Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Hawker Typhoon Released

Thumbnails

Smoke problem fixed, thanks...
    Anyone noticed that, although present in thumbnails, propeller and propeller hub won't show when choosing vehicles (all of Typhoon versions)? Running P3D 3.4.22.19868 nothing of importance but a strange thing to happen...

Best Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Captura de Ecrã (70).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Anyone noticed that, although present in thumbnails, propeller and propeller hub won't show when choosing vehicles (all of Typhoon versions)?
    Page 2 in the manual under DON'T PANIC!!.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I find reading the manual helps. Press Shift+1 to bring up the options panel.
    Thanks Bazzar
    I didn't read the manual on line I printed it out. Unfortunately the pages aren't printer friendly on my set up so the important bits got missed off.
    No problem .....now having read the manual on line I see the information I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Page 2 in the manual under DON'T PANIC!!.

OOPS........thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    OOPS........thanks
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    I'd hope that's not how the model flies: the Pilot's Notes (A.P. 1804A-P.N.) state no change of trim to be expected on flaps down. You haven't raised the radiator flap too? The P.N. states that will drop the nose and that radiator flap should be down with flaps down.
    Attitude little different rad flap open or closed. Anyone else see this??

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

The flaps on a Typhoon produce a large amount of drag and will slow the aircraft very quickly. You need power to keep the nose up and also trim. If you back off the power too much, she'll drop like a brick.There is also a set of more "benign" files included in the folder for those who prefer less of a challenge.

Very nice ! Someone knows if there are some 2nd WW tanks to play as AI traffic with FS recorder?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-2-25_22-6-40-625.jpg   2017-2-25_22-9-58-719.jpg   2017-2-25_22-22-45-292.jpg   2017-2-25_22-31-51-131.jpg  
    The more you do, the less you dream

I'm very impressed by the visuals of the model/textures as well as the sounds, and it is wonderful to have this aircraft in my hangar (especially as, although there aren't any currently flying, efforts have been well underway to change that)!

One issue, however, that I've found is that the p-factor/torque is pulling the aircraft in the wrong direction. From the cockpit, the prop on the Typhoon is spinning to the left, which should be creating p-factor and torque pulling the aircraft to the right (just like a Griffon Spitfire), but the flight dynamics are acting as if the prop is turning in the opposite/conventional direction to what it really is. You should have to be using left-trim for takeoff in a Typhoon, which is also counter to what the rudder trim indicator is doing/showing (the indicator arrow moves in the opposite direction to what it should be - the trim markings/arrow are correct though - when you dial the rudder trim to the left, the indicator should travel backward, and when dialing right rudder trim, it should be going forward).

Thanks John,

We've had a couple of comments re this so will be releasing a corrected set of files. I can see what's happened.

The Typhoon is indeed looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post

One issue, however, that I've found is that the p-factor/torque is pulling the aircraft in the wrong direction. From the cockpit, the prop on the Typhoon is spinning to the left, which should be creating p-factor and torque pulling the aircraft to the right (just like a Griffon Spitfire), but the flight dynamics are acting as if the prop is turning in the opposite/conventional direction to what it really is.
    This is a frustrating issue I've found with nearly all FSX aircraft that have counter clockwise turning props when viewed from the cockpit.

(The exceptions are the RA Spitfire XIV, and the Flying Stations Sea Fury which behave as they should).

What happens (as John describes), is that the prop animation turns the correct way, but the FM pulls the same way (to the left), as if it was a clockwise turning prop like the Merlin (that's when viewed from the cockpit).

I've noticed that the Aircraft.cfg is always missing an important entry under the propeller section.

That is rotation = -1. (i.e. a counter clockwise rotation when viewed from the cockpit)

This is a very important parameter if you are to get the correct P-Factor (or pull to the right) reaction during takeoff and high angles of attack at slow speeds for such an engine.

But, if you add this line to the Aircraft.cfg for an FM that behaves as John describes, the FM now works as it should (pull to the right), but the prop animation becomes screwed (goes very slowly) and now turns the opposite way to what it should!

This is very frustrating for accuracy, and indeed for FM development, as if the prop animation of the MDL does not like rotation = -1 entry, you have put up with a prop that turns the correct way, but an FM that doesn't.

In FS9, you could fix this issue by adding the line prop_anim_ratio = (a positive number) to the [fltsim.xx] section, and it would work correctly for both the animation and the FM.

But as anyone who has tried this in FSX will tell you, it no longer works!

I would love to know from one of our modellers why this is the case with FSX, and why some prop animations do work with rotation = -1 entry, whilst others don't!

