Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Poor Caffiers... Everyone beats Caffiers up! Guess I should put some AI in at Tramecourt to guide people there and attack that instead...

Here's somewhere closer to go and duff them up from, whichever you decide needs strafing...

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/yeg...-scenery-what/

Please note though, that if you want to see the statics, you'll need Fulbert's static Hawker Typhoon from the FSX scenery object library here at SOH...

Cheers,

Ian P.

Edited to add:

Yes, all the Luftwaffe airfields are in the "All-in-One" pack, including one that isn't available on its own (QLAB) and a couple that are just bare bones. The individual ones available are:

Caffiers: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/his..._Q1CF_v1_0.zip
    Tramecourt: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/his..._Q0TC_v1-0.zip
    Herdla: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/his...P_ENHL_0-1.zip
    Al Qa-arah (fictional): http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk//fi..._QLAQ_v1_0.zip
    Good Idea, Thank You. Is it work with P3Dv3?
    I remember Your "old" sceneries needed a patch for taxiway.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I would love to know from one of our modellers why this is the case with FSX, and why some prop animations do work with rotation = -1 entry, whilst others don't!
    The default animation code from the SDK assumes clockwise animation, so the angle of the prop increases from 0 to 360 over time. The rate it does this determines which prop model gets used, from still to fast blurred.
    If you have a -1 entry the FSX rotates the prop from 360 to 0 over time. As far as I can tell the default animation reads this as the slowest prop speed as, if you're expecting a clockwise rotation, an anti-clockwise one never gets above 0 rpm. This will use the slowest prop model which will jump between various positions depending on what the sim sends as the current rotational angle.
    Note, the sim doesn't care which way the prop model is rotating, that's just some fancy visuals, so you can model it to rotate anti-clockwise with a clockwise prop model.
    It's actually not that hard to re-write the animation code to be ambidextrous, I mean I managed it, but if you haven't written a lot of custom animations it might be a bit overwhelming.

Home in time for tea and tiffin

ATB
    DaveB

Didn't quite escape.
    YoYo: Yes, it should work fine in P3Dv3 - unfortunately I can no longer test it, as L-M wouldn't let me change my card number to pay for the dev license, so hence it expired and they cancelled my subscription! Not impressed with that at all.

Ian P.

Nice shot, DaveB.

Can someone tell me what I need to get the static Hawkers to display for Ian's B7LG? I assume it has something to do with the guid.txt?

I've got all the necessary library and scenery folders setup including the static Hawkers, but they still don't display.

Thanks
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Didn't quite escape.
    WarHorse47: Provided you've added the Typhoon library to your FSX scenery library, it should work. Try putting the scenery and texture folders from the Tiffie library directly into the same folder as B7LG, if you've done that...

And just to show that I'm still working on Holmsley South, this is what it looks like at present. I need to take an engineer regiment (or SBuilderX flattens) to a number of cliffs and put in lots of clutter, other than that, it's pretty much done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails x2ho_1.jpg  

WarHorse47: Provided you've added the Typhoon library to your FSX scenery library, it should work. Try putting the scenery and texture folders from the Tiffie library directly into the same folder as B7LG, if you've done that...
    Nope. First I added the Typhoon library. Wasn't sure of the sequence, higher or lower number than B7LG.

I just combined it with B7LG (and removed the Typhoon library to avoid duplicates) and still no Typhoons.

I'm sure its something small and silly I've overlooked. I assume it doesn't matter what percent airlines or GA aircraft for the static to show? All the other tents, vehicles show w/o problem. Got me stumped.
    -- WH

Didn't quite escape.
    Well that's odd!

Are you running DX10 preview? I wonder if it's there, but not displaying...

Ian P.

Here's a fun true story with a reward at the end!

So we finished a different texture to put into the SP. All buttoned up and ready to upload until one of the eagle eyed fellas here saw that it was the wrong version. Yep we had made one of the 3 Typhoons sent to Egypt for appraisal by the RAAF 451 squadron. Of course they were actually the "car door" version and not the later version. Expletives that arent safe for work were expelled and the sharkmouth texture that was released in the SP was commenced. However the texture was finished and we all thought "Hey perhaps someone might like it anyway even if it isnt historically accurate".

So head off to http://aeroplaneheaven.com/product_typhoon.php and scroll right down to the bottom to get your free download. We've put a little readme on how to put a new livery in ( if you need it ) and the [flightsim.x] entry for you.

