Joint Strike Fighter

Thread: Joint Strike Fighter

Icon13 Joint Strike Fighter

"Two Joint Strike Fighter planes, worth around $100 million each, have been forced to stay an extra day at the Avalon Air Show west of Melbourne because there could be lightning near their next destination.
    The aircraft were scheduled to fly to Amberley, south-west of Brisbane yesterday, but will now leave today instead."

And we are buying 100 of the bloody things!
    I was far more impressed to see the first of the RAAF 'Growlers' performing.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Blog Entries
    I think they are useless pieces of junk that we are going to regret developing! We have two in Fort Worth that were scheduled for air shows that have had constant problems with...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I think this aircraft is junk. This includes all versions. Don't think highly about our newest fighters. Cost way to much for what we get. Like the Russian way of development Fast,maneuverable and reliable is key. They do it on the cheap to boot for what you get. A good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    I think they are useless pieces of junk that we are going to regret developing! We have two in Fort Worth that were scheduled for air shows that have had constant problems with...
    Ted
    Our problem has been the same old same old since the end of the Pacific War Ted.
    The RAAF top brass have always pushed for the newest and supposedly the best after being caught with mediocre equipment in 1941.
    Our Avon Sabres were really good but made it into service late, the Mirages were well recieved once the issue of 'AMD 'metric' tools' was overcome, and while the F111s performed admirabley they were far too late when delivered and we should have kept the 'loner' Phantoms.
    The thing that really irks me with the JSF program is the low spec version fobbed off to Australia, the only people getting the top of the line aircraft are America and Israel!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Take a look at the Lynx Retirement thread for my "inside" look at how Lockheed works...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The Dutch AF flew our first two F-35's from Eglin AFB over to the netherlands last summer, and included them in the large 'Air Power display' together with our F-16's. Still not the prettiest bird but it does look (slightly) better in the air.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0