Alabeo PA-22 Tri Pacer released!

Thread: Alabeo PA-22 Tri Pacer released!

Alabeo PA-22 Tri Pacer released!

Alabeo has released their Tri Pacer for $24,95

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?acci...uct&correl=126

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Blog Entries
    Tim, how does this compare to Lionheart's Tri Pacer? I'm sure there are those who would like to know if you have both...
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I'd say the Lionheart TriPacer is still the best offer, since it includes more variants, including the floats one if I'm not mistaken.
    The Alabeo one might have a better option for GPS integration, though... (not sure at all).

Nice! Thanks to Alabeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'd say the Lionheart TriPacer is still the best offer, since it includes more variants, including the floats one if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes, I agree! The Alabeo model is more detailed and has the better textures. But Lionheart offers much more for almost the same amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The Alabeo one might have a better option for GPS integration, though... (not sure at all).
    Surprisingly they do not offer any kind of third-party GPS integration for the PA-22.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I agree with what you have all said, however:

I have both but haven't flown the Lionheart airplanes in a while. I do like the Pacer option from Lionheart, but on the Alabeo product, everything on the panel works, no need to Ctrl-E to start the engine. I don't know if there was ever a fix, but on at least one of the Lionheart Tri-pacers, the overhead trim wheel would slowly spin making the airplane very hard to control. I like the Alabeo flight model, especially playing around with stalls. Try a power on departure stall, she will try to spin, a clear violation of one of the placards.

Bottom line, I like both with a short lead on the Alabeo machines.

Glenn

After learning of Alabeo's plan to release the Tri Pacer, I cleaned the cobwebs and bird nests out of my hangared Lionheart pacer and flew it around a little. As great as it was, I give the nod to the new Alabeo offering. Like all Alabeo models I have purchased it is beautiful to look at and a bear to easily create repaints. So far I am enjoying the new Tri-Pacer and do not regret the purchase. I do not in any way wish to downgrade the quality of the Lionheart model. One of my all time favorite FSX models is his Taiwind. I have never "hangared" it since it was first purchased and I'm still wishing for a new FSX native Bellanca Super Viking.

training wheel

I only wish the Alabeo version had a version w/o the nose wheel and make it a T/D. Had a PA 22/20 and had more fun fying it than any other plane I've had or flown. Had to sell it for the money, BIG MISTAKE

A little of "bushmania".

Last edited by YoYo; February 23rd, 2017 at 13:43.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

In different conditions. Very nice little plane!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

And few more from Today's trip.

One thing I don't like about the Tri-Pacer is the red vc light. It's too red for my tastes, but there is no option in the "lights" section of the cfg, so evidently it was created in the model.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    One thing I don't like about the Tri-Pacer is the red vc light. It's too red for my tastes, but there is no option in the "lights" section of the cfg, so evidently it was created in the model.
    Roger and Roger! :] You have right, I think too much this red colour (aggresive colour). Maybe its a good idea to change this red cockpit textures of VC (alpavtp_int1_night.dds)? Maybe I'll do it.

But 3D model is very well done:

Thanks for the hu on the textures for vc night, Yoyo. I've changed both night int textures for the day versions, reduced the brightness and colour saturation and now I'm happy.

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

It looks a lot of better!
    Colud You share it?

Noticed (and reported to Alabeo) in my FSX set-up that the dome and panel light switches work together and not independently, the two side cabin/panel spotlights are not visible from the exterior, using Shift+2 (control windows) - selecting either 'VC windows' and/or 'instrument reflection' has no effect and, finally, both fuel gauges show 'left fuel tank indicator' when hovering the cursor over them. Alabeo have reverted stating that "We are going to fix it and include on a future version for this aircraft".

Fingers x'd......

Quote Originally Posted by KevinJH View Post
    Noticed (and reported to Alabeo) in my FSX set-up that the dome and panel light switches work together and not independently, the two side cabin/panel spotlights are not visible from the exterior, using Shift+2 (control windows) - selecting either 'VC windows' and/or 'instrument reflection' has no effect and, finally, both fuel gauges show 'left fuel tank indicator' when hovering the cursor over them. Alabeo have reverted stating that "We are going to fix it and include on a future version for this aircraft".

Fingers x'd......
    Good catch. I added some from my side: http://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/50...r-improvement/ .
    This classic model is very nice and after the SP1 I hope it will be better .

I have info from Alabeo.
    They are working on SP1.

"NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
    ALABEO PA22 TRIPACER FSX/P3D

Fixes:
    - VC windows and Instrument reflections fixed.
    - Fuel gauges tooltips corrected to show correct information.
    - Elevator trim lever now animated from external view.
    - Map lights now are visible from outside.
    - Attitude indicator corrected.
    - Minor bugs fixed.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.
    You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version."
    http://www.alabeo.com/

It was Fast! TY!

Great Screen Shots YoYo. They need to add a float version.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ketchikan

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Great Screen Shots YoYo. They need to add a float version.
    TY. It will be nice, particularly when compared with LHC package.

Over Ketchikan. Not Today good weather here.

Hello,
    nice to inform You that I finished the story & review about PA-22 of Alabeo.

The review is in Polish (sorry) but if You want You can use Google translator button (left, top corner).

Many pictures also. Regards.

http://yoyosims.pl/

Direct link for the review: http://yoyosims.pl/fsxp3d-pa-22-tri-pacer-alabeo

Members who have read this thread: 1