Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight PA28R Arrow III released

Paul, thanks for the link. For some unknown reason the problem has disappeared!

I have just uploaded this repaint to the library, and soon at Avsim. A clean, shiny plane with a nice tail art, great for touring the Greek islands. The hieroglyphs are the Phestos disc, a bronze age clay scripture, not deciphered yet since its discovery in Crete in 1908. It is operated by the "Cretan Eagle" flight school in Iraklio, Crete.

Zoom on the tail:

Quote Originally Posted by delta558 View Post
    Not in the 14 hours between your posts - I'm working night shifts in the real world (through the weekend as well ) so haven't been able to get to the files for long enough to look into this yet. It will get sorted and hopefully very soon.

delta, Most here including myself would take your response as somewhat sarcastic...when really not needed.
    First, it was Saturday (my day off) and the question was not toward you, but to the community and seeing if anyone else had the same issue with the rpm's before making a ticket at justflight, but you chimed in, and per your first post it seemed like you were part of the team that released the aircraft and you were on line and you were just gonna go checking into it. I thought Cool.

but you didn't, you chose a different path. Please, the next time you feel like typing clever remarks to make yourself feel better and attempting to make others feel bad, Please, don't. Alot of people work hard, nights, days, and both, including myself... We work hard so we can take care of our families and enjoy a hobby when we finally do have a day off.

I spent my money with justflight on a product I am overall happy with and was polite in asking my question to the OH community. I am not thin skined I just don't deserve to be on the end your sarcastic typing wit, because honestly, it not worth the price of your plane.

OK then, were you able to find the problem with the rpm's.

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    delta, Most here including myself would take your response as somewhat sarcastic...when really not needed.
    First, it was Saturday (my day off) and the question was not toward you, but to the community and seeing if anyone else had the same issue with the rpm's before making a ticket at justflight, but you chimed in, and per your first post it seemed like you were part of the team that released the aircraft and you were on line and you were just gonna go checking into it. I thought Cool.

but you didn't, you chose a different path. Please, the next time you feel like typing clever remarks to make yourself feel better and attempting to make others feel bad, Please, don't. Alot of people work hard, nights, days, and both, including myself... We work hard so we can take care of our families and enjoy a hobby when we finally do have a day off.

I spent my money with justflight on a product I am overall happy with and was polite in asking my question to the OH community. I am not thin skined I just don't deserve to be on the end your sarcastic typing wit, because honestly, it not worth the price of your plane.

OK then, were you able to find the problem with the rpm's.
    Like what you said. It's so easy to be a smart ass - been one for too long myself. In the rush to get the product to market, beta testing doesn't seem overly effective, was it ever, but we all have to show some restraint - pithy remarks are a dime a dozen and we each have a library of them.

Absolutely not intended to be sarcastic, but again the written word often fails to pass across its exact meaning. You asked me a question, doublecool, quoting me and asking if there was any word yet. I was simply stating fact that I was in work for most of that time and therefore had not had any chance to get to the files. I wrote it when I was half asleep after a long shift (again, nothing to take from that about anybody else's work, just again statement of fact about my circumstances at the time).

My initial comment to your first post was also necessarily short and to the point as you posted not long before I left the house, it was an acknowledgement that the engine shouldn't be behaving like that and that your point was correct. Yes, as you point out I am part of the team that worked on this but I do it in my spare time. I did not intend for you to take from that that i would be working on it immediately, just that your point had been noted and would be checked. Sometimes I have the time to get stuck in on the forums and try to help out, other times my job leaves me exhausted and this has just been one of those weeks.

