Flight Replicas Douglas C-54B!

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas C-54B!

Flight Replicas Douglas C-54B!

I just came across these pictures and have to say it looks absolutely stunning! Excellent work, Mike

https://www.facebook.com/20494863290...type=3&theater
    The DC-4/C-54B has always been one of my favourites and it is very exciting to finally have one for FSX/P3D

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Oh man that looks great.Must have for me.

Anthin.

That dose look super so far

For some reason the DC-4 / C-54 just looks right. Something about the Northstar (actual aircraft, not Flight Replicas) just doesn't do it for me. However the full blown DC-4 / C-54 looks fantastic. Certainly going to be a welcome addition.

Thanks for the tip-off!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Really, really looking forward to this one! I love all of the detailed and very well done 40's-era American military radios/hardware that can be seen spread around the forward cabin - including all of the various components of the SCR-274 radio set, SCR-695 set, SCR-193 set, and more.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Who is going to do a "The High and the Mighty" TOPAC skin for this bird?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I can't look at this thread without recalling very pleasant memories of our stay in Hawaii years ago - four years. Our property manager was an Air Force pilot retiree whose career had started in the AAF in WWII. He had trained on PT-17s, BT-13s, AT-6s and AT-9s then graduated to C-47s and on up from there (with a little side time in A-26s (Korea) and B-25s). He ended his career in the mid-70s on C-141s. After flying just about everything in the MATS/MAC/AMC inventory, his fondest memories were of the C-54. He described flying that bird as just like driving a big Cadillac, with the same feel to the controls - a relatively fast response to control input, but more importantly a feeling of solidity, a smooth ride and NO QUIRKS.

BTW Jim did fly the Berlin Airlift and really racked up his C-54 flight time during that evolution.

Blog Entries
    I still fly most of Mike's planes weekly...my favorites are the 262 and L-4! His Canadair is awesome as well. Tons of detail...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Way overdue and eagerly awaited, especially as Mike always turns out a first class aeroplane.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Well great news, I really enjoy the DC-4 and while I have persevered with the JBK version it is a little tired and scratchy in the VC and graphics department. In fact I just finished a run in the DC-4 across the top end of OZ to Cairns before logging on here.

SSO1 - The same experience here with talking to old timers in the business. E K Gann remembered it fondly and host of others as well, I recall talking to an old Qantas driver years ago from the flying boat era at one stage they came up with the idea of throwing Catalinas onto the Island routes from Oz, he recalled how much he hated the Catalina, not because of its inherent vices but it leaked through the cockpit windows, the heating was crap and there was no autopilot and you did it all at 105 knots max, he said he could not wait to get back onto the DC-4 and really enjoyed his time on them.

The FR Argonaut is excellent and this will be on my must have list when it is finished. As for repaints this is going to be a fiesta as so many operators used them, just about everybody at one stage.

One of my Dad's friends and colleagues was a navigator on Beaufighters during WW2. He told us as children they came across a C-54 once. It apparently showed them a clean pair of heels, whether it was capable of it I don't know. It was a good enough story for me to remember it anyway.

ooh, lovely, really looking forward to this one!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A pipedream, I know, but if they could cover the ATL-98 Carvair conversion......

A great rendition of the DC-4 is long overdue in FSX. I already have the North Star and am really looking forward to this one!
    Cheers,
    Alex ("Badger")

My Aviation Content: [Blog] , [YouTube] & [Twitch]
    Favorite Aircraft: FSX Grumman G-21 Goose with [Redux] , [Flight dynamics] , [Sounds] & [RealEngine]

Love mikes planes

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    On my to get list.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Thanks, everyone.

(And if all goes well, someone here may just get their wish....)

Mike

My late Father (who's photo is my avatar) got to fly in a C-54 early during his time in the Air Force (he got to fly on C-46's and C-47's as well). He always told me he loved the clean lines of the type which he saw many of during his youth during the War and Post War into the 1950's before he enlisted in the Air Force. Beautiful work Mike, eager to buy her!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0