CP-107 Argus?

Thread: CP-107 Argus?

CP-107 Argus?

has anyone produced a CP-107 Argus LRMP for FS9?
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

This was in process, http://canadairargus.blogspot.co.uk/ but nothing new there since 2013

ttfn

Pete

it seems they abandoned this project and it is a shame...Argus is a nice aircraft.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

Not an airplane that I'd be interested in, but the fact that is had been so long in development only to disappear intrigued me. The last entry on that site was January of 2013 where he indicates that it is close to initial release with just a few things to iron out. Four years later. . .Nothing. This doesn't happen a lot but I have also seen projects over on FSdeveloper that have had the same puzzling demise. . . .aircraft that are finished except for a "few minor details", and then nothing. They just appear to walk away from something that must have taken them years from concept to a finished (or almost finished) product. It's difficult for someone not in that same "realm" to grasp how you simply walk away from something like that and yes I know there could dozens of legitimate reasons for why it happens, but still, what a shame.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    ... I know there could dozens of legitimate reasons for why it happens, but still, what a shame.
    A lot of us in this hobby are getting rather long in the tooth. I suspect that illness and death are pretty high on the list of legitimate reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    A lot of us in this hobby are getting rather long in the tooth. I suspect that illness and death are pretty high on the list of legitimate reasons.
    Yea, I never want to assume that but you're right Mick, especially when a project on the verge of release just seems to stop in its tracks.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Appearances are deceptive. While sparkly models and textures seem to indicate a completed project for outsiders, an aircraft also requires adequate panels, systems, sounds and flight dynamics. And each of these items alone is a science of its own and well enough to break a developer's back. Especially when it was just a spare time endeavor.

I had it, but lost it one year ago after PC crash. Here as AI at Cartierville.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 32465451404_05eae775ca_b.jpg  

If you still have that as AI, couldn't it be tweaked to become a flyable model? I've done that with several AI only aircraft that were never produced as "flyables". Just a thought. Nice shots BTW. Kind regards, Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Appearances are deceptive. While sparkly models and textures seem to indicate a completed project for outsiders, an aircraft also requires adequate panels, systems, sounds and flight dynamics. And each of these items alone is a science of its own and well enough to break a developer's back. Especially when it was just a spare time endeavor.
    You are so right there. I have seen it often.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by jrbirdman View Post
    If you still have that as AI, couldn't it be tweaked to become a flyable model?
    It was flyable and used as AI.

Members who have read this thread: 0