Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    It may be caused by the FSUIPC setting as well.
    Yep yep yep. Exactly what it was. Whoopsie! Thanks!

Just to update my bug list from before -- as you suggested, you can strike both the battery level and the VOR tracking off the list. I do believe the battery gauge is inop, but, the level as reported in the monitor panel seems to work as it should. (Don't know if that qualifies as "bug" or "haven't gotten to it yet.")

One more to report, though -- an addendum to the report about the "see you later, Ernie" sound clip being triggered by pulling the mix to zero even when F/O callouts are turned off -- it's not actually the mix lever that triggers this (as I'm sure you well know), but ANYTIME one of the engines cuts off, even if unintentional. This includes failed start attempts and loss of power due to carb icing, and the dialogue doesn't make sense for either situation. Perhaps consider redirecting the triggering action to turning both mags off?
    Last edited by rmsjr1974; February 11th, 2018 at 17:17.

What about the Sperry update by Dutch.Did that finally get sorted.

If so can we expect an update?

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rmsjr1974 View Post
    Just to update my bug list from before -- as you suggested, you can strike both the battery level and the VOR tracking off the list. I do believe the battery gauge is inop, but, the level as reported in the monitor panel seems to work as it should. (Don't know if that qualifies as "bug" or "haven't gotten to it yet.")

One more to report, though -- an addendum to the report about the "see you later, Ernie" sound clip being triggered by pulling the mix to zero even when F/O callouts are turned off -- it's not actually the mix lever that triggers this (as I'm sure you well know), but ANYTIME one of the engines cuts off, even if unintentional. This includes failed start attempts and loss of power due to carb icing, and the dialogue doesn't make sense for either situation. Perhaps consider redirecting the triggering action to turning both mags off?
    Yes, the see-you sequence is played when both engine rpms reach zero. Agreed, mags turned off or reaching the last item on the checklist shutdown page might be a better solution.

Sorry, don't know the state of the Sperry mod.

FWIW here is a small fix that corrects the see-you greeting as discussed above, and also gets rid of a minor syntax error reported elsewhere.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2iffbevz7...ngfix.zip?dl=0

Due to not using FSX for quite awhile, it was only a few weeks ago that I installed this plane.
    Just want to say Thank You to everyone involved with this project, the more time I spend with it, the more I realize how much time and patience was put into it. It has to be one of the best planes I've gotten in the 15 or so years I've been using FSX.
    The one item I am most looking forward to in any future update is instrument lighting, as most flights I make are in conditions where the panel is not that easy to see such as Dawn or Dusk.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    FWIW here is a small fix that corrects the see-you greeting as discussed above, and also gets rid of a minor syntax error reported elsewhere.
    IW plenty! LOL! Thanks -- will test on my next flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    The one item I am most looking forward to in any future update is instrument lighting, as most flights I make are in conditions where the panel is not that easy to see such as Dawn or Dusk.
    You need it brighter than this? If brightening up the cabin lighting would do it for you you could try adding more fx_vclights to the aircraft.cfg.

Mods please delete this post

I think it’s just perfect, requiring a bit of squinting every now and then, whilst I mop my brow and mutter about fog and its permutations during letdowns into Cox’s Bazaar I wish I had a torch- JUST
    PERFECT....

MJ, you Jan, Ted, Gordon & the rest have given us a precious gift- Danke mein Herren...

C

[QUOTE=mjahn;1127649]You need it brighter than this? If brightening up the cabin lighting would do it for you you could try adding more fx_vclights to the aircraft.cfg.

Thank you for the reply. What I have turned on are the "Instrument Panel Light" knob and the "Cabin Lights" switch, neither seem to provide any lights to the panel.
    There are two "Florescent Side Lights" Knobs that I cannot get to work, the tooltips pointer do not work when I hover over them. I tried the "L" on the keyboard which seems to turn on every light on the plane, but has no effect on the Florescent light knobs.

I went through the manual and there is the note "Cockpit Lighting (FSX) planned for future update." So I assumed that as for now, they do not work. From the picture you enclosed, they do work, I must be missing something.
    Thank you again for a masterpiece!

