Anyone seen this one or perhaps purchased this Bulldog?

Thread: Anyone seen this one or perhaps purchased this Bulldog?

Anyone seen this one or perhaps purchased this Bulldog?

Good looking model but before purchase, would like to hear other's opinions.

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/in...3d/sa-bulldog/

From the pictures, you can't go wrong, especially with the pricing!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

On the upper right of the product page, it has a rating of 2/5 stars. Other than that, it looks really nice, especially for that price.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Check out my sceneries here on SOH

I would save your money until they sort out the installer - many 'decompression errors' result in an incomplete instalation that opens in 10-minute demo mode despite entering the serial number (cut & pasted from purchase receipt) in the installer. It may be OK if you already have Black Box stuff including their pre-flight manager installed, but not impressed so far...

Thanks for being the guinea pig :-( I really have a thing for MIL trainers and this looks good but I was worried about BlackBox's street cred, if you know what I mean.

I will let things settle out with this one for a while.

Appreciate the honest feedback.

In fairness they (he - Graham Waterfield) sorted things quickly. Problems blamed on AV - I only have Security Essentials, but anyway he sent a link to download BB's 'Preflight Manager' separately and from there it's the standard create account, activate product and good to go. No time to fly now, but everything is working and I appreciated the personal response after 9pm.

Opinion after purchase

This is an aircraft I have always liked and wanted on my sim. I found out about this rendition just a couple of hours ago and after like most of you checking the usual sites for opinions I still decided to try and beat the installation process problems that had been reported. I donīt know if any part of it has been modified as a response to previous issues but I made up my mind and less than 5 minutes later I had it sitting on the tarmac in my FSX. The serial number is emailed to you after payment and you need to create an account at their web for activation, it all worked straightforward to me.About the aircraft itself, I think it is a great product: impeccable modelling and texturing while unnoticed on the frames; delightful on the aerobatics yet stable for the larger trips. For perfection it just needs deeper engine modelling (playing with the fuel mixture lever has no effect on my rig, although prop pitch does. No auto-mixture enabled on my side) and some more attention to the engine soundset (as a matter of taste I find it a little bit bland plus for example, sound is the same with canopy open or closed). Sounds coming from switches/instruments/other moving parts in the aircraft are spot on.All in all a very enjoyable aeroplane and definitely worth it at that price. Hope I helped those in doubt.
    Last edited by Ikewe; March 2nd, 2017 at 09:40. Reason: Spelling

Members who have read this thread: 0