Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Does the stewardess ever say anything? After about 40 hrs I haven't heard a word. Stewardess is checked on the checklist cover.
    Yup, Nancy is there.
    If you want to play the sounds with your wav player to hear the sound bytes go to SND_Calls and there are a few female sound bytes

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds\SND_Calls

AD-26 thru 22 WAV FILES.

I made a small fix for the paratrooper effect, so it looks a bit better in P3D. I'm not sure if it scales exactly like in FSX, but at least it's a lot closer.

Changes:
    In [ParticleAttributes.0], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=0.00".
    This makes the pre-parachute-opening sprite scale (better) with distance.
    This is only active for 1.5 seconds, but it looks odd when it doesn't scale at all.

In [ParticleAttributes.1], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=1.00".
    Now the open parachute sprite scales (better) with distance, and the parachute doesn't gradually become 2 miles wide.

Oh, and removed two conspicuous "i"'s from [Emitter.1] "X Rotation", changed from "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00ii" to "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00".
    The "i"'s don't seem to have any adverse effect, they just don't look right!

(I have attached a small ZIP file with the updated effect to this post.).

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Penz; April 17th, 2017 at 02:32.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Yup, Nancy is there.
    If you want to play the sounds with your wav player to hear the sound bytes go to SND_Calls and there are a few female sound bytes

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405\Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14\panel\DGSounds\SND_Calls

AD-26 thru 22 WAV FILES.
    Found those but during flight she is absolute silence. One good thing about Microsoft Flight, you can make the passengers scream and toss their cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    I made a small fix for the paratrooper effect, so it looks a bit better in P3D. I'm not sure if it scales exactly like in FSX, but at least it's a lot closer.

Changes:
    In [ParticleAttributes.0], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=0.00".
    This makes the pre-parachute-opening sprite scale (better) with distance.
    This is only active for 1.5 seconds, but it looks odd when it doesn't scale at all.

In [ParticleAttributes.1], changed "X Scale Goal=-1.00" to "X Scale Goal=1.00".
    Now the open parachute sprite scales (better) with distance, and the parachute doesn't gradually become 2 miles wide.

Oh, and removed two conspicuous "i"'s from [Emitter.1] "X Rotation", changed from "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00ii" to "X Rotation=0.00, 0.00".
    The "i"'s don't seem to have any adverse effect, they just don't look right!

(I have attached a small ZIP file with the updated effect to this post.).

Thank you for fixing this issue. Very clever how you fixed it Now my troopers 'chutes aren't a mile wide when they deploy in P3D Mode

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Ah yes Dennis, "based on" or "inspired by" I think

is this repaint avaible?

Only for the MAAM sim DC3, sorry.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Morti_UK View Post
    is this repaint avaible?
    From the looks of that repaint, it's only available if you're smoking something you shouldn't, or eating some mushrooms that aren't sold in stores!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Engine Smoke Again

Setting up this great update and found that I can only see the engine smoke from the rear. In a previous thread I found where I need to "You will need to run the effect through the Fixer's conversion. Then it works as it should from all angles." from NCooper. I assumed he was talking about Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer...but I can't find anything that says "Fixer's conversion" in any of the program's files nor is there anything with that terminology in his manual. Looked in the Fixer Toolbox but it would not work with the "Cranky" file.

So my questions are:
    1. Is there some other Fixer Conversion program that I should be using?
    2. If I need to use Steve's program what, exactly, do I need to do?

Thanks,

Here you are

Regards,
    Nick

Secret HQ in the Snoqualmie Valley, USA, Planet Earth

Will the C-47 work on P3D v4?

I wonder if the Manfred Jahn C-47 will work on the new, soon-to-be-released P3D v4?

Thank you
    ATB

I'll let those who really know settle it, but most of what I see are .xml files. So, it's likely to work all right. We'll have to see.

Problem with GSX

If I use GSX with the aircraft I loose Nancy, until I get airborne. When I activate her at the start she says Hi but shortly after the check mark is gone and I can't reactivate her until I'm airborne. If I deactivate GSX than all is fine.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks

Cancel previous post about GSX...my fault (it usually is)...not a problem with GSX.

Will the C-47 work on P3D v4?

Quote Originally Posted by Paughco View Post
    I wonder if the Manfred Jahn C-47 will work on the new, soon-to-be-released P3D v4?

Thank you
    ATB

Looks and flies as usual - perfect...

Is lacking fluorescent instrument lights, no switch click sounds, no Ernie/co-pilot voice...

Hello,
    Fluorescent lighting still works.
    In fact it looks better than it does in FSX.

The sounds rely on Doug Dawson's gauge which needs to be made 64 bit.

Last edited by ncooper; June 3rd, 2017 at 00:28.
    Regards,
    Nick

The sounds rely on Doug Dawson's gauge which need to be made 64 bit.
    A lot of aircraft would be very happy if that should happen, not just the C-47.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    A lot of aircraft would be very happy if that should happen, not just the C-47.
    Alternatively it's now possible to play sounds from an XML gauge natively in P3D v4

Please post any feedback or support questions here.
    Thanks.
    Beautiful work in all respects as far as I am concerned. I love flying this thing, and the VC graphics/accuracy is superior to any payware I have ever used (and there are MANY!).

One question I hope someday will be answered in the positive - will there be a DC-3 external model at some point (no astrodome, cargo door, etc)?

Thought folks might enjoy watching this modern training video:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    the VC graphics/accuracy is superior to any payware I have ever used
    I don't intend to downplay the quality of the C-47 but I feel it's a bit over the top. Did you put your hands on A2A B-17?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    I don't intend to downplay the quality of the C-47 but I feel it's a bit over the top. Did you put your hands on A2A B-17?

Well AC, with all due respect, I don't believe the A2A B-17 (which I have) competes with Jan and team's rendition of the C-47 cockpit, but such things are inevitably highly subjective. Let's just agree that they did a damn good job on both aircraft.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Icon5 Para Trooper Help

I can't seem to get the para troopers to jump out. I've read the thread about the help tips but that doesn't seem to help. Are the Red and Green lights supposed to light when you flip the switch? I can't hear the para trooper chatter but I get the call outs from the co pilot. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Alternatively it's now possible to play sounds from an XML gauge natively in P3D v4
    Could you please help with instructions how to do this
    Thanks in advance if you can help.
    Regards
    Bob

Members who have read this thread: 1