Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic - Page 6
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Sorry, I misunderstood.
    You will need the interior model from the earlier version.
    Perhaps easier just to install the earlier version if you want the modern cockpit.
    Last edited by ncooper; March 19th, 2017 at 14:01.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Yes, as far as I can tell, your observations are all spot on. Apparently FSX maintains a cache of textures, and when you reload what it thinks is the same plane, it doesn't always reload all textures. Repainters come across this often, for instance they change the general shine of the surfaces, reload the plane, see no change at all, add some more shine, reload, see no change etc etc. I mainly use two ways of forcing FSX to display the current set of textures: restarting FSX or loading another texture-intensive plane that clears FSX's texture memory and then reload the plane you want. This second option is slightly less time consuming than a wholesale restart but can only be done safely when on the ground.

Thank-you, very much for the prompt reply, Manfred.

I run my FSX with minimal 'tweaks' and as far as addons go, I value quality vs quantity, and hence my sim is fairly lean, although sometimes I go a bit overboard with repaints (this C-47 has 16 total to date ... and counting..).

I was beginning to wonder if that was too many for one particular aircraft and perhaps I should get rid of a few, but I figure if they're installed correctly, then the only limiting factor is memory space of which I have enough on my 2 TB HDD.

Just wanted you guys over at DDW to know that this aircraft already more than rivals many top-end payware models, and to think that it is still in the 'development phase' just blows my mind !

Cheers,
    MZ.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood.
    You will need the interior model from the earlier version.
    Perhaps easier just to install the earlier version if you want the modern cockpit.

Thanks for the reply,s and i will instal a earlier version.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Please post any feedback or support questions here.
    Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I just registered to say thank you to all the people behind this wonderful plane !

Cheers,
    "j4"

Thank you to all involved for these updates and enhancements.

Now, how do I get my F12 key to show "View down/ plan view" rather than looking at the starboard engine and wing please? I had it working on my last install but for the life of me I can not seem to remember how it was done...!?

Any help would be fantastic! I have even scrolled through my last .cfg file but can not see any difference (in the cameradefinition logs) anywhere?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Hello,
    If you look for
    HotKeySelect=
    at the bottom of any camera definition entries and delete or comment out that line, it should
    do what you want and still have the extra views.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hello,
    If you look for
    HotKeySelect=
    at the bottom of any camera definition entries and delete or comment out that line, it should
    do what you want and still have the extra views.
    Thank you very much Nick. I found that I had not done the two back strokes to the hotkey=4....

Cheers,
    Tim.

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth

Kid on a DC-3

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Really great aircraft, will there ever be a civil version of this (DC-3). I flew on an Ozark DC-3 from Cedar Rapids to Chicago when I was a kid and always hoped for a great version of this plane to come to flightsim.
    A long time ago I was helping my cousins at the farm in Hermiston, Oregon, and I stepped on a nail. OUCH! They "med evaced" me to my home in Portland on a DC-3 out of Pendleton. I got to go up to the cockpit as we were flying over the Columbia River. I wonder what airline that was? Maybe I can find out on the DC-3 Airways forum. Thank you for all your efforts here, and on the A2A forum!

Seeya
    ATB

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth

Thank you for this wonderful aircraft!

I just wanted to thank the developers for this wonderful aircraft! It's right up there with my A2A favorites! My trusty old MAAM DC-3 has been traded off for this fine machine. Looking forward to a flight from KJFK to Martha's Vineyard today.

Seeya
    ATB

Icon2 P3D fsuipc button map and primer switch in VR (flyinside)

I have some questions on the Manfred C-47 and a request.

1) I fly in VR and with FSUIPC on p3d. I have trouble with mapping my buttons to known functions (fsuipc list) for the starting sequence. How can I map my buttons to operate the fuel pump, boost pump, starter, and primer.

2) with flyinside I cannot operate the primer switch because it is a spring and hold switch. I need it to be an on off like the other switches.

3) I recently flew DC-3 owned by airborneimaging. I do not have the time or knowledge to do a repaint. Can someone help me out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/billword/17204909777/

Search N92578 for more images. Current paint is two tone grey.

A uniquely outfitted aircraft as it is fitted to carry two MTS sensor balls for testing purposes.

An awesome freeware aircraft for sure. It was pretty easy for me to get in the VR environment and feel like I was right back in the real aircraft.

