crashed on a training flight from Aalborg. The plane was searched for by the Germans around where it was found, but in 1944 it was a moor, and obviously not found. Today it is drained, and the plane was excavated in a corn field. The identity of the pilot, however is still not confirmed. Neither is it decided if the family wants him buried in Germany or in Denmark. Actually there is 10250 German war graves in Denmark, and Germany spends over 1 mill. Danish Kroner on the tending of them every year.
    Finn

The puzzle is getting bigger and bigger, according to german arcives Bruno Krueger was killed in a crash when flying Messerschmitt ME109G6 serial number 20.672 belonging to jagdgeswader 102 Fligerhorst Aalborg Ost it happend the 27th.of November 1944. Several pilots personal things are found,
    believe or not a readable notebook!!,pilots wallet contain german and danish money,3 condoms,and several tickets to the canteen in Aalborg Ost,these tickets wear a name,but it is not Bruno Krueger,what the name is,can not be revealed yet.The people from th museum of war was not very happy with the farmers digging with an excavator, on the other hand if he did not, we would not have had this story available.His uniform with destinktions and everyting is well kept, the reason why is most probably the soil =peatsoil with very low reaction figures- far below 7 and no oxygen around.until now no metal parts with the serial number,most probably the wings was ripped of when hitting the ground and later remowed by the germans.The gave up the rest,they had a lot of other tings to take care of in nov.1944.I am not fully aware of the fying caracteristic,except is was said that i was a deadly weapon, but only in the hands of a very expierienced pilot.In 1944 there was a deperate need for new pilots and the youngsters were thown into battle against imidiately after short training. On the 9th.april 6.30 am the first parashoot attack in history took place in Aalborg,the size of the base was 37 square kilometers,and allready in july s.y. 2 runways each 1200 meters was ready fot operation, buildt by 16000 workers,mostly danes.I will be back with mor news later on, the event is allredy mentioned in The States as CNN has been arund.
    Killer Svend

Thank you for the article,nice to se our "village" on the worldmap,it do'nt happen to offten. If the autorities think that it need to be the pilots name om the canteen ticket they might be completely wrong,tickets was traded as every thing else, it might even be a killed mans name appering on the tickets.On the 13th. november 1944 an other incident happend, a yong trainee named Frank Kovalski was killed in an allmost similar crash, so maybe something is mixed nicely up, time will show. I have the age that I remember something of the last days of the war,it was a big thrill as the the german highcommander in Denmark declared to fight to the last bullet.Fortunately Montgomery asked him not to do.Denmark,flat as a pancake, is impossible to defend.
    Killer Svend

The pilot was gefreiter(Corporal) Hans Wunderlich,born 22nd.july 1925 in Neusorg/Bavaria and the crash was in october 1944 (not november) there is no family left, so he will most probably find his last place of rest here in Denmark.RIP
    No parts found reveal the serial no. of the plane.
    Killer Svend

Members who have read this thread: 0