If you'd like to know more about the real 3 Typhoons then this site is helpful http://adf-serials.com.au/typhoon.htm

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails release_egypt.jpg  

With the update I get this weird ghost prop issue at low rpm. How can I get rid of it?

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

With the update I get this weird ghost prop issue at low rpm. How can I get rid of it?

SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Thanks pilto von pilto, a very nice gesture with a very nice paint scheme.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks for the new texture. Like it much more than the one with a shark mouth. And v 1.1, though no expert at all seems much better.

Regards

Re: Stripes...

The Hawker Typhoon is rather unique, with regard to black/white stripes, as early on they were required to have black/white/black/white/black/white/black stripes painted under the wings, even from the factory, as early as 1942/43, not as "invasion stripes", but simply as "ID/recognition stripes", since the aircraft was being mistaken early-on by Allied serviceman on the ground as being Fw-190's.

Some crisp factory-applied ID/recognition stripes (done away with by early 1944).

Here we have actual "invasion stripes", at the time of invasion (D-Day).

Here again we are back to "ID/recognition" stripes (as reduced from the original "invasion stripes") as seen around mid/late summer 1944. In the fall of 1944, a directive further reduced the presence of these ID/recognition stripes to only being present on the bottom of the fuselage (as i recall, eventually being done away with completely by early 1945).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Some more Typhoon photos (purposely omitting all of the ones of the car-door variant).

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

As with all things Roger there are compromises. We have added a low vis prop to the slow prop routine to aid with transitions. FSX is nothing short of brutal with how it handles props. When reversing the torque to give right swing, the props also have to be altered. We lose the more subtle effects we had because FS can't handle contra rotation very well. When we get a bit of time we are going to look at the whole prop issue in FS/P3D and see if we can come up with a solution for more realism with counter-clock props.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    As with all things Roger there are compromises. We have added a low vis prop to the slow prop routine to aid with transitions. FSX is nothing short of brutal with how it handles props. When reversing the torque to give right swing, the props also have to be altered. We lose the more subtle effects we had because FS can't handle contra rotation very well. When we get a bit of time we are going to look at the whole prop issue in FS/P3D and see if we can come up with a solution for more realism with counter-clock props.
    Ok Baz, understood. I also find I don't have a cfg entry in easy or realistic for the new "texture.245taf". I uninstalled the original version but is this a reinstall issue?
    SYSTEM :

Well that's odd!

Are you running DX10 preview? I wonder if it's there, but not displaying...

Ian P.
    Nope. Just vanilla plain FSXA.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Ok Baz, understood. I also find I don't have a cfg entry in easy or realistic for the new "texture.245taf". I uninstalled the original version but is this a reinstall issue?
    The new livery should be listed in the default aircraft cfg that is in place when you install the SP. The default CFG is the realistic version. As a back up, copy it and let it overwrite the one in the Realistic folder. Take the entry for 245TAF from it and add it to the EasyFly cfg. to replace the Egypt one we left in there. You should be all set.

The new livery should be listed in the default aircraft cfg that is in place when you install the SP. The default CFG is the realistic version. As a back up, copy it and let it overwrite the one in the Realistic folder. Take the entry for 245TAF from it and add it to the EasyFly cfg. to replace the Egypt one we left in there. You should be all set.
    Baz, that would make the Egypt texture #8 but when downloaded it's cfg shows #7. This would need changing to #8.
    SYSTEM :

If you are going to add the Egypt texture, you are correct.

Baz. You may also want to take a look at the gun sight reticule. When that is turned on the gun sight glass perimeter looks odd against the background of the prop.
    -- WH

When that is turned on the gun sight glass perimeter looks odd against the background of the prop.
    Yes, please. Other than that, just great.
    My Military Flight Videos :

@IanP : B7LG is just what I needed to log some test flight near action areas.
    But I don't get Airfields layout as I see it in your screenshots. Is there a way or
    photoscenery makes that impossible ? Thank's.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B7LG.jpg   B7LG.jpg  
    My Military Flight Videos :

Didn't quite escape.
    Photoscenery will always overlay terrain polygons, unfortunately, so what you see is what you get... However, it does show nicely how I placed the layout based on the underlying fields - the memorial to B.7 ALG is on the field boundary to the left of your image, near the curve of tents on the perimeter.

The only way to prevent that happening is to create a "fake photoreal" or a modelled polygon for the aerodrome backdrop. I can do that, but it takes a significant amount of time and effort.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 2