Anyway, the problem has been found, fixed (along with along few other minor tweaks) and hopefully should see the light of day fairly soon.
    Paul.

delta,

Good news about the fix

Thanks

We're currently looking for people with experience on the PA-28R Arrow III Turbo or Arrow IV Turbo. Please PM me if you've got that experience and would like to help us.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

It would be great to see the turbo version on the arrow III
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-PZX 5.jpg  

turbo and non turbo MP gauges
    non turbo turbo Piper arrow III
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MPFF.bmp   MPFF-T.bmp  

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    We're currently looking for people with experience on the PA-28R Arrow III Turbo or Arrow IV Turbo. Please PM me if you've got that experience and would like to help us.

Thanks
    Martyn
    I wish!
    Seriously though, I don't, and I don't know anyone who does. I do hope you find someone. If the quality is as good as this one you'll have another winner.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Found part of my problem with the GTN750 but now trying to get it to work here. Found my version of the P3D GTN750 was an old version. I downloaded the new version and it works with the A2A aircraft but not with the Arrow yet.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Found part of my problem with the GTN750 but now trying to get it to work here. Found my version of the P3D GTN750 was an old version. I downloaded the new version and it works with the A2A aircraft but not with the Arrow yet.
    Had the same problem initially. You need the latest GTN download from Flight1 (not using the F1 update tool - mine said v1.11 was current, when v2 was really the latest) AND the latest GTN Lite trainer from Garmin - the older trainer will not be enough! Once they are both installed, the GTN works fine in the Arrow (even if I prefer the GNS in the panel ).

Hope this helps,
    Nick

I have got the GTN working but now I have lost all electrical power. Oh well, head down a**e up and find out the cause on the Arrow as I have poser to all other aircraft. It is not a big deal at the moment as I have some other things to keep me interested.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I found the major cause of my problem regarding the GTN750 GPS and lack of electrical power. I suffer a bit of OCD when it comes to arranging my aircraft in the P3D selection window. I like to group my aircraft so they are easier to find. Ii like to have them for example: A2A C-182, A2A Cherokee, JF Douglas DC-6 etc. To do this I either need to alter the "ui_createdby=" or create a new one if it doesn't exist.

In the JF Arrow In the line "ui_createdby=Just Flight" I tried to change it to "ui_createdby=Just Flight Piper PA28R Arrow III". Just by adding the bit "Piper PA28R Arrow III" Somehow killed the electrical system and the GTN750 GPS. Leave the cfg untouched and everything works fine.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post

Thanks
    Martyn
    I have Turbo Arrow III experience, but it has been 39 years ago! Don't remember any details. It was a nice airplane - Brand new at the time. Looking forward to your new Piper line.

Don

Same here Don. I flew the Arrow several times but the last time I flew one was in 1980. With my fading memory over the years not even sure if it was a turbo model. Probably changed a lot since then. Not sure if I can be of any help Martyn.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    It would be great to see the turbo version on the arrow III
    SO..... check THIS :

https://www.justflight.com/product/p...o-arrow-iii-iv .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Martyn

Yes, but now my f1 gtn650 and 750 are gone! These are no longer in the menu!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Yes, but now my f1 gtn650 and 750 are gone! These are no longer in the menu!

Cees
    Have you tried the model switcher on your desktop?

Quote Originally Posted by delta558 View Post
    Have you tried the model switcher on your desktop?
    Oh dear, I must be getting old! Forgot all about that one! Ooops!

Sorry!

Cees

Whatever you've done on the FDE seems to have made it better. It feels even better on approach and flare now. Excellent work!

This will be one of my "best purchases" for 2017 and I Thank everyone who was involved in making her so. Well done.

and to Delta, Thanks agian for your help, I was able to enjoy this fine plane while waiting for the lastest update.

Hi all,

Here are a few screenshots showing the exterior models of the upcoming Turbo Arrow III/IV (VC screenshots to follow soon).

Work is progressing well on the cockpit and flight dynamics. The product will feature two colour schemes for the cockpit, one for each variant, including new upholstery and less wear and tear than the already released normally-aspirated Arrow III.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Wow! Both T and low tail! Excellent! Already have repaint candidates for those.

Members who have read this thread: 0