2017 Daytona 500

Thread: 2017 Daytona 500

Lightbulb 2017 Daytona 500

- Gotta love "Larry The Cable Guy"
    - PERFECT TIMING by the USAF Thunderbirds!

What a wreck fest this has turned into!

Hey All,

This new staged format has more potential than I thought.

Kyle needs to quit whining about Goodyear as their tires are fine and learn about camber unless a splitter cut his tire earlier.

What is up with McMurray - stoopid aggressive.

Gawd would I luv to see a hellcat in NASCAR.

Maybe... From last Dec.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...rejoin-nascar/

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Kyle needs to quit whining about Goodyear as their tires are fine
    This would not be the first time Goodyear has had problems with their tires in NASCAR. The most obvious example I can think of offhand: 2008 Brickyard 400

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Gawd would I luv to see a hellcat in NASCAR.

Maybe... From last Dec.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...rejoin-nascar/
    That would be nice.
    Derry Hoggatt
    2014-2017, 2019+ Around the World Race Team Outhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    - Gotta love "Larry The Cable Guy"
    - PERFECT TIMING by the USAF Thunderbirds!
    The Thunderbird flyover was cool! They and the Blue Bugs have been doing flyovers for years. How come nobody ever though of this before?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

I started watching at "stage 2", which I didn't understand at first having not followed the 2017 rule changes. The Monster Girls are a nice addition. Glad one of my 2 wheel series started this weekend. Agree, T-Birds were pretty cool, not as low as the RNLAF Apaches from last year's COTA F1.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Hey All,

When only one driver is complaining about the tires - it ain't the tires.

It was a crash fest - they'll figure it out. I didn't mind seeing Kurt win - of the people left I was pull in for the 5.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Awesome seeing Haas/Kurt Busch & MONSTER take the win!

I watched it from start to finish. It was a crash fest with only 25 cars remaining on the last lap, perhaps it should have been named the Daytona Demolition 500? McMurray caused two of the crashes with just insanely aggressive driving. He certainly did not win any friends yesterday, especially after taking out Jimmie Johnson.

I must admit, I was incredibly skeptical of this new format, but it did turn one long and often boring race into three races and kept it exciting.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Check out their new rule book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16730526_1710454305861885_8431890068774562821_n.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Check out their new rule book.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0