Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

No Paratrooper to see

In P3d V3.4 I was trying the paratrooper V3.14 Beta with 3.14 fixes applied and using directions as follows:

TO ENABLE PARATROOP OPERATION
    1. Open Paratroop door (Door 04) while on the ground (from Monitor Panel or with keyboard) and leave it open the entire flight.
    2. Leave Paratrooper lights OFF. These replace the "Seat Belt" and "No Smoking" lights in the special Paratrooper model with Red Light and Green Light.
    3. Climb to a minimum of 800 ft above ground.
    4. About 2 minutes before arriving at drop area, turn Red Light ON. You will hear the Paratroop leader shouting "Red light! - Stand up." The troop will respond "Stand up..." Then you will hear "1 minute!"
    5. After 1 minute or so, turn Green Light ON. You'll hear the Paratroopers exiting the plane.
    6. You cannot re-start this sequence again in the air. You must land before each new drop.

I toggled the red light and heard the attention and stand up and I heard but did not see the paratroopers leave the plane. I wanted to try this out one more time to see if I could
    see the troopers bail out. It would work for me in FSX/A but in P3d I am not seeing the paratroopers jumping out of the plane.

I didn't see a green light below the red light (was I supposed to see one). Now sometimes I can toggle the red light and no voices then after a moment I toggle the second toggle (Green light) and hear them say "GO"
    No trooper animation.

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    If I delete the existing C47 file. Then install the C47 V3.12 beta and then the latest .14 file will that be a correct installation?

Thanks,

Tom
    If I am not mistaken, then you should remove the 3.12 version and then do a clean install of the 3.14 version.

Make sure to backup any liveries you may have installed and their aircraft.cfg entries
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

That's correct Manfred.

To install V 3.14, delete V3.12 totally from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

When installing (copy + paste) any effects etc with the new 3.14 version be sure to allow the new files to overwrite the existing files.

Same goes with the new fixes, overwrite any existing files.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    That's correct Manfred.

To install V 3.14, delete V3.12 totally from your Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

When installing (copy + paste) any effects etc with the new 3.14 version be sure to allow the new files to overwrite the existing files.

Same goes with the new fixes, overwrite any existing files.
    I am a little confused now. The previous post says to install V3.12. Then you say to it delete totally. Then install V 3.14.

Are you saying to install V 3.12 then install V 3.14 over it and then uninstall V3.12? Does this mean that the parts of 3.12 that are overwritten will be saved when you when you install 3.14?

Thanks for the help,

Tom

I am a little confused now. The previous post says to install V3.12. Then you say to it delete totally. Then install V 3.14.

Are you saying to install V 3.12 then install V 3.14 over it and then uninstall V3.12? Does this mean that the parts of 3.12 that are overwritten will be saved when you when you install 3.14?

Thanks for the help,

Tom
    No. Delete v3.12 first - all of it, except any liveries you want to keep - then install v3.14.

Dave

Icon14

and after Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 the last patch............Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes

Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405

Okay, I have backed up current C47 folders that I had installed in P3d v3.4 and did a fresh install of Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405
    I followed the check list procedures (even ticked the paratrooper option) and even though the checklist only closes the doors
    (I have to manually open doors 1/2/4/ on the shift 4 keys) then do that after takeoff checks, this leaves me to fly a little bit till
    it is time for the troopers to bail out. So I go for the first toggle swtich, I hear the sarge yell stand up and some other such commands.
    then I go for the next toggle, I hear the bug out and also hear them (not see them) bail out. I am in spot view as soon as I hear them
    bail out, there is nothing to see but a airplane with doors open wide.

In Fsx it all works as advertized as I can see the trooper jump out and hit the silk and their chutes open up. Not this way in P3D V3.4 (At least for me)

Now I just wanted to try a bear bones install of Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.1405 after I have removed what I had in there before - That is all backed up.

