Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III released

You can get it here:
    https://www.justflight.com/product/pa28r-arrow-iii

This product was developed by the Just Flight in-house team!
    Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Blog Entries
    I think your going to like this one, she's a beauty, the JustFlight products are getting better and better.

Ian

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Not at $42. Prices are reaching the no buy zone.. I could never afford to buy this. I'm retired like a lot of people and on a limited income. I will stick with a budget of about $30 and maybe buy others on sale. Right now saving up for P3D V4.

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Not at $42. Prices are reaching the no buy zone.. I could never afford to buy this. I'm retired like a lot of people and on a limited income. I will stick with a budget of about $30 and maybe buy others on sale. Right now saving up for P3D V4.
    Hi Bob. We think it's a fair price for a fully-simulated/study sim aircraft and is comparable with similar products, however we appreciate that this is an expensive hobby and no doubt there'll be a promotional offer available at some point. We'll also be making a demo version available if anyone wants to try before they buy.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Saw it in the email newsletter this morning. Looks quite well done and at a level of detail on par with other high level GA offerings out there from other companies.
    Will have to try her out with the demo model for sure.

Looks like nice done!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great looking product. Wonderful video. The only thing missing was that Scott Gentile guy from A2A narrating the marketing pitch. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Great looking product. Wonderful video. The only thing missing was that Scott Gentile guy from A2A narrating the marketing pitch. ;-)
    You mean when he demonstrate how to lift an airplane with a floor jack and cinder-block?

No thanks...

This offering does look spectacular. Looks like it has some neat features. I have a bit of seat time in the fixed gear counterpart, so the Arrow is a must have for me!

- Joseph
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

It looks great... If I stay with P3D I may go for it! How's the flight modelling? I only have a teeny amount of time in the exact model.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

How's this one on the framerates?

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    How's this one on the framerates?

Cees
    We were very pleased with performance considering the level of detail, and found it comparable to other advanced GA aircraft.

We'll be releasing a demo shortly if you'd like to assess framerates before purchasing.
    Martyn

Maybe I am just being dumb and missed something - got a green header bar saying something about GPS and 'changing HSI source' with the default Garmin 100. FPS is stuttering too. If I select the GTN750 (which I do have) the bar goes and all settles down. Anyone else?

Otherwise, I like it.

This with Win7, P3D v3.4.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by teeboy View Post
    Maybe I am just being dumb and missed something - got a green header bar saying something about GPS and 'changing HSI source' with the default Garmin 100. FPS is stuttering too. If I select the GTN750 (which I do have) the bar goes and all settles down. Anyone else?
    I have that too. I uninstalled the GTN's to get it working. On the JustFlight forum's they suggest you upgrade to the latest GTN (1.20 i think). If that is the version you are using, I suggest you contact JustFlight. They are very helpful.

If upgrading to the latest version of the Flight 1 GTN software does fix the issue then please let me know and I should be able to make some changes to make it backwards compatible with older versions of the GTN.
    Martyn

Icon12

Apparently I have the latest GTN version (1.11), and seems okay with it selected. Its the default Garmin (which I actually want to use) that seems to cause the problems...

And I've just found out that the TB10/20 now has the same message appearing, although that does clear after a few seconds (also does after selecting a different GPS). Never noticed that before. Maybe a conflict with having both on the same sim?

Is this a good time to ask for the Flight1 GNS as an option?

Using P3D 3.4.18.19475 in case that makes a difference.

Martyn,

Further to the above, with the GTN750 selected I am unable to enter comms frequencies in it. Stuck on 108.00! Will raise a support ticket with you, but it seems my setup has some big issues..

Hope its just teething probs (I work with some companies putting big software changes in - these things always happen, and the more complicated the starting point, the bigger the grief!).

I think the latest Flight1 GTN version is now v1.20.

We should have the Flight1 GNS integrated by later next week
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    We were very pleased with performance considering the level of detail, and found it comparable to other advanced GA aircraft.

We'll be releasing a demo shortly if you'd like to assess framerates before purchasing.
    I dont believe this with the demo untill I see it. Its a long time since you promissed a demo for the HS748 propliner and an even longer time since you promised one for the BAE 1-11.
    All this promissing and not doing ends up like the the story about the wolf.
    That said, the Arrow looks very neat indeed and i will try the demo when you have made the other demos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mejborn View Post
    I dont believe this with the demo untill I see it. Its a long time since you promissed a demo for the HS748 propliner and an even longer time since you promised one for the BAE 1-11.
    All this promissing and not doing ends up like the the story about the wolf.
    That said, the Arrow looks very neat indeed and i will try the demo when you have made the other demos.
    We are both a developer and a publisher. The products you mention are not developed by Just Flight and therefore our level of control over what can be done is very different than for internally developed products like the Arrow. That said, I'm not sure where demos for those products were promised but I'll see what can be done. In the mean time, I can promise you that an Arrow demo will be available very soon.
    Martyn

If upgrading to the latest version of the Flight 1 GTN software does fix the issue then please let me know and I should be able to make some changes to make it backwards compatible with older versions of the GTN.
    Martyn, I uninstalled my GTN and Garmin trainer applications - the default Arrow avionics then were fine and no green warning bar about HSI source. Had a very enjoyable mooch around in it yesterday evening. Found a post on the Flight1 support forum stating that both the GTN application and the Garmin Trainer have to be re-installed to get v1.20 (despite the auto updater telling me I had the latest version 1.11!). I have just installed both new items and your Arrow is now mighty fine (but I have not used the GTN750 option yet).

I have to say this is one damn good product. I run P3D on an i5 760 overclocked to 4Ghz with a GTX960 2Gb card (so, pretty old) and I'm getting my locked 30fps just about everywhere, with a slow drop to a stable 20fps when in airport scenes (Orbx FTXAU). Big thumbs up here.

Nick

Excellent, glad it's sorted and that you're enjoying it!
    Martyn

This is one the best GA planes I have in FS. I think you guys did better than the Trinidad on this one. The handling feels quite Piper-ish, with the characteristic drop-like-a-stone attitude when throttle is closed.

I seem to be getting a smoke effect issue, similar to the one reported on the Tiffie. Any suggestion?

I'll have a look, but this shouldn't be using any smoke effects to cause that issue.
    Martyn

A quick start guide video is now available:

Martyn

I'll have a look, but this shouldn't be using any smoke effects to cause that issue.
    Any news? It is P3D btw. It seems the transparency issue is less severe than what was reported in the Tiffie but it is certainly there.

Members who have read this thread: 0