Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Update Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3.14 feedback and support topic

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Nick,

That was perfect and they looked great...however...I lost my "Cockpit Lights"

Thanks,
    I suspect that you do not have fx_vclight_c47v3.fx in your effects folder.
    The VC light should be red.
    In case you haven't, I have attached a copy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by triflyman View Post
    Nick,

That was perfect and they looked great...however...I lost my "Cockpit Lights" (that Orange Glow) with this change so had to revert back to my saved .cfg file. When I put in the above and turn on the Cockpit Lights, they flash quickly and go out.
    Can you tell me how to fix as it really looks good with the lighted windows.

Thanks,
    That's a sign of too many light effects too close to each other, all based on computer performance, so it won't affect everyone. Maybe split up the aft lights for less overhead.

[lights]
    //new MJ
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
    light.0 = 1, -57.65, 0.00, 13.6, fx_beacon , //un-comment for c47_2 model
    light.1 = 10, -5.05, 0.00, 2.3, fx_vclight_c47v3 ,
    //light.2 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.3 = 10, -18.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    //light.4 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.5 = 10, -22.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    //light.6 = 10, -24.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.7 = 10, -26.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    //light.8 = 10, -28.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.9 = 10, -30.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    Roman

Thanks.

I tried your advice and saw no difference but I am sure you are correct.
    I didn't see much less light either, so your way is also a viable alternative.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by spokes2112 View Post
    That's a sign of too many light effects too close to each other, all based on computer performance, so it won't affect everyone. Maybe split up the aft lights for less overhead.

[lights]
    //new MJ
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
    light.0 = 1, -57.65, 0.00, 13.6, fx_beacon , //un-comment for c47_2 model
    light.1 = 10, -5.05, 0.00, 2.3, fx_vclight_c47v3 ,
    //light.2 = 10, -16.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.3 = 10, -18.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    //light.4 = 10, -20.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.5 = 10, -22.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    //light.6 = 10, -24.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.7 = 10, -26.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    //light.8 = 10, -28.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    light.9 = 10, -30.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclighth ,
    That fixed it...thank you, to both, very much. I know this is a minor thing...but does make flying more enjoyable.

Now, off to finish my 1941 American Airlines "The Mercury", flight 3, from New York to Los Angeles...overnight with sleeper births.

Where ? Where ? Where ?

Quote Originally Posted by rampa View Post
    Doug Dawson's sound gauge is ready and now our C-47 is flying in 64 bit. One possible issue: I can't change the fuel, pax and cargo payloads from the panel, but only through the p3d menu.

Where ? Where ? Where ?
    do we get this updated gauge ?

Well, here's one source...
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...auge-released/

Manfred-

If I could be curious, without being pushy, could I hesitantly ask if there has been any progress worth revealing, re. a new comprehensive installer for P3D v4?

As ever, obliged- Carl

Hello,

The only modification needed to make the aircraft model virtually P3Dv4 compatible
    is the sound gauge which is linked to in this topic.
    It is also pinned at the top of the SOH P3D forum.

There are a couple of other 32 bit gauges that mainly allow you to vary the fuel load
    in the Control pop up.
    You can still do this using the built in P3D fuel and payload function.
    They have not yet been upgraded to 64 bit but are not crucial to the operation of the aircraft.

I would have said that for all but the most pedantic, the aircraft is already compatible.

For these reasons, I do not forsee a full P3Dv4 ready version for a while but as the sound
    gauge update is so small and easy to do, this should not stop anyone from enjoying the C 47
    in P3Dv4 now.
    Regards,
    Nick

Douglas C-47 Beta V3-14 War Model Belly Beacon

Belly beacon is missed in the model 1 (War model)? How to restore?
    Thanks

As FAIK the wartime planes didn't have a belly beacon. If you want one you can define it via the [lights] section in the aircraft.cfg.

Hello,

This should do it.

Aircraft.cfg file, [lights] section, copy and paste all of this over all of the existing light.6 line.

light.6 = 1, -35.75, -1.75, -2.9, fx_beacon ,

FSX

P3Dv4

Last edited by ncooper; July 15th, 2017 at 02:44.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    As FAIK the wartime planes didn't have a belly beacon. If you want one you can define it via the [lights] section in the aircraft.cfg.
    There were no anti-collision beacons of any sort installed on aircraft during WW II. George Whelen invented the rotating anti-collision aircraft beacon in 1952. Factory installation of beacons on commercial aircraft began in the mid-1950's. In the late 1950's and beyond, many aircraft not originally fitted with a beacon had a beacon added.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks a lot folks
    Eduardo

Anachronistic VHF Antenna on C-47 Wartime Model

Manfred's C-47 Wartime exterior model has a VHF antenna just ahead of the astrodome. VHF Aviation
    radio was not in use prior to 1960s on civilian aircraft and the military used and still uses UHF
    and HF for commo. Military used GCA in lieu of ILS, and TACAN in lieu of VOR. The VHF Ominirange
    system was developed in the late 50s and became widespread by the early 60s, as was VHF aviation
    voice radio. A VHF antenna is as anachronistic on the wartime model as is a red rotating beacon.

One sees the VHF antennas on contemporary flying warbirds to permit use of civilian VHF radio COM
    & NAV. The military uses UHF for most voice communications.

Perhaps the VHF antenna might be removed from the C47V3_1 wartime exterior model? It would be more
    authentic in most cases. And perhaps it might be deleted from the C47V3_2 post-war as well?

