FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip

Thread: FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip

FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military Props

Description: Update for our Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.12 Beta. Featuring nightlighted VVC, significantly updated Interactive Checklist, Automixture function, fine tuned flight dynamics and groundhandling with 2 choices of groundsteering, OMI Marker lights, selectable 'Cutie' picture plus various modifications, corrections and additions according to V3.12 users feedback.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

C-47 Night lighting

Beautiful night panel lights!!! For the first time I like flying at night. So Well Done....Thanks, Team!!!!

qar02

Awesome, thanks for the work guys! I just downloaded it.

Thank you so much! Just did one fast testflight, she is so much more awesome now (she was already awesome before)!
    I cant believe that you guys did it for free... if you go at any time payware (It would be absolutely justified) I am a day one customer!

Great Update

Heard about this update on the ORBX website. This update makes a really neat airplane even better. You developers did a fantastic job! After modifying the aircraft.cfg file as per instructions, at first all my previous C-47s did not appear. Realized quickly that although I had modified the aircraft.cfg file I also needed to copy over the texture files from the V3.12 version. Now they all appear. Made a first flight from KSEA to KPDX at night, and really enjoyed the new cockpit views.

Jim Kaye

Hi Folks,

You amazing people, it's an awesome bit of kit!!!

Thank you all!!!

Icon26

• Hi,

Thank you very much for the update! The night lighting looks great!
    I have noticed couple of things that I'm not sure of the cause, since I installed this and the FIXES update, though:
    1. I've noticed that on the checklist, the sounds on the flight control test of the check list have a tendency to repeat themselves until I return the control to center.
    2. In version 3.14, with Man set for 29.5 and RPM set for 2050, in auto rich or auto lean, I only achieve 120 knots. Check Winn Dixie Ad and Lowe's Ad. (Load default with 90% fuel remaining)
    3. That loss of power means I can't even reach a 105 knot climb speed at recommended 35" and 2300 RPM. ..or a little higher, really pushing the engines on temperatures.

Has anyone else notice the same things?
    Any suggestions on what I might be missing here?

Yours,
    Randy Cain

Change the power_ scalar to 1.2 in the cfg file.

Unhappy panel

Problem with the instrumant panel??
    Flying with the 3.12 is ok, but the 3.14 is causing problems, the view on the instrument panel is being blocked as if there is a curtain between the pilot and the panel.
    Have re-dowload and re-install, the problem remains, I wonder if I'm the only one having this problem, and what am I doing wrong, can some one help please.

Regards

Joap

Quote Originally Posted by Joap View Post
    Problem with the instrumant panel??
    Flying with the 3.12 is ok, but the 3.14 is causing problems, the view on the instrument panel is being blocked as if there is a curtain between the pilot and the panel.
    Have re-dowload and re-install, the problem remains, I wonder if I'm the only one having this problem, and what am I doing wrong, can some one help please.

Regards

Joap
    That sounds like an eyepoint problem. Move you view forward and see if the panel becomes visible.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Is the blower operational? I dont notice any difference in MAP when I change the blower from LO to HI

Lovely

Hi guys, I really love this aircraft, would it be possible or is it at least thought for the future to have the Basler BT-67 also available for P3D V4??

Thanks.

Swedish or "blank" repaints forDouglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14?

Hi!

I found some good swedish and scandinavian repaints for v3.14. Would it ber possible to get a repaint where you can insert your own reg number like in the default FSX Cessna?

Also I would like a RAF, AAF and a Swedish Air Force Paratrooper version. Is it possible to temporarlly use Paratrooper panel and effects or make a copy of the swedish Daisy?

I would like to reconstruct her participation in the 75 year D-day parachuter drop over Normandie. She belonged also to the allied airforces airdrop in D-day 1944. After the war she was sold to SAS. Now she is based in Vaesteras/Hasslo at the museum belonging to "Flygande Veteraner". In Vaesterås there is good collection of airworthy treasures. And also some very authentic simulators from Airbus to Gripen JAS-39. I tried the old SAS sim which is connected to FSX as it originally was as an IFR-trainer. Probably the nearest to a real CV-440 along with the one in Lelystad, Holland.

Members who have read this thread: 4