So, any one else out there in P3D land having this issue not seeing the troopers bail out? I remember reading in the manual for an older version that the paratrooper
    was not meant for P3D. Wonder if that still holds?

paratroopereffect does not work in p3dv3........
    if you see nothing then this effekt is not installed,have you install the other effects and texture to effectfolder?
    check if you see red VC light? if not check maineffect folder if you miss,the files are in the 3.14beta planefolder and need to put in maineffect folder......

Paratrooper work in P3D

The paratrooper effect does work now. I found one effect file that I failed to install.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    and after Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 the last patch............Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes
    Thanks Dave and Banjoman for all of your help. I have it installed and running.

Tom

Strobe light switch.

Hallo,

Why is there a strobe light switch installed in the overhead panel.
    In the earlydays there where no strobe lights installed on the C47/DC3 models.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

cabin seats

Hallo,

Is there also a cabin interior avail with normal cabin seats.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Quote Originally Posted by willemkelder View Post
    Hallo,
    There is one? I never noticed.

Hallo,
    Not for the current versions, sorry.

Thanks Dave and Banjoman for all of your help. I have it installed and running.

Tom
    You are Welcome!
    Nice to hear............

cheers
    Ralf

Paratrooper operations in P3d

I wanted to show what the paratroopers look like in P3d 3.4 as that bail out of the airplane. At first, they look normal like in FSX/X and in the following photos, notice how the canopies grow into
    something really, really wierd...

Canopies are starting to look wierd

Paratrooper operations in P3d contd

As you can see the canopies are stretched from side to side.
    In the manual it states:

Note: Paratroopers in P3D don’t look quite right when they jump (it’s not their grease paint and heavy load, it’s a P3D thing), but otherwise everything works as described.

So is this a P3D thing?

Switching Between Paratrooper and Non-Paratrooper Versions

Hi Guys,

I just updated this wonderful C-47 model to the latest V3.1406., and all files seem to have installed OK, as changes and improvements are visible.

Everything I tried so far works well, ... except I found when switching between the various 'non-paratrooper repaints' I have acquired so far, and the original 'default paratrooper version' (my only paratrooper version), while FSX is running (by using the top drop-down menu and using the 'select aircraft' option to switch to a different repaint ), it seems that the switch labels do not always change to the 'red light - green light' configuration in the VC when I call up the paratrooper version, but will eventually display correctly if I switch views from VC to external view and back, or move around the paratrooper aircraft for a bit, switching the VC views several times etc..

This never happens when I load up FSX from scratch and load the paratrooper version as my initial aircraft.
    It happens almost at random and usually after I have already made numerous C-47 aircraft repaint changes from within FSX using the drop-down menu (all while FSX continues to run).
    It almost seems as if the sim seems to get confused with which files to get to display the paratrooper version correctly/completely and needs to 'clear it's mind' by having me exit the sim and do a complete fresh re-start of the sim.
    I know FSX is full of many 'quirks', as I have come across several in my 'travels' .... perhaps this is another ?

Cheers,
    MZ.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I just updated this wonderful C-47 model to the latest V3.1406., and all files seem to have installed OK, as changes and improvements are visible.
    Everything I tried so far works well, ... except I found when switching between the various 'non-paratrooper repaints' I have acquired so far, and the original 'default paratrooper version' (my only paratrooper version), while FSX is running (by using the top drop-down menu and using the 'select aircraft' option to switch to a different repaint ), it seems that the switch labels do not always change to the 'red light - green light' configuration in the VC when I call up the paratrooper version, but will eventually display correctly if I switch views from VC to external view and back, or move around the paratrooper aircraft for a bit, switching the VC views several times etc..
    This never happens when I load up FSX from scratch and load the paratrooper version as my initial aircraft.
    It happens almost at random and usually after I have already made numerous C-47 aircraft repaint changes from within FSX using the drop-down menu (all while FSX continues to run).
    It almost seems as if the sim seems to get confused with which files to get to display the paratrooper version correctly/completely and needs to 'clear it's mind' by having me exit the sim and do a complete fresh re-start of the sim.
    I know FSX is full of many 'quirks', as I have come across several in my 'travels' .... perhaps this is another ?
    Yes, as far as I can tell, your observations are all spot on. Apparently FSX maintains a cache of textures, and when you reload what it thinks is the same plane, it doesn't always reload all textures. Repainters come across this often, for instance they change the general shine of the surfaces, reload the plane, see no change at all, add some more shine, reload, see no change etc etc. I mainly use two ways of forcing FSX to display the current set of textures: restarting FSX or loading another texture-intensive plane that clears FSX's texture memory and then reload the plane you want. This second option is slightly less time consuming than a wholesale restart but can only be done safely when on the ground.

