Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Icon26

Hi,

Thank you all for a wonderful model! I love the new night lighting in the virtual cockpit!
    I do have a couple of questions, though.
    I've noticed a loss in power in the upgrade from v3.12 to v3.14. I can no longer achieve a cruise of 135 knots with 29.95" and 2050rpm. I can no longer climb at 105 knots without running the engines in the yellow. Was this on purpose or am I missing something?
    The other thing is I installed the pack to park the RDI and ADF needles, they seem to no longer work, with our without avionics power. The control panel says I'm recieving the station, but the needles don't move.
    One last thing... On the new revised checklist, when checking the control surfaces for free movement, the sounds played for each position keep repeating until I get the control back to center. (This didn't happen in the first version. The sound only played once.)

Thanks again and any ideas on getting the RDF and ADF needles pointing again, or do I need to wait til the next update for that?

Thank you,
    Yours,
    Randy Cain

Sorry, but I don't see how to edit posts in this forum. I need to remove my comments about the ADF and RMI needles not working. I must have been out of range of the stations.

My questions about the power still apply, though.

On a separate note, where are the edit and delete buttons in these forum posts?

Have you checked your max gross weight? Maybe you're too heavy? MTOW increased from 26,200 to 31,000 pounds in the newer version.

Best regards,
    Christian

Raf kg374

Hi,
    Hope I can get some help with this. I appear to be missing a guage in the RAF KG374. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by paulopp View Post
    Have you checked your max gross weight? Maybe you're too heavy? MTOW increased from 26,200 to 31,000 pounds in the newer version.

Best regards,
    Christian
    Hi, Christian. Thanks for the reply. Yes, the default payload with full fuel, as loaded when you select the plane, is still under 31,000lbs. ..but that didn't turn out to be the relevant issue.
    I found my mistake.
    I was in the process of flying flying across the country with version 3.12 and had just landed in Boise Idaho. I upgraded to 3.14 at Boise and took off from there to go to Rapid City, SD. It wasn't freezing on the ground or the air I was flying in, but it was getting cloudy and rain. I was flying into the back end of a front. What I didn't realize was that the "H" default carb heat key only turned on the Prop De-ice, not the Wing de-ice or the carb heat. My bad. That's why I wasn't getting the power I was thinking I should have.
    I went to Galveston in no weather and 29.92 and checked the take off on several weights and fuel loads, and no problems maintaining power, so that must have been it.
    Sorry for the knee jerk post, but I was a little freaked at the time.

Again, I love the new lighting and thank you all so much for your efforts!
    Yours,
    Randy Cain

Quote Originally Posted by dbutterf View Post
    Hi,
    Hope I can get some help with this. I appear to be missing a guage in the RAF KG374. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dayle
    You are missing 'metal.dds' and 'markerlts.dds' from the latest C-47 package ( Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405.zip ). Looks like you're missing the texture for the armrests as well ( vvc2bump.dds ). Don't forget to add the corresponding night textures as well ( ... _LM.dds or ... _L.dds ). There might be more textures missing.... You're using a VVC texture repaint set that fits the earlier VVC version, not the latest one...

cheers,
    jan

I've also just realized that I haven't heard a word from Nancy since I upgraded to version 3.14. I've tried all the models, and from a scratch flight, not a previously saved one.
    I also notice that I have to help the checklist along. It doesn't play through to the end of each list on it's own now. I mean, sometimes I have to go back and click on the next item of the list to get it going again. It played through in version 3.12. Is this on purpose?
    Please let me know what I may have missed. Thanks.

Yours,
    Randy

Certainly not on purpose, Randy. Personally i have not been able to get continuous flow of the audible checklists neither. We have tried everything in the book to overcome this but sofar to no avail. It certainly works better than before but the flow can still come to a halt somewhere along the line. I can usually pick it up by clicking the next checklist.

Good things usually don't come easy..

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by RandyCain View Post
    I've also just realized that I haven't heard a word from Nancy since I upgraded to version 3.14. I've tried all the models, and from a scratch flight, not a previously saved one.
    I also notice that I have to help the checklist along. It doesn't play through to the end of each list on it's own now. I mean, sometimes I have to go back and click on the next item of the list to get it going again. It played through in version 3.12. Is this on purpose?
    Please let me know what I may have missed. Thanks.

Yours,
    Randy
    set cold and dark and open door, in the checklist switch on all voices on.........then it work for me......

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Certainly not on purpose, Randy. Personally i have not been able to get continuous flow of the audible checklists neither. We have tried everything in the book to overcome this but sofar to no avail. It certainly works better than before but the flow can still come to a halt somewhere along the line. I can usually pick it up by clicking the next checklist.

Good things usually don't come easy..

cheers,
    jan
    Hi Jan,

A couple of things that I have noticed, in trying to figure this out, is with the new checklist, the prompts to "click here to begin....", like the one at the top of the 3.12 version checklist, no longer appear. I don't know if that's just my video card or a draw order mistake, but it's not showing up.... as well as the "Prev" and "next" page prompts that normally appear on the bottom corners of the pages. Those aren't showing up on all the pages, either, but they still work.
    I did finally hear Nancy at the beginning of one flight, but I haven't heard her again... at least not yet.
    I did discover that if you click the underlined section title of each section of each checklist, it will begin the automatic run of that section of that page of the checklist. I like the idea, but I never saw anything about it in the instructions. I found it be accident.
    I noticed you don't have to start your flight all over again if the checklist gets out of order now. That's cool, too.

