Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released

Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released

Looking forward to this one , get it now ... http://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_typhoon.php Mike

Blog Entries
    WOW that is a true work of art! Gorgeous!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I love the shillouete of this plane. I'm just wondering how closer to a divorce she may
    brings me...
    Funny that is a "she" also...

BTW and maybe for future releases : I wonder how difficult could be to model the weapon load
    stations to show up, the same way Cataneo model's it in his Tacpacked planes (F-14, "Hoover", MB326, etc.)
    In such case, we could make it Tacpack compatible, regarding casting the weapons with TP and having proper
    visual load outs changes at the same time, while everybody could be happy...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Pushing the buy-button I get: If you are purchasing from a european country.........that means that for me the price goes up, right?

Cees

Hi Cees, unfortunately, all on-line products are now subject to taxes imposed by the countries you buy from. Europe has several different levels. We use vendors like Just Flight for U.K. and Europe purchases, FS Pilot shop and Simviation for U.S. and so on. Not all vendors have the product up yet, that is out of our control. They all have the packages uploaded to them.

I'd like to comment on that but then I'd violate the rule not to discuss politics on this forum. F*** Europe!

Cees

you quoting Trump there?...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    you quoting Trump there?...
    No politics Barry! (And he only grabs them.....)

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I'd like to comment on that but then I'd violate the rule not to discuss politics on this forum. F*** Europe!

Cees
    The Poms certainly have.
    On a more serious note, we have a 'Government' being pushed toward a GST for online purchases outside Australia, in one way it might be fair to our retailers but on the other hand it doesn't address the weak A$ as well as the Banks additional charges for 'Foreign Currency' purchases.
    And I'm really impressed with the 'Tiffie' Baz!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thanks mate, she's a handful but big girls and all that...

You guys are good for a laugh ("F*** Europe!")

That is a really good lookin' plane. The Typhoon was always my "go to" ride in CFS3. A well rounded fighter bomber.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Yes it's all in there and guess what.. there's just a single tile to worry about. Well two actually, if you count the spinner.

Sorry this is for Zoltsquack.

Didn't quite escape.
    I've got an airfield 95% complete to act as a roost for these as well - it's actually the home of 245 Squadron's "MR-?" from the pack, RAF Holmsley South in Hampshire, UK, but it doesn't have vehicles and clutter yet (considering how short a time it's taken me to find, research and build this place, be nice! )

Flying briefly out of it this morning while testing fixes, I love the "Tiffie" from what I've seen of it so far. She's a real handful on approach, but I haven't crashed one yet and lining up for a 350mph run along the main runway at Holmsley was a bit of a challenge too. You really need to keep your hands and especially feet on this aircraft. It feels appropriately heavy and the torque from the engine really can catch you out if you're not expecting it - I applied full power in a turn and had to swap pedal positions over quite abruptly to maintain control.

I don't want to hijack this thread to talk about my airfield, because this is about the aircraft, but X2HO is fully usable, if a little bland at present, if anyone wants it. I need to model a Bedford QL tanker, or use less accurate AEC Matador/Albion AM463 refuellers until I can get the Bedford made and looking reasonable. Then I just need to find an AI Tiffie, which might be a little more tricky!

Nice work, AH.

Ian P.

Thanks Ian, it all sounds great. Yes, the power is the key. Once the thrust from the Napier builds she becomes the stable gun platform she was designed to be. The secret to landing is to not back off too early, use the flaps to slow her down but thrust up to keep her straight. A pussycat once you get the hang of it.

Okay, I will just have to wait until JF has it available.

And Cees the fact that we all have different tax-rates inside Europe just shows that there just isn't a real Europe.
    Before anyone comments about political statements; It is just an observation, I do not intend to promote or discount European cooperation.

Looking forward to fly this beast in the near furture and I will try to do a repaint for the Typhoon flown by the Dutch Ace Jan Linzel (or did he fly a Tempest ?).

Cheers,
    Huub

Quite frustrating that I can't get it yet! (living in the UK for my sins)
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

or did he fly a Tempest ?
    I did a search, and the cover of "Oorlogsvlieger Jan Linzel" shows a Tempest 5R*A. I also found a photo of him with a post D-Day Spitfire, also 5R*A.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Although it doesn't look like it.. it's available at JF now. Click on the right hand pane that says 'Latest News' and you'll see it listed. Click on the product and you can buy and download it now. Price in the UK is £16.99. Downloading as I type

ATB
    DaveB

Hmm.. there appears to be a prob with the startup smoke. Anyone else seeing this?

D/L from JF
    FSX ACC DX9
    ATB
    DaveB

Then I just need to find an AI Tiffie, which might be a little more tricky!
    the old Alphasim Typhoon works quite well, light on frame's and all the glass, prop ect show up. To my knowledge, there's no Ai Tiffie out there, so it might be the only game in town.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. there appears to be a prob with the startup smoke. Anyone else seeing this?

D/L from JF
    FSX ACC DX9
    ATB
    DaveB
    Yes. Same here. After startup, there's also an orange effect by the prop spinner.

I ended up disabling the fx_AH_Typhoon_EngStart in the [effects] section. I wanted to see if others encountered the same issue.

Everything else is great. Love the cockpit and the default flight dynamics are a challenge. Had to practice several landings to get the handle on it. Looking forward to more flights today.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Yes. Same here. After startup, there's also an orange effect by the prop spinner.

I ended up disabling the fx_AH_Typhoon_EngStart in the [effects] section. I wanted to see if others encountered the same issue.

Everything else is great. Love the cockpit and the default flight dynamics are a challenge. Had to practice several landings to get the handle on it. Looking forward to more flights today.
    Same here. And the spinner is gone in the freeflight window.

Cees

"But we didn’t get that much training. Actually, to fly the Typhoon [the Hawker Typhoon single-seat fighter-bomber], we had a ‘tech rep’ they call them from the factory, he’d never flown. He built them but not flown them so he stood on the wing and he pointed out the features of the airplanes, here’s how you bring you wheels up, here’s how you turn your gas on, here’s how you start it. And don’t do this and don’t do that. And then he patted you on your shoulder and said: ‘You’re on your own.’ That was the orientation we got to fly the Typhoon. And you took off and the best landing you made is usually the first one. After that, it was controlled crash."

From the recollections of Jack Henry Hilton, Typhoon pilot, 438 Squadron RCAF
    http://www.thememoryproject.com/stor...-henry-hilton/

438 Sqdn. was there on D-Day
    https://www.junobeach.org/canada-in-...ook-june-1944/

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 2