Team SDB USS Enterprise

Thread: Team SDB USS Enterprise

Team SDB USS Enterprise

I purchased the Team SDB USS Enterprise a few years ago for use on my FSX/A flightsim and now that I have upgraded to P3d, I am curious if it is
    compatible with P3d? As of late, I see vendors that sell it mention it's use for FSX and P3d and that it has a multinstaller for both Flightsims.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/produc...oducts_id=3618

The product manual for the version I purchased contains references to FSX and no mention of P3d. I find there is a P3D manual for it and that is what
    puts me in a confused state as to its compatibility for P3d. My version installer offers only to install to FSX; no option for P3d.

I put out a message to the dev site here:

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/v...f=8&t=126#p662

And got this response:
    Postby fsafranek » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:29 am
    All Team SDB Enterprise manuals are available for folks to review before purchase. The P3D manual is listed: http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/v...c.php?f=8&t=31

The P3D version requires LSO voice files since P3D does not include Mission files. The FSX version uses the default Carrier Practice mission files.

I believe our installer now supports FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D. You might consider re-downloading it to get the LSO voice files.

Hope this helps.

I was hoping and still have my fingers crossed that either:
    A. The version I have now will work with P3D or
    B. The Flightsim store will let me get a free upgrade.

Butch..

If you bought it from the Flightsim Store.. go there and log onto your account and all your orders will come up. Click on 'VIEW' (against your SDB Enterprise purchase) and you should find the download link is still active. SDB, like all other devs, send updates out to vendors so if Flightsim Store is on the ball.. the version in the download link should be the latest

ATB
    DaveB

I got it from https://www.simshack.net/products/us...x-prepar3d-682

They offer two download links:
    A. Download version purchased
    B. Download latest version

The B option will not work for me, only the A option is active.
    I posted on the Glowing heat forum about this and wanted to know if what I have
    will be compat with P3d. Got a response from fsfrank (the DEV) and advised me to redownload,
    I did and got same results: Only offers to install to FSX. The simshack page mentions that it has
    a muti-installer for FSX/Steam/P3d - I only have installer that offers to install to FSX.
    I was hoping that simshack would give me a free upgrade to P3d or get latest version
    (I did send them a msg abut this).

So, for now, I will just wait till I hear some positive response as to its compat to P3d.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Butch..

If you bought it from the Flightsim Store.. go there and log onto your account and all your orders will come up. Click on 'VIEW' (against your SDB Enterprise purchase) and you should find the download link is still active. SDB, like all other devs, send updates out to vendors so if Flightsim Store is on the ball.. the version in the download link should be the latest

ATB
    DaveB

That's odd mate because I don't believe it's been updated enough to warrant a new purchase.. only if the original was the FS9 model made under the Alphasim banner and you wanted the SDB version. You'd sure know if you were using the FS9 version!!!! When you said Flightsim Store.. I thought you'd purchased it from them.. not meaning the generic.. a flightsim store. Don't think I've ever purchased from simshack so I don't know how they operate. Let me go and look at the paperwork for my version (think it was from FSPilotshop). There.. you get the same download link and an indication when the product was last modified.
    ATB
    DaveB

I've managed to manually install it from FSX to P3d and works good. Got the AICarriers to going to so I can call the Big E when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    That's odd mate because I don't believe it's been updated enough to warrant a new purchase.. only if the original was the FS9 model made under the Alphasim banner and you wanted the SDB version. You'd sure know if you were using the FS9 version!!!! When you said Flightsim Store.. I thought you'd purchased it from them.. not meaning the generic.. a flightsim store. Don't think I've ever purchased from simshack so I don't know how they operate. Let me go and look at the paperwork for my version (think it was from FSPilotshop). There.. you get the same download link and an indication when the product was last modified.
    ATB
    DaveB

OOPS! Wrong forum. How y'all doin' ?
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Is there a updated manual for the Big E for use in P3DV4? Thanks, NC

Blog Entries
    I thought I'd post in here a problem I've had recently with the legacy (not the "Final Cruises") version.

So periodically, I'll find I'll attach successfully to the catapult, using CTRL+U for launch bar, CTRL+I for arming the cat - but when I try to launch (CTRL+SPACE BAR), nothing happens. Will happen on all aircraft, and (what appears to be) randomly. In all cases, whether the cat works or not, trap functions work fine.

What makes this situation perverse is I've lost my original FSX installer, which as I recall I bought from FSPilotShop. So I have no means for reinstalling the package to see if that cures it.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to solve this, that'd be great. I'd like to (and likely at some point will) get the newer CVN-65, but my real interest remains the older (in this case very late 70s/very early 80s) cruise fit that the first of the two configurations enables. I'd like to avoid having to repurchase the FSX version now, at a time of reduced salary, etc.

Thanks

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    I thought I'd post in here a problem I've had recently with the legacy (not the "Final Cruises") version.

So periodically, I'll find I'll attach successfully to the catapult, using CTRL+U for launch bar, CTRL+I for arming the cat - but when I try to launch (CTRL+SPACE BAR), nothing happens. Will happen on all aircraft, and (what appears to be) randomly. In all cases, whether the cat works or not, trap functions work fine.

What makes this situation perverse is I've lost my original FSX installer, which as I recall I bought from FSPilotShop. So I have no means for reinstalling the package to see if that cures it.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to solve this, that'd be great. I'd like to (and likely at some point will) get the newer CVN-65, but my real interest remains the older (in this case very late 70s/very early 80s) cruise fit that the first of the two configurations enables. I'd like to avoid having to repurchase the FSX version now, at a time of reduced salary, etc.

Thanks

dl
    PM me. Maybe I can help.

In the meantime I'll go check it out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    PM me. Maybe I can help.

In the meantime I'll go check it out.
    Very kind, Frank. PM sent.

dl

Blog Entries
    So I thought I’d post an update.

First, thanks to Frank for getting my download sorted. But then the issue presented again “randomly”.

Until I figured it out. SWS. Lol. If after starting the sim and launching and spawning any carriers using AICarriers, everything is fine. If during that session, however, I remove that formation and launch SWS Fleets and then later go back and launch and respawn AICarriers again, then all of my cat functions in all my AICarrier formation carriers gets disabled. Problem goes away when I shut down the sim and restart.

It’s a weird use case for most “normal” simmers. But since I’ve been doing a lot of testing lately, this has been a common pattern. For normal flying, I’d usually launch one or the other placement tool and stay with that for the duration of the session. I can live with it, but figured I’d update for folks having interop issues like this. For somewhat of a corner case, it likely not worth starting a ticket with SWS as they’re up to their armpits in alligators over just getting planes to sit right on the catapults.

Thanks DL, doing some more testing based on your findings and will report back.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Testing as well, but not using AICarriers in v4.5, only VRS and SWS for all the boats I own along with vLSO. Tested Big "E" with DCD Rhinos last night and no issues using Tacpack to spawn, so there's one to check off.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 2