Make sure you have version 3.14; sounds like you may have .12 still

Quote Originally Posted by rmsjr1974 View Post
    Make sure you have version 3.14; sounds like you may have .12 still
    Thank you, That was the problem. A great plane even better now.
    When I went to download this last week, I went to "Warbirds Library" and then clicked "Hot". The C-47 was the first thing listed and I downloaded it thinking it would be the latest version. My fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    The C-47 was the first thing listed and I downloaded it thinking it would be the latest version.
    Here's a link to the latest package including all but one update. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj862ztqra...ta_V3.1406.zip For the speech system fix see above on this page. Also check out the excellent sound set by Mike Maarse here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5&linkid=23264

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Here's a link to the latest package including all but one update. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zj862ztqra...ta_V3.1406.zip For the speech system fix see above on this page. Also check out the excellent sound set by Mike Maarse here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5&linkid=23264
    Thank you, will get the latest update installed.

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some help getting this amazing bird working in P3D v4.1

I absolutely loved flying this in P3D v3, but I have tried installing V3.1405 and then the 3.14 fixes, and the C47_dsd_fsx_xml_sound_x64.gau, but I no longer get the virtual pilot reading the checklist. I get all other sounds, and I can press on the checklist items with the mouse, but when I press on the checklist header, nothing happens.

I also noticed that clicking the fuel quantity or payload in the fuel window highlights them, but they do not change.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help available.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by LCYCowboy View Post

I also noticed that clicking the fuel quantity or payload in the fuel window highlights them, but they do not change.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help available.

Neil
    See post #370
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks MrZippy That answers the second question.

Should I be expecting the pilots voices and the vocalised checklist in P3D v4.1?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a moron! I found the correct 64bit sound gauge now (I should have read the whole thread, sorry again)

Fantastic to have Ernie back!!!!!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by LCYCowboy View Post
    Thanks MrZippy That answers the second question.

Should I be expecting the pilots voices and the vocalised checklist in P3D v4.1?
    Looks like you have the proper sound gauge installed for P3D V.4 Here is another one, just in case. https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...or-p3d-v4.199/

I wonder if you found the same gauge that I just posted??
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2iffbevz7...ngfix.zip?dl=0
    Works as advertised from where I sit. Thank you!

Found another minor but kind of weird issue with the RMI. It seems like when I am tracking an outbound course of some sort and the nav-aid tuned on NAV2 is immediately at my 6 o'clock, when it passes from slightly before 6:00 to slightly after 6:00 and vice-versa, the RMI pointer spins all the way around past the 12:00 position to get to it.

No complaints! I just want to thank everyone involved for such a great add on! I have just installed the 64 bit Doug Dawson sound widget. Really enjoying having the crew back! Enjoying the C-47 immensely, definitely on par with the best payware aircraft out there. Better than most actually.

Thanks again and cheers!

Delivering the groceries on a cold Sunday in NWT, Canada.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TgDNq6.jpg  

Hello to the MJ/JV et al C-47 Team-

I just wanted to bump this beauty to the top. Each time I spend time with this priceless creation, she thrills and delights. I just shut down at Cox's Bazar after a delightful morning of dodging rainstorms, and I'd swear my brow is at least as wet as the windscreens... so ta!

Best- C

My dad told me an interesting story yesterday.
    In 1956 he was a fresh new pilot flying F-86's in Korea. Flying time was tough to come by at that time, especially for the new pilots, so his CO had him and a few other new guys work with the ROKAF as "advisors"....which he said was strange since most of them had combat experience and two even had some US kills from when they flew for the Japanese.....but I digress...

Anyway, his CO wanted to fly a C-47 to Taiwan for the weekend and needed a co-pilot, so my dad volunteered. At one point they landed in Okinawa to refuel and when they went to resume the flight, one of the engines wouldn't crank.
    The maintenance guys tell them that the starter needed to be replaced. The CO say "bull****!" tells them to bring him a bunch of rope. He wraps the rope around the prop hub and ties the other end to a jeep and tells the crewman to drive like hell when he gives him the "thumbs up" signal. He hops in, sets the switches and gives the signal. The jeep takes off and the prop started spinning and it was enough to get it fired up....just like a lawn mower. My dad said he wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't seen it. They flew on to Taiwan and then downed to plane for maintenance.....and ended up being "stuck" there for a week because they had to wait for the part to be sent. I'm sure you couldn't get away with something like that these days.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Members who have read this thread: 1