In P3D Can't See Paratrooper Textures

Great aircraft, one of my favorites . . prior to the last update, myself and three others struggled to get the Paratrooper 'Spooky' texture to work. Now with this update, it's the same issue.
    We are running in P3D and we only see the Eastern Air Transport Services . . . try the download for the MAAM and it crashed P3D.

Any help with the textures would be great. This aircraft is being used in the not yet released SEA FSX@War Campaign . . it's in beta testing now. See attached picture were the C-47 is used during a re-supply mission in Laos.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...21-46-121.jpeg

Thanks,
    Chopper

"Spooky" is a gunship not a paratroopers aircraft!!!!

I think you mean European air transport service not eastern air transport service.

If you add a copy of your aircraft.cfg file I will try to help.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    "Spooky" is a gunship not a paratroopers aircraft!!!!

I think you mean European air transport service not eastern air transport service.

If you add a copy of your aircraft.cfg file I will try to help.

Cheers Chris

Chris . . thanks for the reply . . I got the Spooky textures to load.
    It's hard to get everything right on these aircraft being just a dumb old pilot.
    Any suggestions for Navy or other US military textures for the C-47??
    Thanks,
    Chopper

During a dusk flight, I've noticed that the fluorescent instruments light doesn't work
    Someone else has esperienced the same?
    FSX+Acc + update installed as instructions
    The more you do, the less you dream

Hello,

It works only at night or when the simulator automatically switches panel lighting on.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hello,

It works only at night or when the simulator automatically switches panel lighting on.
    Thank you Nick

Just wanted to stick my oar in here and say, whilst the myriad improvements are absolutely wonderful and much appreciated - the truly superlative bits and bobs are in the ADE. AM has struck yet another Six! The airframe is solid and predictable, flight path and vertical path stable, with none of the pitch/power/yaw interaction that was present earlier.

On final, in a stiff crosswind, she requires a delicate hand on the controls, yet she is confidence inspiring and obedient to intelligent input. In an almost white out at Homer the other evening, she flew to minimums, to break out and chirp down, where many a lesser airframe would have gone around and gone home.

She flies like a Dak and that's the highest praise I can summon- BRAVO ZULU!

Best- Carl

PS- Herr Jahn- your creation has risen to new, heretofore unimaginable heights. Thanks for inspiring this sort of collective greatness amongst her aficionados!

I fully agree! This bird is a piece of jewellery indeed

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    During a dusk flight, I've noticed that the fluorescent instruments light doesn't work
    Someone else has esperienced the same?
    FSX+Acc + update installed as instructions
    Works fine here.. Dusk/Night/Dawn... you know it takes a few seconds for the switch to turn from 'Start' to 'On', right ?...

This at dusk with fluorescent lights on :

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Works fine here.. Dusk/Night/Dawn... you know it takes a few seconds for the switch to turn from 'Start' to 'On', right ?...

This at dusk with fluorescent lights on :

Yes I know it, but it was not very dusk, it was an early dusk, ( more or less 40 mins before dusk) so for sure for the software it wasn't a
    dusk even if the daylight was almost gone and it was quite difficult
    to read the instruments. Thank you

Hello all!

I'm new to the SOH forums, and I'm having some issues with the Douglas C-47 v3.14 for FSX in Windows 10.

I was able to install the 3.12 version with no issues, and it works great in FSX for me.

As for 3.14, I believe I have installed the airplane according to the readme instructions (deleting the 3.12 version etc.), but when I am in any of the cockpit views, virtually everything is "blacked out" other than a few things such as some gauge outlines. The view out the cockpit window is black as well. If I go to spot view, everything looks fine.

Does anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong, or have to do to correct this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Where would I find the sound wave for the brakes, I find the sound of the brakes very grating and would like to change it

If you prefer no sound, go to the default simulator sound folder and find the file silence.wav.
    Make a copy and rename it to SB01_Brakes.wav.
    Copy it into Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds.
    Let it overwrite.
    Otherwise, choose a sound you do like, name the file SB01_Brakes.wav and put that in there instead.
    Regards,
    Nick

If you prefer no sound, go to the default simulator sound folder and find the file silence.wav.
    Make a copy and rename it to SB01_Brakes.wav.
    Copy it into Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds.
    Let it overwrite.
    Otherwise, choose a sound you do like, name the file SB01_Brakes.wav and put that in there instead.
    Excellent thankyou

Does the stewardess ever say anything? After about 40 hrs I haven't heard a word. Stewardess is checked on the checklist cover.

Members who have read this thread: 1