Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released

Wow! Both T and low tail!
    And we might have another member of the PA28 family coming along at a later date
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

I am interested in the Turbo Arrow III regular tail. The T tail was not a fun plane to fly. The T tail was a short-lived model. How about doing a Cherokee 6 - 300? Those were / are VERY nice planes. I LOVE anything Piper. I worked for a Piper dealer, so I have a slight bias.

Don

I like the Arrow a lot - great to see her Sisters coming along .... Start working on a few Repaints (Reworks). Nothing special, only a few fictional european Rego's.

Greetings Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_4_6_16_47_31.jpg   enb2017_4_6_16_46_53.jpg   enb2017_4_6_16_46_6.jpg   enb2017_4_6_16_45_25.jpg   enb2017_4_6_16_44_48.jpg  

Service pack 2.1 is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/pa...ow-iii/30fa7cc

Changes:

• Numerous improvements to FDE
    • RPM sound issue fixed
    • Improved compatibility with hardware (e.g. Saitek controls)
    • Oil pressure now drops when prop lever is used (a result of increased demand on oil system)
    • Increased RPM drop when carrying out magneto checks

Martyn

Hi all,

Work is progressing well on the Turbo Arrow III/IV. Hopefully some of you will be pleased to see the less worn panels/interior, and the new colour schemes offer something a bit different to the existing Arrow III.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Looking nice! Yes, unless the plane was used in a flight school, the interiors are usually pretty nice. Soon?

Don

Soon?
    Yes, hopefully within the next few weeks

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    I like the Arrow a lot - great to see her Sisters coming along .... Start working on a few Repaints (Reworks). Nothing special, only a few fictional european Rego's.

Greetings Dirk
    They are nice, but you might want to change the flag of the OH-PHF.

Yes, you are right - i will do that

Kind regards

Dirk

Hey Martin - loaded up the latest but there's still this thing about not wanting to start so uninstalled and back to the previous SP. Still fine and dandy. Your forum site doesn't know anything about me - gave email for password reset and it said no such thing here.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olderndirt View Post
    Hey Martin - loaded up the latest but there's still this thing about not wanting to start so uninstalled and back to the previous SP.
    Have you checked that you have fuel in your tanks. Yes I know it may sound stupid but it has happened to me. Also make sure you have selected both tanks. I have no problem starting the new SP.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Yeah, my fluids are good. Martyn and I danced an 'eightsome reel' over the release and after an exchange of files got it to run continuously. This latest SP is giving me the original fits so I just switched back to the one that works - and it does.

This latest SP is giving me the original fits so I just switched back to the one that works - and it does.
    When you uninstall using the ControlPanel you need to check the Airplanes folder to make sure everything has been removed. Unfortunately I found there was a folder for the Arrow still there. That folder contained the Panel folder with a PanelSave folder inside that. I deleted the folder relating to the Arrow and did a reinstall and everything worked fine. For some that PanelSave folder was stopping the battery from turning on.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Have you checked that you have fuel in your tanks. Yes I know it may sound stupid but it has happened to me. Also make sure you have selected both tanks. I have no problem starting the new SP.
    LOL! Pat - you'll never forget that tip! I don't remember the Arrow having a BOTH on the tanks. Pipers usually have one tank at a time, not both. That's Cessna. See picture of Turbo Arrow (picture too big to add in) Here is the url - look at bottom left of picture: http://www.wartungsbetrieb-krems.com...s/P1050820.JPG

Don

Had the same issue but I followed Aussieman's suggestion and she is now working fine

Thank Aussieman

Exactly the same thing - fixed. Martyn should make this a sticky on his forum - I see you made them aware. Thanks Pat.

That's a very refined model Martyn

Regards
    Rick

Thanks Rick

Service pack 2.2 is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/pa...ow-iii/30fa7cc

This is a small update which adds the option to use cleaner, less worn & torn virtual cockpit textures, as requested by several users. A 'Cockpit Texture Switcher' tool has been added to the Start Menu, allowing you to switch between 'Standard' (existing) and 'Clean' (less worn/torn) virtual cockpit textures.

Martyn

Customers have been reporting a problem with torque. The main problem is that after take off the plane wants to turn to the right rather sharply and requires massive rudder and aileron input to correct this. My experimentation with the rudder trim has partly solved the problem for me.

Below the throttle quadrant is the rudder trim knob. I have dialled in about 14-16 degrees of right trim and after 3 or 4 flights so far that setting has worked for me. With that setting the aircraft tracks almost dead straight from the runway.

When I was able to fly in real life torque was hardly noticeable. There was no deviation from the original track nor was there any tendency for the plane to want to roll.

Cheers
    Pat

Pat - wouldn't torque/P factor make you go to the left? Maybe it's different in the southern hemisphere? Mine goes to the left and a whisker of rudder trim takes care of it. Slight problem, finding it again after takeoff so the trim can be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi all,

Work is progressing well on the Turbo Arrow III/IV. Hopefully some of you will be pleased to see the less worn panels/interior, and the new colour schemes offer something a bit different to the existing Arrow III.

Martin,

If I buy the release you have now will there be an additional cost for the upgraded interior?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martin,

If I purchase the model you already have released, will there be an additional cost for new interior?

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

If you referring to the less worn interior I mentioned above then that is free for all Arrow III users. If you are referring to the Turbo Arrow (which is more than just a refreshed interior - see the in-development page for more information) then it will be sold as a standalone product like the Arrow III but we'll be offering it to existing Arrow III users for £10.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Pat - wouldn't torque/P factor make you go to the left? Maybe it's different in the southern hemisphere? Mine goes to the left and a whisker of rudder trim takes care of it. Slight problem, finding it again after takeoff so the trim can be removed.
    Should have put that it turns to the left. that's what happens after a long day and you are tired .

Cheers
    Pat

Garmin GNS 530W XP

I have the Garmin GNS 530W installed but can't seem to be able to turn it on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

Members who have read this thread: 0