A tad bit of Install issues

Thread: A tad bit of Install issues

A tad bit of Install issues

Hey. After a few years I am again going to start back with FS9.

I installed today on a third drive, first Partition. I installed there letting the Installer make a new folder. All went well but FS9 would NOT launch. OK. So did some reading and found that Win 7 security deal would not allow FS9 to look at disk 4 in my DVD drive. So I killed that KB and all was well. UNTIL I tried to install FSX update, 9.1. That never would install stating a code 34 error.

And with that I am stumped. I would like to get this needed update up and running to allow me to use my "Crack" file to save disk 4 and keep my drive free.

Any thoughts?

Also, think I am going to upgrate GE to GE Pro and run that with my old AS6. It reads that its been produced with AS6 in mind. Anyone know what that offers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hdguy View Post
    Hey. After a few years I am again going to start back with FS9.

I installed today on a third drive, first Partition. I installed there letting the Installer make a new folder. All went well but FS9 would NOT launch. OK. So did some reading and found that Win 7 security deal would not allow FS9 to look at disk 4 in my DVD drive. So I killed that KB and all was well. UNTIL I tried to install FSX update, 9.1. That never would install stating a code 34 error.

And with that I am stumped. I would like to get this needed update up and running to allow me to use my "Crack" file to save disk 4 and keep my drive free.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Check this thread at Avsim

http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/24...ge-fs9-update/

Ttfn

Pete

Thanks Pete. I actually spent several hours yesterday researching this before I posted this. I tried it all to no avail. BUT...

I figured it out so thought someone else may encounter this .

After exhausting all that I had read and tried with no joy, I decided to look into the exe file itself. What i found I have never seen in all the years of building computers and simming.

The Exe file had a box I have never seen before. It said "This file came from another computer." Hmmm. It had a box next to it that was prechecked "Block" Ticking that it became "Unblocked" ...

Having just done a clean reinstall of FS9, the update ran without a hitch.

I downloaded the Update off a popular Sim site. No clue if their hosting it did that or my AV.But it worked. In the past always got this update from FS Insider, now gone. LOL

Now. Off to bigger and better things. My CH Yoke is using my mixture control as a rudder.. Ha ha Ha ....

Many thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0