******** Offline for Two Weeks

Thread: ******** Offline for Two Weeks

Blog Entries

******** Offline for Two Weeks

Errrrr...

Moving again. Internet is being shut off tomorrow (tentatively).

I'm anticipating I'll be "off the line" for about two weeks. Can't tell yet, it's all going to boil down to weather in CA and the provider's access to install dish.

I'll be traveling Saturday and Sunday. If I have to take the long route I'll be three days on the road. Once I get to the new nest, I can go on the line at the library and check messages.

If I miss any messages, PM's or comments it ain't personal. I'll catch you on the other side.

G...Out
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Good luck Gordon! See you when you're back on-line.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Yikes, moving again. That is tough when we are young pups. For folks like us it is tough. Good luck Gordon, hope all goes smoothly.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Good luck Gordon! You'll make it!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Yikes, moving again. That is tough when we are young pups. For folks like us it is tough. Good luck Gordon, hope all goes smoothly.
    I still get around well enough to manage some physical labor.

We didn't anticipate the record snow loads hitting the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The first storm was something like twenty feet.

Our house is literally at risk of being buried. Other friends up in town have six to eight feet on their roofs, and are at risk of structural damage. I need to go back and be on call to keep the place safe. I did a complete interior re-model last year and would like to keep that squared away.

My guess is the Pineapple Express is going to keep slamming CA, so this will probably go on for a few months yet. I looked at all of my options and made the call to take the defensive tack. Not too big of a deal...the weather in CA is going to leave a narrow window for me to squeeze through without too much trouble. I don't mind the snow so much...it's dry. The rain has had me concerned for the last week...and the washouts...and the collapsing highways...and the collapsing dams...and the collapsing bridges.

Other than that it should be a cake walk.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

supposed to hit the Sacramento area again starting Saturday afternoon through Tuesday.

Stay safe and good luck. I hope everything turns out for the best.

CRIKEY! .. It knew it was bad 'The weather', from one extreme to the other, it is weird the way the world is working at the moment , finger crossed its only a cycle thing .

Should give those who think paradise wherever has no problems pause for thought. That said, I'd love to visit Cal. again. Hope all goes well, Gordon.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Good luck, Gordon! And stay safe!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Stay safe Gordon!

All the best!

Cees

No any preview of Gordon's work through two weeks?
    Oh no!?

Safe trip Gordon!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No any preview of Gordon's work through two weeks?
    Oh no!?

Safe trip Gordon!
    Thanks, I'll try to keep the shiny side up.

I actually had another video cut and ready with shots of the night lighting, but the video was too choppy. My raw AVI files are super smooth, but seem to suffer some degradation when published to a format that YouTube will support.

I see it in video from other developers too. I've been trying to isolate the bug, but so far...no joy.

Sorry to make you wait, but I just couldn't bear to load that video until it's right.
    Thomas Jefferson

I think YouTube converts to Mp4, might want to convert to that format before uploading. Looking forward to your videos!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I hope you will have a smooth move and take care!

Huub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I think YouTube converts to Mp4, might want to convert to that format before uploading. Looking forward to your videos!
    I'm using Cyberlink Power Director 14. The trick is to find which MP4 format to use when I publish the movie. YouTube doesn't support certain code formats for MP4. I've done a series of short movies to find which will actually upload and play on YouTube.

I did a short movie this am. I went back to 30 FPS for DXtory and locked FPS at 30 in P3D. I did get a smooth MP4 from Power Director at those settings.
    I'm tearing down the studio this AM for the move, so I won't be able to test the format in YouTube until I get back online in Mammoth.

Thanks guys for the good luck. I appreciate it.

It's going to be sketchy but I have a gozillion miles on ice and snow. My truck is a tank...3/4 ton Silverado 4X4 w/snow tires, and the my wife is in our little all wheel drive Element. That one has syped snow tires, and she is good on ice as well. The bike is on an open trailer, but if CT has been putting pumice down on the ice, I've got a H Duty towing cover for the bike and can keep it relatively protected.

Weather has been clear enough for Cal Trans to deal with HWY 80 over to Reno. That's been my big concern until now, but the weather has eased enough for the plows to do their work.

C'ya when I boot back in.
    Thomas Jefferson

Gordon have you tried using Nvidia shadow play? Zero impact on frames and it records live directly into MP4. Best part is that its built into your vid card and only requires bring turned on in your nvidia settings. You can set buttons for all kinds of recording. You then can edit in your software of choice without having to convert at the end...good luck! See you in a few.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Gordon have you tried using Nvidia shadow play? Zero impact on frames and it records live directly into MP4. Best part is that its built into your vid card and only requires bring turned on in your nvidia settings. You can set buttons for all kinds of recording. You then can edit in your software of choice without having to convert at the end...good luck! See you in a few.

Update:
    OK...the move went well. No casualties and nothing broken. When the studio boots back in with no bugs I'll breathe a sigh or relief.
    I've spent the last three days digging out my house and have brought the utilities back on line.

Not online yet. Using library computer to check in.

Yeah Rick,

Shadow Play is really good for raw caps straight to MP4.

When I take the raw captured video into Power Director and edit with cuts and effects the re-produced video out of Power Director seems to show some stutters that appear to be related to frame rate synchronization. I've tried a bunch of different combos, but so far...no joy.

When I fire the studio back up I'll work with the video more while I wait to get internet installed. I actually produced a very smooth video just before I tore down, but was not able to upload it to YouTube for a check ride.
    Thomas Jefferson

When a storm comes and go's nothing better to find everything intact, some of what we seen here , I guess the millionaire actors have green lawns again, least you can relax with

Members who have read this thread: 0