Cheers

Paul

In the Typhoon we use a special code for the prop to create the hesitation and delays. This breaks all the rules of conventional FS animation anyway so just adding -1 to the cfg doesn't work with this code. Try it and you'll see what I mean. I know where the problem lies and will release a fix.

Saw an odd thing this morning. Started FS10 to my default flight which is a C-47 at NZMS. I then changed aircraft to the Typhoon, and as expected, it was displayed in the selection screen window with no spinner. Still at that screen, I selected a different location on the same airfield and suddenly the plane in the window had a spinner and prop!
    I suppose the change of location must have triggered a general reload...

MikeW

That's correct. If you look under "DON'T PANIC!" in the manual, you'll see the explanation.

A service pack is not far away. It will incorporate:

1. Revised dynamics to correct torque roll to right, requiring left rudder trim and left rudder correction to swing
    2. Revised trim adjuster and indicator to go with above.
    3. New prop animation routines to go with the above.
    3. Prop and spinner visible in chooser window at all times
    4. Flaps adjusted to give neutral trim at lower speeds, requiring less power/thrust adjustment
    5. Cartridge starter improved with improved re-load routine
    6. Checklist and manual updated to for the above changes

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    A service pack is not far away. It will incorporate:

1. Revised dynamics to correct torque roll to right, requiring left rudder trim and left rudder correction to swing
    2. Revised trim adjuster and indicator to go with above.
    3. New prop animation routines to go with the above.
    3. Prop and spinner visible in chooser window at all times
    4. Flaps adjusted to give neutral trim at lower speeds, requiring less power/thrust adjustment
    5. Cartridge starter improved with improved re-load routine
    6. Checklist and manual updated to for the above changes

Thanks.
    Love this aircraft. But difficult to fly in real settings? No not really if you watch your airspeed. Only the ballooning with flap deployment seems to be a bit much for an aircraft of this size and weight.
    Finally an aircraft with an almost correct prop blur as seen from the cockpit. You hardly see it and that's how it should be as I can say from my real world flying (EHHV) behind the prop experience. NOT the look as seen in movies and photographs.

If I might add: a slight adjustment to the tailwheel when unlocked?

gear_system_type=1
    point.0= 1, -19.236, 0.000, -3.950, 2500, 0, 0.600, 60.000, 0.300, 2.500, 0.700, 7.000, 5.000, 0 which makes turning easier.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Loving mine
    What is the base?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

What is the base?
    RAF Manston 1945, still working on it, give me about a week or so.

Love this aircraft. But difficult to fly in real settings? No not really if you watch your airspeed.
    Me too, i find it easier to land with half flaps, i seem to be fighting with it with everything hanging off the bottom

cheers ian

I'm very interested in this scenery base also - if publicly available that is - for my
    WWII West Front project with Typhoon (but other planes also)...
    My Military Flight Videos :

Didn't quite escape.

Tiffie Nests

Both of mine are perfectly usable... Holmesley South needs clutter, the B.7 ALG needs screenshotting and packaging up.

If anyone wants them, let me know. I've been easily handling the Tiffy out of both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    I'm very interested in this scenery base also - if publicly available that is - for my
    Quote Originally Posted by xpelekis View Post
    WWII West Front project with Typhoon (but other planes also)...

Have you seen the rest of my WW2 sceneries? They may be of use to you...

Ian P.

Defiantly say yes to both Ian, i think Holmesley South is a caravan site now, used to have holidays there in the 1970's, visited a few years ago, the new forest ponys love the runway and fighter pens, and the old Braithwait water tower still stands.

cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post

Me too, i find it easier to land with half flaps, i seem to be fighting with it with everything hanging off the bottom

cheers ian
    30% flaps will give a slightly hot landing but at least it's controllable and attitude is not too unreal. Lowering weight/fuel load gives me threshold and touch-down speeds not too far removed from numbers given (105/90 KIAS). Like many aircraft it's better keeping the power on until it's down to prevent a sudden drop and bounce. Looking forward to some authentic strips as well guys!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Even if AFAK the bulk of the Typhoon were painted with invasion stripes, it should be nice also to fly an airplane without them..
    The more you do, the less you dream

Wow! Between this release and the fantastic C-47, I am really getting an itch to start back into the WWII stuff again. Thank you so much for the loving attention put into this great looking war bird and getting the update/patch out so quickly.

A little off topic, but seeing the other thread about V1's and BF109's, does this beauty have the ability to shoot objects or were they done with Tac Pack or Captain Sims weapons pack add-on? I can just envision an updated EAW type simulation and with all the fantastic updated scenery from Orbx and the like, beauty and fidelity beyond anything EAW could have produced in it's day. Now, to get a hold of my Occulus Rift for a full immersive interaction with this great plane.

Thanks again for this plane. She will be in my hangar by weeks end.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1