Muzzle flashes disappeared...

Thread: Muzzle flashes disappeared...

Muzzle flashes disappeared...

Don't know why but suddenly ALL my PTO aircraft have lost their gun muzzle flash and my towers have lost their markker lamlps. All that appears on them are solid cubes of red where the lights were. ANY ideas?

Check your display settings. I don't know why, but sometimes mine change on their own.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Missing textures or effects?
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Hi guys....

Thanks for your replies;
    B.C I checked all three theaters and all the graphic settings are the same. That is the first thing I checked and it is only the PTO that has this problem. Never had this before.
    Allen I have been checking that and short of replacing the WHOLE tex file I am trying to figure out what texs are involved. Any ideas\pointers there?

Fibber,

fx_1,fx_2, and fx_3 are used for muzzle flash.
    They are in the main TEXTURE folder.

Regards,
    B24Guy

What was the last item/addon made to this install?

Give that man...

a cigar!!! B-24 guy hit it. Those three files were completely missing. Now the Tower\antenna lights any idea there? THANK YOU on Guru!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    a cigar!!! B-24 guy hit it. Those three files were completely missing. Now the Tower\antenna lights any idea there? THANK YOU on Guru!!!!
    Which towers are you using?
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Dvslats/bh

1st. Dive Slats. That's the rub. The setup was done a looooooooooong time ago with no nwe additions since MR's . The ONLY thing that was done since then is Wolfis great new TBF. That's it!

BH.. looooooong time ago additions like that were made and so long ago I am not sure. All I know is that where little red lights USED to be there are now red squares.

Hi Fibber,

Glad that you found the prob.
    For the lights it sounds also like a texture is missing.

Now to find out it's name. Once you have the name then.

Find the objects DP file and look for the FX being called.
    Look in the FX file for the name of the TEXTURE used.
    See if the texture is still in the TEXTURE folder.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

In case anyone is interested.........

.......been looking like crazy to solve this. After comparing a original copy to my PTO I found a tex labeled "smoke_sheet". Now I don't if that is where the marker light tex came from but one of the items looked like the light. I copied it over and BINGO! I have the lights on the towers oil tanks everywhere it used to appear !

BH; in answer to your question as to what tower I think it might have been from Gart20 RAF GSL building

Everyone; thanks for your steerage.Especially the B-24 Guy!!

Members who have read this thread: 0