Manston 45 uploaded
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manston 45 uploaded

Manston 45 uploaded

Hope this works

RAF Manston 1945

Manston's my local airfield, i live about a mile east of the main runway, this scenery represents the era from
    around 1944-45, promted by my purchess of the AH Typhoon, but also Rob Richadson's Gloster Meteor mk3, that gets
    alot of flight time in FSX install

Ive made up some objects myself, but you will need IanP's and Ted Andrew's objects from---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/

RAF Manston also hosted the first Meteor jet squadron, 616, in July 1944 for training, evaluation and eventially
    V1 flying bomb chaseing, scoring there first sucsess in July 44, before redeploying to Gilze-Rijen in Holland in March 1945,
    ive included a flight of 6 Meteors using an AI version of Robs Meteor found on Robs home page---

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index

I would recommend sparce scenery complexerty as im not a fan of the Autogen, i live in the area and its not a great
    representation of the area,

I also have no idea if this works with Orbex or any other photo scenery add-on, try it a see,
    same for P3D, i dont own it so i have no idea

When not starting on runway's, i'd start on parking spots 100, 101,102. The other parking spots are given over
    to the Meteor flight on the east side of the camp.

And some more screens,

Installed and off for a test flight... So, near the battlefront, opposite of Calais ?...
    This will become handy. Thank's for this.
    My Military Flight Videos :

I think there is a problem with the runway. Ground is elevated, leaving patches
    of runway to be visible (while rest of the runway is underneath ground).
    Default FSX ground, no mesh.

Thanks, Ian. Got it installed and added Rob's meteors. Looks great. Cheers.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I think there is a problem with the runway. Ground is elevated, leaving patches
    of runway to be visible (while rest of the runway is underneath ground).
    Default FSX ground, no mesh.
    Anyone else getting this ?

cheers ian

This is what makes landscaping problem?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Its working fine on my install so i dont understand whats going on, ive got a few ideas, i'll try to figure it by tonite.

cheers ian

SOH-CM-2021
    In January and February 1945, 616Sqdn were at RAF Colerne, the first permanent jet fighter base in the UK. As somebody who spent 4 years based at Colerne, I couldn't leave that out.

Thanks for Manston Ian. I'll try it later.

Den.

Hi Ian,

Sad to have to report that GenX doesn't like it much either.

ATB
    DaveB

Ian,

Looks like there's an issue with the stock FSXA. Hard to describe, so here's some screenshots.

First one is spot view.

I should mentioned that the runway was all broken up from the VC as well, making it a challenge to take off.

When I switch to the external camera view, this is what the runway should look like.

Again, my U.K. scenery is stock except for various addon airports.
    -- WH

Have you applied a flatten polygon to your airport? Without one, these are the problems that may appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Have you applied a flatten polygon to your airport? Without one, these are the problems that may appear.

Exactly my thoughts.....

Cees

OK Guys, lets try this, open up your Manston-scenery folder and remove these 3 bgl's----

EGMH_ADEX_IE.bgl
    EGMH_ADEX_IE_CVX.bgl
    EGMH_ADEX_IE_CVX2.bgl

Once these are safely out the way, unzip these 2 replacement bgls into your Manston-scenery folder. dont worry about replacing 3 with 2, ive combined the CVX bgl's.
    If this works, i'll upload a V2

cheers ian
    Attached Files Attached Files

It doesn't improve with this "fix"...

And by the way, I get the same problem with IanP's : IJP_EGVP Airfield. By deleting the global
    scenery file though, it becomes "almost" ok, since landing airfield zone is about 1.5-2 feet lower
    than rest of the scenery.

Ive deleted this from the library for the time being. i dont understand why this isnt working, the original had a flatten polygon set at the same altitude as the ADEX project file, and i triple check'd that all altitude's were the same, 186.5 ft. runway, project and background poly. There's also an SeneryGenX airport background exclude bgl to lose the stock Manston, and the odd thing is, its working perfect on my stock install, oh well back to the drawing board.

cheers ian

The only thing i can think off is, i have UK2000 airfields installe'd, ive de-activated their version of Manston but im wondering if there's still something lurking about that alters the stock altitude.

Would someone do me a favour and give me an altitude reading in feet from the main runway of the stock Manston after deactivating mine, thanks

By deleting the global scenery file
    What global scenery file ???

Ian, V2 of the replacement bgls does not correct the problem for me.

In fact on my test flight I noticed that the runway was obscured by green mounds of landscaping as I took off from the partially visible runway. In other words the runway is not totally flat. The taxiways are fine as I've been able to taxi from different parking areas without a problem.

BTW - I noticed there was no Progressive Taxi available from parking spaces 100, 101, 102, etc.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; March 7th, 2017 at 13:44.
    -- WH

Ian,

Could it be that there's a file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery that we must get for the scenery to function properly? EGMH_ADEX_CH_ALT.BGL it could be called.

Cees

I think Cees is right.
    ADEX is a great program but it places those _alt files directly in the world scenery folder.

regards,

Jan

OK, ive just had a look in my Scenery/world/scenery folder, and would you know, there is such a file and im scratching my head and wondering how did that get there

OK Guys, try this, unzip into FSX/scenery/world/scenery. and see what happens, and if this works, i'll buy Cees a virtual beer
    Attached Files Attached Files

Perfection! Thank you so much for the effort!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

that looks better

cheers ian

Members who have read this thread: 0