LHC Proton Bullette

Thread: LHC Proton Bullette

LHC Proton Bullette

The new model from LHC Hangar released: Proton Bullette. It looks like very modern Light Aircraft but :

Introducing the exciting, classic Proton Bullette, the single seat trainer of the 1930's and 40's. The Bullette was a mix of the best of Germany's
    aircraft era, sporting a fuselage that was quite similar to the Bucker Jungman with its bowed down engine cowling, allowing pilots to see over the
    cowling much better. The wings were made similar to Junkers swept back wing design. The propulsion was the inverted V-8 by Argus
    engine company featuring 245 HP. The front cowling sported the famous scoop shape that was made famous by the Messerschmidt Me-108
    and the Fieseler Storch. Lastly, the B-37 model, the first model that went into production, featured flamboyant, full fairing landing gear designs
    that gave the Bullette a very 'stylish' 1930's appearance.
    The Bullette's cockpit was very tight which would allow only so much room for instrumentation. Some instruments were placed along the
    sides of the interior. The aircraft also featured a very small set of wings that were a mear 4.87 Meter / 16 feet wingspan, making landings faster
    then your normal aircraft of that era. With that, you had what could be summed up as a Messerschmidt Bf-109 and a Piper Cub, mixed into
    one, or perhaps a Bucker / Junkers collaberation to make a mini air-racer of the 1930's.
    http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Bullette.html

Is it fictional model? I never met the construction like this...., so perhaps yes or it was only on blue prints.

Something from Fi-156, Ju-87, Bf-109 and Hs-123 .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This comes in very high on my list, the screenshots look great and concerning Bill Lionheart´s design and addon quality it sure is a must have for me.

Especially this pre-WWII german design is very interesting, but I am a bit puzzled too about the design. Never heard of it either, nor did I find anything usefull about it with google or within other web sources concerned with german aircraft of this time period.

Regards
    Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Blog Entries
    Bill is a genius...especially at picking aircraft that you just fall in love with...FANTASTIC aircraft!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I have purchased it, as I do most all of Bill's aircraft. It is fun. But I believe it is purely fictional..........has what looks to me like the nose of a Storch or Me108, a rear fuse and tail and retracts morphed from an FW190 and a wing from a modern small pylon racer.

This is from the first post concerning the model: "New from Lionheart: the Bullette.
    A fictional 1930's racer design: http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Bullette.html

Note there's a $5 introduction offer for the first week: http://www.pcaviator.com/store/produ...e=0&featured=Y "

I particularly like the one with retractable undercarriage!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I did some beta testing towards the end prior to release and what a beautiful airplane. Best thing you can do is read the manual. Bill describes a lot of the trial and error work that went into the final design. Very interesting reading. . .plus he gives insights into flying this beauty from take of to landing. The sound set he has included is perfect for the "Inverted V-8" that drives this airplane. The addition of the retractable version was what sold me. I have enough fixed gear airplanes and this airframe lends itself perfectly to the retractable version. Well worth the price.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

175 kts IAS at 2300 rpm - pretty lively and flies like an airplane. Makes even my wheel landings look good.

Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    175 kts IAS at 2300 rpm - pretty lively and flies like an airplane. Makes even my wheel landings look good.
    I was able to push the envelope a bit and while keeping the needles under the max limits (in the green so-to-speak) could make 200kts.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Great looking and powerful little aircraft

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

The pilot is really, really nice done...
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Looks like a lot of fun to fly! Bought and downloading as we speak.

Best regards,
    Melo

I'm not usually a fan of fictional airports or aircraft, but really liked the look of this one from the start. Yet to fly it but I am looking forward to cruising along the Grand Canyon, wind blowing in my hair. Now we just need someone to take Bill's design a step further and build a real one. I think it would be a top seller.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

"Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Just purchased it last night. A real beauty as only Bill can build them

thank you Lionheart for producing great airplanes at a price point we could all afford.

if you haven't got it get it!

Wheel pants!

the design look amazingly modern for a 1930's and 40's based aircraft and it is a joy to fly

I will try repainting it very soon!

Members who have read this thread: 0