Gray Eagle, yes, we need to get or make a better P3D parachute effect. BTW, the plane has a dedicated paratrooper door, doors 1 and 2 should never be open in flight because they would tear off.

Hallo

Goeiedag Willem,

If you mean the anti-collision light, actually it happend to be the first switch i installed in the OH panels...

It sat right there in the OH panel photo that i used for reference and you gotta start somewhere... ;-) It's not working, someday we'll find use for it.

Hallo,

Like Manfred says, not now, no. But i see a fully fledged civilian DC-3 in my virtual dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Goeiedag Willem,

If you mean the anti-collision light, actually it happend to be the first switch i installed in the OH panels...

It sat right there in the OH panel photo that i used for reference and you gotta start somewhere... ;-) It's not working, someday we'll find use for it.

Like Manfred says, not now, no. But i see a fully fledged civilian DC-3 in my virtual dreams...

Thanks for the reply, and Yes the anti-collision light switch

I hope so because these models are very nice with all the possibilities.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Yes, as far as I can tell, your observations are all spot on. Apparently FSX maintains a cache of textures, and when you reload what it thinks is the same plane, it doesn't always reload all textures. Repainters come across this often, for instance they change the general shine of the surfaces, reload the plane, see no change at all, add some more shine, reload, see no change etc etc. I mainly use two ways of forcing FSX to display the current set of textures: restarting FSX or loading another texture-intensive plane that clears FSX's texture memory and then reload the plane you want. This second option is slightly less time consuming than a wholesale restart but can only be done safely when on the ground.....
    Thanks this confirms a suspicion of mine that was what was happening with some repaints I was attempting.

And what can I say to the TEAM that made this wonderful aircraft come to life in FSX but thank you. Made an old aviator very happy indeed. A quick flight about a bit sloppy on the speed and attitude control and yep it bounces like a demon just like the real thing did, I had forgotten this one vice, don't get it right your going to kangaroo down the runway or go around.

panel Bufallo Airways C-GPNR

Hallo,

I have the following question,

I like to install the panel and the aircraft from the V2 version (Bufallo_Airways_C-GPNR) in the new V3.1405 version.
    I did some attemps like normal when you instal a panel but nothing seems to work here.

I needs to change something in the texture.cfg and in de aircraft. cfg but i think i foregot something but what?

hope you can help
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Hello,

Probably this line in the aircraft.cfg entry
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

and maybe the texture.cfg to

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    Regards,
    Nick

Gray Eagle, yes, we need to get or make a better P3D parachute effect..

Hoping for a fix for the P3D parachute effect.

BTW, the plane has a dedicated paratrooper door, doors 1 and 2 should never be open in flight because they would tear off.
    Now it makes since, when I would open Door 4 only a tiny area would open but as I now find out, that's all that is needed for the paratrooper
    to use to jump out.
    Last edited by gray eagle; March 19th, 2017 at 13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,

Probably this line in the aircraft.cfg entry
    sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.5

and maybe the texture.cfg to

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
    fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Texture
    fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
    yes but i like to use the modern bufallo panel with this liverie if i do this the old time panel is visible.
    rgds Willem Kelder.

Members who have read this thread: 1