And as noted, a VHF antenna would rarely be seen on a US Miliary C-47 in any era. Nor would it be
    seen on a civil C-47 or DC-3 prior to the 1960s.

Hello,

In the interests of debate only, I have read that the European Air Transport Service began in 1945.
    I see that the short description in the aircraft.cfg file reads description=VVC Beta V3.14 Civilian version,
    that presumably being a description of the VVC, rather than the aircraft.

I can find only one picture of an EATS aircraft and it does seem to have the antennae.

Given the huge variety in the surviving aircraft, it would be difficult to add models with all the variations and
    there do seem to be many with these antennae, though it would be difficult to date them.

Airports are modeled for the flight simulator as a "snapshot" of how they were when the developer looked at
    or photographed them, perhaps it is the same with the EATS model of this aircraft.

Here are a few more, some seem to be DC3s, interesting images in any case.

Regards,
    Nick

Perhaps Manfred will make you a special model.
    Regards,
    Nick

Thanks Nick! I also got some wartime pics here, showing a variety of aerials including what looks like this special one, but aft of the astrodome. Removing it wouldn't be difficult, I'll think about it when I get back from hols.

One of the problems with modeling a vintage aircraft, especially one like the DC-3/C-47, which has been flying from 1936 to today, is the vast array of options and modifications applied to the aircraft. As I see it, the C-47 Beta Version 3 is pretty correct for a C-47 being flown from the late 1960's to around 2000. The radios are too modern for a WW II aircraft, and the lack of a GPS in the virtual cockpit does not look right for an aircraft earning its keep today. But, even with that, it is the best C-47 for FSX and it is given to us as freeware!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Absolutely agree Stansdds, Manfred's C-47 v3 is a real gem! My observation on the VHF antenna was just a bit of polish, not a criticism. I tend to enjoy flying using older navigation systems, ADF and radio range. These systems I learned when I began flying in the 1960s, and I am comfortable with them. I can use GPS, but still get the most fun out of exercising the old systems. Dead reckoning pilotage still keeps me amused. Flying the Omnirange is about as "modern" as I get!

While I would like a more "period correct" model, what we have now is just about as good as it gets! I don't have the ability to build these fine examples of technical art, I really enjoy flying them. To me, accurate systems performance is the goal.

Am I doing something wrong

I like to apply HotKeySelect= to various camera views to be able to click from the keyboard right to a particular view and not have to use a hatswitch. I had no problem assigning them to the camera views in the aircraft.cfg and they work perfectly going right to the view. My problem is...as not with other aircraft...none of the switches in the camera view are clickable, only in the main VC which I have to hat switch navigate to. Any help, suggestions or a future fix to come? Hats off to you guys for this aircraft. I love the new night lighting and have had it since you first made a download available. I will continue. I just found the Hump mission in avsim I believe it was and will be flying it soon.

Kohlsman Setting

The altimeter has a barometric pressure window but no way to set it (I see) except the "B" key in FSX. Is that true? I would add a gauge for it myself but all the VC cockpit gauges are not visible in FS Panel Studio. I was able to make the popup windows larger for myself to see them better. Again thank you for the great aircraft.

C-47, Multi-player mode, no prop animation on the Host?

I thought I'd take Manfred's wonderful C-47 with Buffalo Paint out for a spin with PMDG's DC-6 with Buffalo Paint at CYZF as a tribute to the death of three of the Buffalo team since 2012. Unfortunately my attempts to get the prop animation working on the Host PC when in Multi Player mode have failed (this is in P3D V4).

Quick video demonstrating the problem (engines are running and props spinning on the client PC, but not on the Host PC):

https://youtu.be/Zpju5Gv-Vhs

Other aircraft prop animations are working, but sadly just not Manfred's C-47. Welcome and suggestions to correct the problem?

Cheers, Rob.
    "Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge." - Carl Sagan

Originally, one could only see the propellers spinning on another player's
    C 47 if one was in a C 47 oneself.

Also, the propeller animation on the player's aircraft was only the same
    as on the host's aircraft, so if one was parked with the engines off, any
    other C 47s on the screen also had static propellers, whether their engines
    were running or not.

This was corrected during beta testing for FSX and P3D.

Perhaps there is something in P3Dv4 multiplayer that has undone this.

The Real Air Duke B60 has the same problem still in FSX and P3D.
    Regards,
    Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response, this was a case of operator error (aka me). I had not applied the "Fix" to C-47 v3.14.

https://youtu.be/T7_wePVWLM8

All good and working exceptionally well now.

Cheers, Rob.
    "Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge." - Carl Sagan

Still Wondering Why

Does anyone on the development team know why all the buttons and switches work in regular VC but NOT in the camera views. It is more convenient to use HotKeySelect keys to go directly to areas of the cockpit. I can go there perfectly but none of the switches work in those views. Otherwise I think the new version and I have applied the fixes is fantastic. Especially the luminous gauges at night. WOW!!! Is it realistic. I have wanted to fly for the past couple of days but real life got in the way. I hope to fly in just an hour or so today. Looking forward to new tweaks and surprises. I have been watching the WWII training video I downloaded and then getting in the cockpit and it is like time travel. Thanks so much for ALL your hard work on this and sharing it. I have payware that is not nearly as good.

Members who have read this thread: 1