Millers Field ME74 runway problem.

Thread: Millers Field ME74 runway problem.

Millers Field ME74 runway problem.

Hi All,
    Long time FlightSimmer, first post here.

Compared to the pics others have posted, the rendition of the runway that I see is wrong. See below.

This is in my FSX +SP1 + SP2 +DX10. Addons include a lot of ORBX stuff, including FTX Global, Vector, LC North America, Freeware Airport Packs etc., AS2016, and probably a lot of stuff I've forgooten I have.

Stuff I've tried - duplicate AFCADS, running the Vector AEC tool - but mostly scratching my head.

So basically I'm looking for solution suggestions. Thanks in advance.

And to Falcon409 - thanks for another great addon aerdrome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails millers1.jpg  
    Regards,
    Philip M. Wafer
    EIWT

Phillip, have to tried moving this scenery above any Orbx scenery? (Unless you already have it positioned that way). Since Millers Field is a grass runway, I can only assume that another add-on is causing the concrete to show through. You might check the freeware sceneries that Orbx installs via FTX Central. I have, in the past, had to delete some of those because they are duplicates of what I've already done and that can cause problems as well.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Hi Falcon409,
    Thanks for suggestions.

I've tried that already - Millers_Field_FSX is above Orbx and I can't find any other ME74.

Browsing the list of airports covered with the Orbx freeware pack, ME74 isn't even mentioned. There's something else going on here. Obviously it works perfectly for everybody else, so must be something with my setup.

I'll keep looking.
    Regards,
    Philip M. Wafer
    EIWT

Hi Falcon409,

The only other reference I found to ME74 was FSX/ORBX/FTX_VECTOR/FTX_VECTOR_APT/SCENERY/ABP_ME74.BGL. There was no equivalent APT_ME74.BGL file in the directory.

As a test I put dot OFF at the end of ABP_ME74.BGL to disable it and booted up FSX - no change. I ran FTX AERO and selected different "RUNWAY18" texture settings - no change.

I loaded your ME74_ADEX_EJW.BGL into ADE 1.70.6042 and looked at the List for runways.

You'll notice the SURFACE is listed as "129". I didn't expect a number to show up, so I double clicked on the line for the runway and brought up the runway property box.

You'll see in the description fields that the SURFACE pull down is showing blank. That makes sense(I *THINK*!!) - no FSX runway texture should show up on top of the photo texture of the field.

To round off, I backed up your ADEX file and then changed the Runway properties field "Surface" from blank to GRASS. This is what I get -

Hmmmm! I'm not sure what to think of that. My FSX interpreting the blank surface runway property as the first one on the list - concrete? I don't have Acceleration (don't really want it either.) installed - is that it??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails millers3.jpg   millers2.jpg   millers4.jpg  
    Regards,
    Philip M. Wafer
    EIWT

Quote Originally Posted by pwafer View Post
    Hi Falcon409,
    Hmmmm! I'm not sure what to think of that. My FSX interpreting the blank surface runway property as the first one on the list - concrete? I don't have Acceleration (don't really want it either.) installed - is that it??
    That would probably be the culprit. Many things changed from the Basic FSX, all for the good so there are many things that FSX/Accel is able to do and display that FSX Basic cannot. I looked at my ADE file to see what the runway info says and it is the following:
    runway width=0.16 (grass). . .done that way so that it shows in GPS, but not visible on the photoreal ground texture.

My guess is that FSX Basic doesn't recognize that setting and reverts to a default "type and width".

Current System Specs:

Hi Falcon409,

Hmm! Interesting!

Back to the ADEX! I changed the runway properties as below -

And got this -

Checked the GPS and got this -

Looks good! Looks sorted!!?? BTW, what's the _CVX.BGL file do??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails millers5.jpg   millers6.jpg   millers7.jpg  
    Regards,
    Philip M. Wafer
    EIWT

Quote Originally Posted by pwafer View Post
    Hi Falcon409, . . . .
    Looks good! Looks sorted!!?? BTW, what's the _CVX.BGL file do??
    Most likely it's a flatten or an exclude poly.

Current System Specs:

Well, I looks like I got to where I want to go. Your help and insight is much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Philip M. Wafer
    EIWT

Sorry, that should read -

"Well, it looks like I got to where I wanted to go. Your help and insight is much appreciated."

Thanks again Falcon409.
    Regards,
    Philip M. Wafer
    EIWT

Members who have read this thread: 0