Korean war f4u-4b...

Thread: Korean war f4u-4b...

Korean war f4u-4b...

... cleaning up my Korean War theater and trying to make some sense of my scrambled file system I have found that I have three F4U-4B's. I know that the person who used two initials, and whose name shall not be mentioned here, had did one for Fox Four with a catapult version of that plane.
    Now here is my problem. I have one that is that persons and another with a skin, by Kelti, that matches to Dbolts plane. I believe the "C". Now I have one other that has several skins in it.
    My question is does anyone know how many versions of the F4U-44B area available here , or elsewhere?
    I may have inadvertently titled my questionable file a F4U-4B when it really is not but rather the F4U-C.
    I tried looking back, but unable to determine what led me here or where the file had its roots.
    Perplexed to say the least.

There are some older, true -4B models done by Gramps years ago, but the most recent native would be the FDGv2 donationware model HERE

Morton did some Korean war repaints for it also.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

BC...

thanks, funny I was just coming back to report EUREKA, I found it!!!!!!It seems to be the FDG2_F4u4B that was part of the package and the skins probably are Morton's. Forgot I had that and it was misplaced. Thanks a bunch though.
    BTW does Morton still have a site?

How does one open the .zip files from Morton's site?

Its been a while, drop the .zip and they should open.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Its been a while, drop the .zip and they should open.
    Bob
    actually drop the .jpg

I've had trouble with them before. Make sure they are icons not thumbnails.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Even dropping the jpg extension to leave the zip extension doesn't help in some cases because Winzip will still refuse to open the files. I found that the absolute easiest way is to rename the entire extension section (both the *jpg and *zip) to *.rar and open the files with Winrar.

Mortons ....

I found that a program called 7-Zip opens the file. Have to double click on the picture and it opens.

Thanks folks...winrar worked on one; others won't open on that, winzip, 7-zip...oh well, great skins anyway!

prog...

I found that with the 7.zip I had to double click real quick on the file photo NOT the photo that shows when you down load the file. Also, I found it easier to go to his site, click on the top "WW-2 ETO -PTO Post war " boxes and download the whole thing in one zip file. Then try to open from THAT d\l file. Can be done but a bit of a frustrating to do

Members who have read this thread: 0