Could there be something in the address lines in the new checklist playlist? Like maybe a typo in the address line of the Nancy voice files that just got copied over and over again so only her messages aren't being played because the playlist can't find them?

I've also just realized that I haven't heard a word from Nancy since I upgraded to version 3.14.
    Yours,
    Randy
    Have you turned her on?

She always says hello if you do and sometimes brings you a coffee.
    She has quite a bit to say but you need a lengthy flight and to remain in the VC to hear it.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Have you turned her on?
    Hmmmm... so many things I could say about that line.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hi Nick,

All the sounds for the pilot, copilot and Nancy played just fine in the 3.12 version of the checklist.. I don't know what changed, but something did. I haven't tried the paratrooper model yet in either version, though. Does the paratrooper model turn off Nancy?

Hello,
    Does she not even say Hello Boys a few moments after the pilots have spoken?
    Regards,
    Nick

Nick,

I've heard AD-5.wav play one time, when I restarted the plane and the sim from scratch and turned on the list, etc. ..but I've heard none of the sounds that are only Nancy's voice in the last 10 or so hours of flying and trying.
    But AD-5.wav has all 3 of their voices, not just Nancy's.

Does the paratrooper model turn off Nancy?
    i think so

Something I just noticed...
    When you turn on the CallOuts and the Stewardess, the Interphone switch turns on automatically now. It didn't in 3.12... BUT, when you turn off Callouts, but leave Stewardess ON, the Interphone switch turns OFF, eventhough it should still be ON.
    Maybe trying it the way it used to be, having to manually turn the interphone switch turned on might be part of the problem, or at least a symptom?

It also occurs to me that the random comments from Ernie and copilot dont play nearly as often, if at all. ..but all the checklist items still play just fine.

Hello,

I have never tried just Nancy, perhaps that's what is the matter.
    The "Callouts" switch is a "master switch" for the crew callouts and the "Nancy" switch
    is an addition to that.

Try opening the door, then switch both on and when you close the door, Nancy will speak.
    She does not speak if you turn the "Callouts" switch off first and she does not speak if you
    turn off the "Stewardess" switch off either.
    Regards,
    Nick

Something I just noticed...
    When you turn on the CallOuts and the Stewardess, the Interphone switch turns on automatically now. It didn't in 3.12... BUT, when you turn off Callouts, but leave Stewardess ON, the Interphone switch turns OFF, eventhough it should still be ON.
    Maybe trying it the way it used to be, having to manually turn the interphone switch turned on might be part of the problem, or at least a symptom?

It also occurs to me that the random comments from Ernie and copilot dont play nearly as often, if at all. ..but all the checklist items still play just fine.
    try switch cold and dark,open door1,switch callouts and stewardes on..........then it work

Nick,

In version 3.12, turning off Callouts did not turn off Nancy. But even when I make sure I've done all the chocks, x's and door opening, and Cold Start and Nancy and Ernie and the Co-pilot have greeted each other, I've been flying for several hours and it's not just Nancy that's not playing, it's also the random comments made by Ernie and the copilot that aren't playing, either.

Banjoman,

Yes, I made certain I did those things. I've been using version 3.12 for at least a couple of weeks and the crew sounds have worked flawlessly for me. With Nancy, with and without the Callouts. The one thing I haven't tried are the paratroopers.

Are there updates I might try to correct this, or do I just need to wait for the next update?

With all due respect, properly installed, there isn't a problem, so there isn't likely to be an update
    to address it.
    Do you think it might be worth your while to re-install the aircraft?

It might be best to put your existing installation aside, install the latest version and confirm that in its
    untouched form, it works.
    When it comes to the vioces, select both "Callouts" and "Stewardess" and leave them both selected throughout the flight.

The second alternative could be for you to revert to the earlier version if you can make that work.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick and thanks for the prompt reply.

Absolutely, I will remove the whole thing and start over. I would ask that instead of releasing a patch at a time, the team would repackage everything into a new release that simply contains everything so far, that just replaces all previous updates, patches, fixes, exterior model patches, etc.

From what I've seen here in the library, as well as over at Flightsim dot com, I'm not the only one that's a bit confused as to which updates are to be dropped in on top of the others, or replace the others, and in which order they should be installed. Some of the files in them were created on the same day, so the file creation date doesn't make it real clear either.

I'll give reinstallation a shot. Oh, I never had any problems with version 3.12. Everything worked just fine.

Thank you!

Hello,

The only file you need is douglas_c-47_beta_v3.1405.zip at the Avsim Library.
    Regards,
    Nick

Strange ... an updated file containing the full package including the V 3.14 fixes, called V3.1406 (check version number in Shift-4 Monitor), should be available ... but for some reason I can't find it either here or at Flightsim? So, ftb, you may try downloading from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj862ztqra....1406.zip?dl=0

That said, Nancy does seem to be very elusive on my new P3D setup. We'll have to ask Daniel, perhaps he can tweak her back into action.

Thank you, Nick.

Yes, I did find what I did wrong. ..and yes, you got it.

I saw, "Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405" and assumed it came AFTER instead of before "douglas_c-47_beta_v3_14_fixes". I'm just checking the 3.1405 base package now, and yes, all the checklist sounds are working now.

Sorry for the confusion.

One thing, the sounds for checking the control surfaces, on check list, are repeating... looping, until you return the control to center. This is true of each of the control surface tests. They didn't loop in version 3.12, they only played 1 time for each yoke and rudder position.

Thanks for everything!
    Yours,
    Randy

Members who have read this thread: 1