What is this line?

Thread: What is this line?

What is this line?

Hi!

I don´t know what this line or shadow is! It follows me everywhere. No matter where I fly, no matter which a/c I do have. this is not a big issue but - frankly - quite irritating.

Anyone able to figure what is it all about? Is it because of P3D, ASN, my videocard or something else?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shadow 2.jpg   shadow.jpg  

It's not the LOD boundary is it? Could you post a picture (or two) from top down view. Sometimes a detail1.bmp (eg grass, asphalt, snow) texture can have a colour cast through it, and can cause discolouration around your aircraft. Try turning off the "land detail textures" setting and see if that makes a difference.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Hera are some pic of it. It is in every direction of my plane always in the same distance. So I am never going to reach that line.

Here are my settings for the P3D:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s3.jpg   s2.jpg   s1.jpg   s4.jpg   s5.jpg  

And one more, different airplane, different scenery.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-2-27_15-25-35-932.jpg  

Looks like the terrain shadows or cloud shadows.

Correct. I believe it's your terrain shadow cast distance. Try turning it off. See if it goes away.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Correct. I believe it's your terrain shadow cast distance. Try turning it off. See if it goes away.
    ...or maybe increasing it ? Could keep your shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    ...or maybe increasing it ? Could keep your shadows.

That is what I did and the problem is solved. Thank you!

Members who have read this thread: 0