Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Yes, as Nick says, plus edit mon.xml in panel/Monitor as follows:

1 - make a backup copy of mon.xml

2 - Go to line 1722 or find "-- GPS --"

3 - Replace line <Click>225 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>
    by
    <Click>14401 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>

Brilliant Manfred, thanks from me, I would never have got there
    and it is today's new thing learned for me.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Yes, as Nick says, plus edit mon.xml in panel/Monitor as follows:

1 - make a backup copy of mon.xml

2 - Go to line 1722 or find "-- GPS --"

3 - Replace line <Click>225 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>
    by
    <Click>14401 (&gt;K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)</Click>
    Works like a charm!

Thanks Nick and Manfred!

The plane is excellent!

I fly P3D4 using a 4K monitor. Any possibility of being able to scale the control panels & checklists to be bigger without undocking and moving to a different monitor?

Love the a/c!

edit: just occurred me to try to drag and resize them. Worked. <sigh> getting old, I guess.

Thanx,

Vic

Vic, it may be worth your while to have a look at the respective [windowXX] definitions in panel.cfg.

Once you have a "pixel_size" line there you can increase the width/length values by a constant factor. As you can see this has already been done for the "Status" (Shift-2) window because the pixel_size line reads

pixel_size=275,470 //220,376 ori

i.e., it has been upped from 220,376 to 275,470. Take care not to overdo it because the underlying rather small images will tend to get blurry quickly.

Thanx Manfred. I'll play around with that setting.

Vic

no vibration on right engine startup

Hi, I have a problem that has just started.
    When I start the right engine I no longer see the aircraft vibrate ( in the vc)
    starting the left engine I see the vibration and the compass bounce and shake.
    It used to work but for some reason has stopped.
    Any ideas?

Heya Doc, nah... engine smoke might've slightly deluded you...right engine never induced any vibration on its own. Probabely because it still sits tight to its frame much better than the left engine which might have some screws loose...

Seriously, we just couldn't get vibration going upon starting the right engine. Have to live with that for now. We'll certainly give it another go when the time comes.

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Heya Doc, nah... engine smoke might've slightly deluded you...right engine never induced any vibration on its own. Probabely because it still sits tight to its frame much better than the left engine which might have some screws loose...

Seriously, we just couldn't get vibration going upon starting the right engine. Have to live with that for now. We'll certainly give it another go when the time comes.

Cheers,
    Jan
    must be engine smoke. i could have sworn it vibrated the first few times I started up.
    Thanks anyway. Great aircraft by the way. loving it

Paratroopers = black rectangles

Could it be that my computer has a graphic card that doesn't match? Geforce 750. It's all right anyway. The addon does work. Still, any suggestions?

C-47 9Q-CUK Cong Queen for v3.14? Repaint?

The repaint i use now for 9Q-CUK is for v2 and I managed to use it on v2 skis. It looked in the instructions like it could be used in v3.14. Am I wrong? I tries once, but I didn't see it on the list.

Or is anyone remaking the repaint?

https://www.dc-3.se/vallentuna/ and picture below. The site is in swedish so you'll have to Google-translate is. Ĺke Jansson is a former Congo bushpilot, so he really knows how to handle a DC-3/C-47. Especially on short runways.

9Q-CUK

I'm no expert but have you tried changing this line in the aircraft.cfg file
    From sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.2
    To sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

Cheers
    Rich

Also, black parachutists will be missing textures from the Effects\texture folder.
    Please take another look inside your download, where you should find them.
    Regards,
    Nick

SOH-CM-2017
    Ron Attwood has done Congo Queen. You can find it here:

https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=196977
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Thanks Jeff and Rich.
    The corrected aircraft.cfg entry for this repaint is

[fltsim.XX]
    title=Douglas C-47 V3 Congo Queen
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=Congo Queen
    kb_checklists=C47_check
    kb_reference=C47_ref
    atc_id=9Q-CUK
    ui_manufacturer="Douglas"
    ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"
    ui_variation="V3.14 Beta"
    ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby=Digital Dakota Works
    description=VVC Beta V3.14 Civilian version
    Regards,
    Nick

My dream for this baby is to be able to switch the airspeed, altitude guages from down low up to where the VOR 1 guage is at. In other words, to put the vor down below and have the guages from below put up higher. The reason is that I like to use 1.0 zoom as this has been calculated to be the most life like perspective using 16x9 screen and wide view aspect. I use this on all my planes, so you have to back up the cam to eggt that zoom, other I can cut back to 90, but with this plane the airspeed, and altitude are too low and it makes me have to use two cameral positions in Opus, one lokking straight out for landing but can't see the guages, and one pointed down so I can see the guages. On most every plane those guages are at the top of the panel where one camera view can be used to land and see at a level position out the winshield while also seeing the guages.

On some planes, where the individual guages have their own lines in the VC section of the panel cfg I can swap them around, like on the Ds18 that Manfred made. I brought the altitude and speed guages up and swapped them. But this baby doesn't have single guage lines that I can see in the VC section, it must have a single guage pack that has all of them in it just like the Flight 1 Islander. I wanted to move the altitude guage in that up and swap it but that must have one guage too as the entire 6 pack.

So is there any way to swap the lower and higher up guages so I can be able to have my importand guages up near the top of the panel so they can all be seen in one cam view out the front?

I do love this plane, oh man, I was dreaming of it last night after messing with it and trying to set it up for my personal taste.

Thanks for this work of art.

Hello,
    the short answer is no.
    Sorry.
    Regards,
    Nick

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,

This should do it.

Aircraft.cfg file, [lights] section, copy and paste all of this over all of the existing light.6 line.

light.6 = 1, -35.75, -1.75, -2.9, fx_beacon ,

FSX

P3Dv4

Thank you! We've got the lower beacon now. MUCH safer!

Seeya
    ATB

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I wish to change the views using the F11 and F12 keys. At the moment pressing either key gives you either the left or right engine views. I want to change them back to the default outside and top down views. I know it has something to do with the camera views but that is about it.

I did read in a post how to do it but cannot find that post so if someone can point me to it I would be very grateful.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hi Aussie,
    The key/view assignments are not unique to any particular aircraft. In the control settings "View" section you'll see references to the Views you want and can be assigned as desired.
    Jim F.

Hello,
    I believe the answer is to comment out the HotKeySelect= entries
    in the engine camera views in the aircraft.cfg file.
    Regards,
    Nick

Fuel Gauge?

Does anyone know what file I need to access in order to change the color of the needle in the fuel gauge. It needs to be a bright yellow or bright red.
    Unless I zoom in drastically, I can't see what the fuel level is. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Does anyone know what file I need to access in order to change the color of the needle in the fuel gauge. It needs to be a bright yellow or bright red.
    Unless I zoom in drastically, I can't see what the fuel level is. Thanks for any input.

The texture for the fuel-quantity-gauge needle is on 'vvc_9.dds' inside the default 'texture' folder. It's the white with orange tip line right of the fuel gauge image. You might want to change it on vvc_9_'spec' and '_LM' as well.

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The texture for the fuel-quantity-gauge needle is on 'vvc_9.dds' inside the default 'texture' folder. It's the white with orange tip line right of the fuel gauge image. You might want to change it on vvc_9_'spec' and '_LM' as well.

cheers,
    jan
    Thanks Jan, much appreciated!

Members who have read this thread: 1